Fare Mistakes

Old Apr 27, 05, 8:31 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Fare Mistakes

There was a story on NBC's Today Show this morning about fare mistakes that airlines make, in which it is possible for people to take advantage of mistakes that airlines post on the internet in fares before they correct the mistakes. They mentioned this website specifically on the show. Is this the forum to find those, or where on this website can they be found? If anyone has any more info on such "mistake" low fares, please email me at [email protected]
Old Apr 27, 05, 8:40 am

I was wondering also...

I saw the Today show also... I would like to know where these are posted and if anyone has found any lately. Please email me at [email protected]. Thanks!
Old Apr 27, 05, 8:42 am

Programs: HH Silver, SPG Gold, PC Plat, IC Royal Ambassador, UA 1K, Founder www.SeatExpert.com , CO Platinum
Yes, this is the one. For additional information, you might want to read the MileageRun Stickys listed on the top of this board.

Welcome to FlyerTalk.

Please visit SeatExpert.com International Airline seatmaps
Old Apr 27, 05, 8:47 am

Cheap and fare mistakes

Did you receive any websites to check out ?
Originally Posted by Casienja
I saw the Today show also... I would like to know where these are posted and if anyone has found any lately. Please email me at [email protected]. Thanks!
Did you receive any sites to check out for fare mistakes or cheap flights ? I've just been laid off and have a little time to travel.
thanks so much. scurry
Old Apr 27, 05, 8:51 am

Programs: BA, LH, BD
i doubt you will get much in the way of a fistful of cheap tickets, without first helping yourself - and looking through the threads.
use the search and learn.
Old Apr 27, 05, 8:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K, IC RA
Oh man, the floodgates have opened!
Old Apr 27, 05, 9:01 am

Welcome to FlyerTalk.

My suggestion is to read some of the posts at the top of the forum (called "stickies" because they are stuck at the top). These provide information regarding mileage runs, and serve as a good primer/introduction. Once you have read those, lurk around the forum for a while and read other posts.

If you stick around long enough (not just a few hours...), you will no doubt find some good deals. But remember, the best deals aren't just posted in a list somewhere for the taking - you have to find them. And that's where FT comes in... you can learn how to find them.

Good luck, and again, welcome to FT.
Old Apr 27, 05, 9:02 am

Originally Posted by magiciansampras
Oh man, the floodgates have opened!
This really is looking bad. How lazy does one get? e-mail me too if you see any free tix!
Old Apr 27, 05, 9:05 am

me too

if you are gonna email them might as well email me too...free tickets or free money...
Old Apr 27, 05, 9:06 am

Programs: AA ExPlat; Marriott Plat: Hilton Gold
Welcome ----

---to those of you who saw the show - as did I.

Please note the story was not the most accurate. It painted a picture of this website as being ONLY used for cheap airfare mistakes. They do occassioanlly pop up - maybe one or two a year - IF THAT. But that is NOT the primary purpose of the site or this individual board.

People on this board are trying to do Mileage Runs - in other words to get the CHEAPEST ticket - and the most miles. You may say what is the difference?

Well - if you are flying LAX to NYC - YOU may want to go nonstop at a cheap price. Here - many of us do NOT want to go nonstop. We may want to go LAX to Denver to Tampa to Dallas to Detroit to Atlanta to NYC - just to get the MAXIMUM number of miles. This does NOT appeal to the average traveler. Please keep that in mind.

The show mentioned nothing of the other attributes of this site - EXCEPT mistake fares - which are ONCE again - FEW and FAR BETWEEN.

Fellow FTer's - did I leave anything out?
Old Apr 27, 05, 9:09 am

Question

Originally Posted by scurry
Did you receive any websites to check out ?

Did you receive any sites to check out for fare mistakes or cheap flights ? I've just been laid off and have a little time to travel.
thanks so much. scurry

I am also interested in finding out about the fare mistakes or cheap flights?
Old Apr 27, 05, 9:13 am

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
Originally Posted by Kerronw
I am also interested in finding out about the fare mistakes or cheap flights?

Please please to all the newcomers

Read the stickies

Read the posts above

Contribute

Welcome
Old Apr 27, 05, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oy......
Old Apr 27, 05, 9:15 am

Programs: AA Platinum
The Flyertalk website is going to be flooded with people trying to get the mistake fares now. Like it has been said, these fares are rare and do not occur often. I just hope our website remains mostly informational for the frequent flyer community. Just fasten your seatbelts, the newbie questions are going to be rolling through.
Old Apr 27, 05, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As the OP's have been welcomed & their questions answered - and this thread isn't related to Mileage Running, I will be closing it.

bhatnasx
Mileage Run Moderator

Search this Thread
Search Engine: