Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

(fare gone) Air Europa: BOS - MAD $115

(fare gone) Air Europa: BOS - MAD $115

Old May 11, 2005, 12:40 pm

Travelocity originally showed confirmed on all four legs of the trip. Went back in to re-check ticketing status and now the last leg EWR-BOS now shows unconfirmed. Called and they said it should be confirmed.

It seems that the BOS-EWR-BOS AirEuropa code-share flights do not match the actual times for the CO flights. Waiting to see if this gets cleaned up. Called CO and received their confirmation code for my three confirmed legs.
Old May 11, 2005, 12:40 pm

Talking

Just booked BOS - MAD 10/21-10/25. $186.75 X 3 people. Booked in Q class 100% EQM on CO. Great Deal !
Old May 11, 2005, 12:41 pm

Programs: UA PremEx, AA Gold, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
have fun everyone. still bookable!!! Wish I could pull the trigger but too much work in the fall and can't reach the wife.
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; AA Gold; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by viveque
1. I will book hotel and car rentals for the corresponding dates and what if the airline decides to cancel my booking in the last minute. I will lose money on hotel and car rental reservations.
Unless you use Priceline or some other prepaid service, you shouldn't lose any money on other travel services. So book refundable car and hotel reservations at least until you have tickets in hand. In this case, many of the travel dates are so far in advance that we all will know whether the tickets will be honored a long time before the date of our travels.
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PrivatePilot
You can probably skip the EWR-BOS on the return though.. as long as you don't have checked luggage.
As this is an int'l flight, even if you have checked luggage, you can skip the return EWR-BOS. Basically, when you deplane, you generally have to get your luggage, declare any items & they direct you to a re-check line - just skip the re-check line & walk out of the area at EWR - this shouldn't be a problem. I haven't done it before, but a friend did it on our way back from FCO through CLT on US.
Old May 11, 2005, 12:42 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Awesome!

Fiji for $51, Madrid for $115! What a great year this is turning out to be!!!

The wife and I are outbound Wed 10/5 and return Mon 10/10. As for dropping the last leg, it should be no problem, as you have to claim all luggage when going through customs at EWR. Not sure if this would affect the posting of miles, however.
Old May 11, 2005, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by travelcheap
Just booked BOS - MAD 10/21-10/25. $186.75 X 3 people. Booked in Q class 100% EQM on CO. Great Deal !
Q class Air Europa-operated earns 100% EQM on CO. It's unclear, IMO, what that will earn since it's CO-operated.
Old May 11, 2005, 12:43 pm

Programs: SPG Titanium, United Premier 1K
Originally Posted by bhatnasx
As this is an int'l flight, even if you have checked luggage, you can skip the return EWR-BOS. Basically, when you deplane, you generally have to get your luggage, declare any items & they direct you to a re-check line - just skip the re-check line & walk out of the area at EWR - this shouldn't be a problem. I haven't done it before, but a friend did it on our way back from FCO through CLT on US.
That's true.. forgot about the "have to collect all baggage and re-check-in" part... I usually get off at NYC so don't have to deal with that stuff...
Old May 11, 2005, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by BF263533
Called CO and received their confirmation code for my three confirmed legs.
Could you please pull up your res at co.com with your CO conf code and let us know what class the segments are booked in? It might give us an idea how these might post.

Programs: amex plat, delta, aa, united, starwood
Thumbs up Yahoo!!

Bos rt to Madrid
americanexpress travel
9/22 - 9/27 Air Europa (operated by Continental)
$393.45 TOTAL including taxes and delivery fee!!! - FOR 2 PEOPLE

Whiskarina

Programs: AA EXP, MR Gold
Gone??

Had it on Travelocity....

Changed some dates on the flexible dates menu... Now it doesn't come up.

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
Viveque,

First, welcome to FT. Not to be an ..., but such questions are best left to a thread separate from these actual deals.

But, to answer briefly, if you've saved enough on the airfare, then book canxable car rentals and hotels and you'll still be miles ahead, with minimum stress.
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by viveque
Hi everybody -

I see such low low fares sometimes come up including the United $1.86 fares. But I am afraid to book into these deals for these following reasons.

1. I will book hotel and car rentals for the corresponding dates and what if the airline decides to cancel my booking in the last minute. I will lose money on hotel and car rental reservations.

2. At what point can an airline cancel an individual booking. Can it cancel a booking after issuing a confirmation code thru E-ticket when it discovers that there was a online booking error. Or can it cancel a ticket after issuing a confirmed seat with a seat number ?? When does the airline take responsibility? I am mainly asking this question future as if some error makes an airline ticket to be $0.00 then I will happily book the ticket, but i need to make other plans also for travel .... I will appreciate any help in this regard ...

Dont have to answer this question ...

3. If the fare is as low as $0.00 (like on delta a few weeks back to Maine), the airline can cancel my booking at any time. I then have to deal with other issues. I would have already asked my Girl frnd to pack and prepare and how do i deal with her .... (Can i sue the airline for the emotional stress ?? )
1. Don't book non-cancellable hotels and cars.

2. After $$ has been collected by the airline and a ticket number has been issued, it's a done deal

3. No, see #2. If your girlfriend can't handle the go-go life, then it's time to either travel alone or seek other companionship.

Quit worrying about it and pull the trigger. You're not going to moan on your deathbed "I'm so happy I didn't go to BCN for $200 back in 2005!"

Welcome to FlyerTalk.
Old May 11, 2005, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; AA Gold; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
A friendly reminder to all:

Please don't call CO, Air Europa, Travelocity, or any other powers that be until the dust settles (i.e. we have paper tickets in hand).

Doing so may jeopardize the deal. We all will have plenty of time to deal with seat assignments and other issues in a couple of days. Okay?
Old May 11, 2005, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by nicknack
In a situation like this, can you first board in ewr and skip the bos to ewr connection, and same for the return trip??
If you skip the BOS-EWR segment...the rest of your itinerary is typically cancelled. I wouldn't suggest skipping it.

It is probably possible to skip the final EWR-BOS segment because you'll have to get your bags to clear customs...and you can simply not board the final leg.

-Chris

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.