Reload this Page >

(fare gone) Air Europa: BOS - MAD $115

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(fare gone) Air Europa: BOS - MAD $115

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2005, 9:06 pm

Travelocity and the partner airlines who stepped in such as Continental and British Air (if that's the case) all deserve credit.

The situation also sends a big negative message about Air Europa.

The only thing that I dread is flying in coach to Europe. The last time I did that was in 2000 from Miami to London on Virgin. It was the worst flight to Europe ever. I have never flown coach on a CO 777 since I was always lucky enough to upgrade, so this will be a new experience.
Old May 18, 2005, 9:30 pm

I just called CO and got seat assignments and added my WP # as well. I asked about getting "priority seating" because of my SkyTeam Elite status and the agent referred me to the counter on the day of the flight. I don't have any experience with getting "priority seating" on any airline other than NW; how does one go about this? Doing just as the agent said, or is there another trick?
Old May 18, 2005, 9:37 pm

Programs: CO Platinum HHonors Diamond Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by SchmutzigMSP
I just called CO and got seat assignments and added my WP # as well. I asked about getting "priority seating" because of my SkyTeam Elite status and the agent referred me to the counter on the day of the flight. I don't have any experience with getting "priority seating" on any airline other than NW; how does one go about this? Doing just as the agent said, or is there another trick?
Elite or not, anyone can grab those seats during online check-in as far as I know. That was an iffy answer. I was hoping for the same. We'll see what happens when I call tomorrow, I guess. I thought that NW Elite had access to these seats as well.

peace,
~Ben~
Old May 18, 2005, 10:02 pm

I do not think that the CO agent knows what she is alking about. I am a CO elite and have been for almost the past 20 years. I do not know the CO rules for NW elites but they should be the same as NW has for CO elites. I am on a NW trip in the morning and I am using my CO elite status. I have been able to select my seat as a Premium on NWA.com on a $129 incl. tax, RT fare from PBI-DCA. NW always gave me elite seating, even in WBC even when I called in. I actually never needed the coach elite seating because I always managed to upgrade to first, but I cannot see why you cannot get elite seating on CO. Keep calling back until you get an agent who gives you the elite seating you want. To see the available seats pull the fligths up on Continental.com by using the reservation engine. Insert your dates of travel and when the flights come up click on "view seats" to see available seats. Premium seating is in blue.
Old May 18, 2005, 10:06 pm

Programs: AA GLD, AS MVP, DL, AC, *wood Gold
Oct 11-19, but now must work on getting from Victoria to Boston.
Old May 18, 2005, 10:10 pm

expedia

Wow,
I went into my expedia booking and it says " your booking has changed"
they changed the price of my fare to $1300 for 2 people. Just like that!
Unbelievable.....
Old May 18, 2005, 10:14 pm

Programs: UA/CO 1P, AA Plat
My booking is W outbound and I inbound. Is this booked directly through CO or through travelocity? There is a big difference between 50 percent and 100 percent EQM's if anyone knows the answer.
Old May 18, 2005, 10:20 pm

I'm booked in I outbound and W inbound.

Does it matter who booked it? Aren't our fare classes pretty much set in stone now that the reservations are confirmed? (a little tounge-in-cheek for everyone. )
Old May 18, 2005, 10:27 pm

Programs: UA/CO 1P, AA Plat
I'm booked in I outbound and W inbound.

Does it matter who booked it? Aren't our fare classes pretty much set in stone now that the reservations are confirmed? (a little tounge-in-cheek for everyone. )
Does yours show up on continental.com? Mine still say ITIN not ticketed, but when I called in for my seats and to add my onepass number it was not a problem obviously.
Old May 18, 2005, 10:39 pm

I just found out about this website about a month ago. Its great! Looking for a little help. Whats a better seat in coach on the Continental 777??? The exit row or the bulk head?? Any insight would be appreciated! Also Travelocity rocks! Can't believe I'm headed to Madrid! I am planning on giving all my business to Travelocity in the future!
Old May 18, 2005, 10:40 pm

No, it doesn't show on CO.com. I called the hotline and asked my fare class. Also asked for seats. Got row 25 on the trans-atlantic sectors. Was really hoping for the priority seating.

The WorldPerks elite benefits state that we get access to "Select Seating" on CO. Don't know what that is...
Old May 18, 2005, 10:49 pm

Originally Posted by AndrewNewOrleans
I just found out about this website about a month ago. Its great! Looking for a little help. Whats a better seat in coach on the Continental 777??? The exit row or the bulk head?? Any insight would be appreciated! Also Travelocity rocks! Can't believe I'm headed to Madrid! I am planning on giving all my business to Travelocity in the future!
http://www.seatguru.com/

and to some extent: http://www.seatexpert.com/

Seat Guru is the better of the two, IMO. Enjoy!
Old May 18, 2005, 11:48 pm

Originally Posted by AndrewNewOrleans
I like the exit row 32 ABC or 32 JKL.

Here is a photo of that row. You can see how much more room the exits have next to the doors. Several extra feet of space.

It isn't CO, but is the same type of aircraft.

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/071597/M/
Old May 19, 2005, 4:42 am

Thumbs up

Tickets in Hand through Amex -

Got them last night (would've gotten them 2 nights ago if I'd been home for Fedex - strict "must get signature" on them - had to sign release and then they delivered them) - first 3 still coded as UX codeshare and last as straight Continental. Can assign seats through CO although still shows as not ticketed. I called and all is fine - it's a paper ticket thing.

Fares on ticket *much* higher than what was originally booked - however they have only charged me the $380 (for the two of us) or so on my credit card (they warned me it would be like that).

Way to go Amex travel/ Travelocity - I know where I'm going in the future.

Madrid nos vera' en Octubre.

Alec in PVD

For once it's just a matter of a quick drive up to Logan.

On a side note - Seatguru mentions that last seat (row 44) on the 777 is quiet and secluded (it's also 2 in the row instead of 3 which would be great for us) - not elite here so can't do exit row or anything. Wouldn't being so close to the lav be a nuisance, though?
Old May 19, 2005, 6:06 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by AlecM
Wouldn't being so close to the lav be a nuisance, though?
I guess that would depend on what is for dinner on-board

Congrats on the tickets!!

Last edited by mjcasta; May 19, 2005 at 6:15 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.