Nagoya from $294 RT from Chicago and all United cities

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nagoya from $294 RT from Chicago and all United cities

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2005, 2:56 am

Programs: Concorde Mach 2 -UAMM- First to Fly A380/B787/B747-8i/FlyingHonu
I talked to a United agent over the phone, she confirmed to me that these K fares are not upgradable with SWUs on transpacific flights.
So if anything it will have to be Economy + for all of us 1Ks using this promotional fare.
I checked out V fares and they are way too high.

Originally Posted by Foady
You may want to double check this. From the Systemwide T&Cs:

Upgradeable Booking Classes fares: This upgrade may be used on United Business booking classes (C, D) and United Economy booking classes*(Y, B, E, M, U, H, Q, V, W, S, T, K, L) for travel in Region 1. This upgrade may be used on United Business booking classes (C, D) and United Economy booking classes fares (Y, B, E, M, U, H, Q, V, W) for travel in*Region 2.

Japan is in Region 2, and therefore the SFO-NGO-SFO flights in K booking class should not be upgradeable with a SWU.
Old Mar 16, 2005, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by mjcasta
Careful with the Nagoya Double Miles promo . . .

Advised from Mileage Plus as follows:

Thank you for contacting us.

In order to qualify for the "San Francisco to Nagoya Double Miles" promotion the ticket needs to be a roundtrip flight starting in San Francisco and returning to San Francisco. In order to receive the double miles you would need to book a separate ticket from XXXXX to San Francisco and back to XXXXX.
I confirmed with MP as well. From LAX-NGO via SFO is about $429. SFO to NGO is $414 and the tix between LAX and SFO is another $200. Since, I am not getting any additional status miles, I guess I'll save the $200 for a redeye to JFK later this year. I'll earn about the same amount of extra miles, but some of them will count toward status.

On a side note, Japan from all I can tell is safe all the time. If I am going to be there for a day, couldn't I just wander around, check back in a few hours before my flight and crash at the RCC (do they have one?) or another club? Don't they have sleeping cubes?

R

Last edited by Richard4009; Mar 16, 2005 at 2:10 pm
Old Mar 16, 2005, 2:18 pm

If there is no RCC I am sure we can get to use the ANA lounges at Nagoya airport. I do not think we can use them when we deplane but it would be worthwile to find out how many hours previous to take off time the check-in desks are open and just go kill time in the NH lounge.
I am sure there should be a website for Nagoya airport that has all the airport information in it. I confirm, Japan is quite safe, probably one of the world's safest countries these days (other than Singapore and MonteCarlo of course).

Originally Posted by Richard4009
On a side note, Japan from all I can tell is safe all the time. If I am going to be there for a day, couldn't I just wander around, check back in a few hours before my flight and crash at the RCC (do they have one?) or another club? Don't they have sleeping cubes?

R
Old Mar 16, 2005, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by GadgetFreak
Sorry, where are you seeing this? Im getting like 10 times that fare when I try it.
The fares are still available using the eFares link: http://www.itn.net/cgi/get?unpub_inq...,itn/air/efare , but not for departures after April 2nd. $414 all-in from SFO, a little more for taxes from other cities.

It's too bad they say you have to start in SFO to get the double miles - I was hoping it was like the HKG-Vietnam triple miles bonus, where those legs got the bonus even when it was part of another, longer trip.

Whatever. I'm still getting 11,606 EQM's and a short trip to Japan for $428, flying out of SBA.
Old Mar 16, 2005, 4:49 pm

I think I heard something about a new Nagoya airport, maybe I am imagining it. Anyway, if you got dinersclub you can get into this lounge. It opens at 7:30 AM. And closes at 7:30 PM, so you just need to be able to stay awake for 12 hours out in the big bad city of Nagoya!

BTW, I am going out there 4/2, arrive 4/3 and leaving 4/4. Anyone going to be there on 4/3?

R

Nagoya International Airport -- Nagoya, Japan

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lounge Name: Lounge Hishou
Lounge Location: International Departures Building, 2nd Floor

Hours Open: Daily: 7:30 am - 7:30 pm
Languages Spoken: Japanese
Entry Conditions: Cardmember must have boarding pass. Conditions of entry to any Diners Club Airport Lounge may change from time to time, subject to policies and procedures imposed by airport security.
Amenities Offered: Complimentary beverages.
Fees: DC Cardmembers with boarding pass plus up to two guests free; accompanying guests ¥1,050 per person.
Old Mar 17, 2005, 10:40 am

Programs: MP Platinum
Originally Posted by mjcasta
Careful with the Nagoya Double Miles promo . . .

Advised from Mileage Plus as follows:

Thank you for contacting us.

In order to qualify for the "San Francisco to Nagoya Double Miles" promotion the ticket needs to be a roundtrip flight starting in San Francisco and returning to San Francisco. In order to receive the double miles you would need to book a separate ticket from XXXXX to San Francisco and back to XXXXX.
I don't think this is the correct interpretation by the person you talked to.

I believe the way this works is your it most have SFO-NGO and NGO-SFO segments, and don't do a circle trip with full day stops in other cities (RT rule) but they are not saying you can ONLY start your trip in SFO. Heck, the flight starts in chicago. They sent me the email and I live in D.C.

"We want you to fly to NGO for double miles, but don't you dare fly United to get to SFO, fly JetBlue instead". Ubsurd.
Old Mar 17, 2005, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yogi
I don't think this is the correct interpretation by the person you talked to.

I believe the way this works is your it most have SFO-NGO and NGO-SFO segments, and don't do a circle trip with full day stops in other cities (RT rule) but they are not saying you can ONLY start your trip in SFO. Heck, the flight starts in chicago. They sent me the email and I live in D.C.

"We want you to fly to NGO for double miles, but don't you dare fly United to get to SFO, fly JetBlue instead". Ubsurd.
Absolutely correct. There is no way United would limit a promotion to passengers originating in SFO only. There isn't a big enough local market to warrant that kind of promotion.

What the promotion IS for, is that you will get double miles on the SFO-NGO portion only (which has been extended to TPE when that starts in April), and not the domestic segments that you would take to connect to the SFO-NGO flight.
Old Mar 17, 2005, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by UnitedSkies
Absolutely correct. There is no way United would limit a promotion to passengers originating in SFO only. There isn't a big enough local market to warrant that kind of promotion.

What the promotion IS for, is that you will get double miles on the SFO-NGO portion only (which has been extended to TPE when that starts in April), and not the domestic segments that you would take to connect to the SFO-NGO flight.
I hope you and Yogi and correct, if so, I thank UAL for another 11K miles (or so).

Many thanks!

Richard
Old Mar 17, 2005, 2:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
I found the fare from SFO. It seems like the JFK-NRT part is not available on the days I want in that fare class however. Im pricing it for those days at over a grand. It is the trascon that is apparently sold out in the lower fare class. I will try Newark and LGA. Thanks for all the tips people. I might just go to London again that weekend and try for Nagoya in May.
Old Mar 17, 2005, 3:17 pm

Programs: UA MM, Hilton, Marriott, Hyatt
Is this gone?

I've been trying off and on today to find a $294 fare (before taxes) from ORD to NGO. Is this gone? All I can find are the UA fares for $440 something.
Old Mar 18, 2005, 3:14 am

I am booked on the following flights:

UA 831 San Francisco - Nagoya April 1/11:55 am
UA 830 Nagoya - San Francisco April 3/3:35 pm

Is anybody else going to be on these flights?

Any idea how I can get the cheapest rates for a SFO airport hotel? I will have to stay overnight 31 march coming from Europe. Thanks in advance for any help/ideas you can provide.
Old Mar 18, 2005, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by janicerobertson
I've been trying off and on today to find a $294 fare (before taxes) from ORD to NGO. Is this gone? All I can find are the UA fares for $440 something.
I only see $344 base from ORD on UA and AA.
Old Mar 18, 2005, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by xeguy
I only see $344 base from ORD on UA and AA.
That's the current lowest price... the $294 was cancelled (which actually includes a $5 booking fee and $40 in fuel surcharge since the base was $249).
Old Mar 18, 2005, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by UnitedSkies
That's the current lowest price... the $294 was cancelled (which actually includes a $5 booking fee and $40 in fuel surcharge since the base was $249).
Bummer. Still a good deal though...must...decide....
Old Mar 18, 2005, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by xeguy
Bummer. Still a good deal though...must...decide....
I can't say I've ever seen such a great price to Japan... you a UA or AA flyer?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.