FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-deals-372/)
-   -   Fare alert email website *NOW* up and running.... (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-deals/419236-fare-alert-email-website-now-up-running.html)

ScottC Apr 7, 2005 9:35 am

Fare alert email website *NOW* up and running....

Thankfully the list is back:

www.farealert.net

Submit a deal by clicking here

Read the FAQ's by clicking here

Jenbel Apr 7, 2005 9:54 am

Thanks Scott!

anonplz Apr 7, 2005 10:19 am

how do I subscribe my cell for alerts?

ScottC Apr 7, 2005 10:20 am

Originally Posted by anonplz
how do I subscribe my cell for alerts?

From the signup page:

You will have to click a confirmation link to ensure you are the true owner of the email address. Should you wish to subscribe to the list using a mobile device please use this sign up page and send an email to [email protected] with your mobile email address, please include your name and/or Flyertalk handle. We reserve the right to ask for additional information before enabling mobile users.

TrojanHorse Apr 7, 2005 11:46 am

can we add or change email addys?

Preferably, I'd like to add an email address so that I have two that get your alerts???

is this possible?

Originally Posted by ScottC
From the signup page:

You will have to click a confirmation link to ensure you are the true owner of the email address. Should you wish to subscribe to the list using a mobile device please use this sign up page and send an email to [email protected] with your mobile email address, please include your name and/or Flyertalk handle. We reserve the right to ask for additional information before enabling mobile users.

AlexisLe Apr 7, 2005 12:17 pm

[QUOTE=TrojanHorse]Preferably, I'd like to add an email address so that I have two that get your alerts???
is this possible?

I just signed up using three different email accounts, it's very simple! You will have to confirm each alert account from each individual email address.

Thank you, Scott -- this is awesome of you!

aisleorwindow Apr 7, 2005 12:24 pm

Thanks Scott

You da man! :)

L1011toHNL Apr 7, 2005 12:52 pm

Amen brother! ^

LIT 72207 Apr 7, 2005 1:03 pm

Subscription

Just subscribed. Thank you Scott!!!

masonuc Apr 7, 2005 2:49 pm

Can you provide the email address you will send from -- so I can make sure emails are not routed to junk mail?

EmailKid Apr 7, 2005 2:54 pm

Just a wild guess, but ...

probably from farealert.net domain @:-)

EmailKid

Edited to confirm that my confirmation email for the list came from farealert.net

EMK

mbreuer Apr 7, 2005 5:01 pm

Thank you - just signed up.

SAT Lawyer Apr 7, 2005 8:22 pm

Scott:

Can you remind us all the e-mail address to which we should send sizzling deals? The incredible LAX/SFO-NAN mistake of a few days ago would have been a perfect use of your very helpful service, IMHO.

Thanks, and keep up the good work.

Moderators:

Can we make this thread, or at least: (1) how to sign up for the fare alert list and; (2) the e-mail address to which we should send airfare deals a sticky at the top of Mileage Run to avoid repetive "how to" questions and to make it easy to find the e-mail notification address when something juicy pops up?

SAT Lawyer Apr 7, 2005 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by cAAl
Can you remind us all the e-mail address to which we should send sizzling deals?

To answer my own question :p , I found the e-mail address:

[email protected]

I encourage our resident MileageRun gurus to add this to their e-mail address book and spread the good word the next time a Fiji-esque deal rolls around.

bhatnasx Apr 7, 2005 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by cAAl
Moderators:

Can we make this thread, or at least: (1) how to sign up for the fare alert list and; (2) the e-mail address to which we should send airfare deals a sticky at the top of Mileage Run to avoid repetive "how to" questions and to make it easy to find the e-mail notification address when something juicy pops up?

Done.

ScottC, ^

bhatnasx
Mileage Run Moderator