Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

UA East Coast MR

UA East Coast MR

Old Aug 7, 04, 1:45 pm
Original Poster

UA East Coast MR

I'm familiar with the many variations of West Coast and Intra-California MR's -- having done more than a few. Is there anything similar from IAD on the East Coast? For the record my knowledge of US routings is sparse at best.
Thanks for the help.
Old Aug 8, 04, 9:43 am

Programs: 1MM BIS. Former 18-year segment 1K, 1997-2014...now just a distant memory.
JerseyJoe: You don't state whether you are primarily looking for miles or segments, but if interested in an itinerary along the east coast, would seem you would be concentrating on segments? Also, would assume you could depart from IAD, DCA or BWI on United?

Anyway, my suggestion is that you log onto www.air-fare.com and see which cities UA might be offering a low fare to from the Washington, DC area. Then go onto itasoftware site and play around with multiple connection routings on those lower cost routes you have found (explanations of how to use the itasoftware site are given elsewhere).

I recently booked a 6-flight intinerary, RDU-PHL, that I located in this manner. Not a whole lot of miles, but getting six segments for $117 to me is a good MR (which is within another MR, COS-RDU). Any time I can average a UA segment for less than $20 I consider that a good run.
Old Aug 8, 04, 2:52 pm
Original Poster

Segments are what I am looking for. I'm familiar with the sites you mentioned from other posts and I'll see what I can find. Sometimes I'm limited to particular weekends rather than when the low fares are available. Yes, I can use any WAS area airport, I chose IAD because of the variety of destinations on UAX and I can get there with either a non-stop or two connection flight.
Old Aug 9, 04, 1:32 am

Look for Independence Air fare matches and then bounce using US/UA flights.

For example, IAD-LAN/IND at $69 one-way can be routed IAD-LGA-PHL-PIT-ORD-LAN/IND.
Old Aug 9, 04, 8:29 am

Programs: BA Gold, BMI Gold, LH Senator, Hyatt Diamond
Any good segment runs from LGA on US??
Old Aug 9, 04, 11:01 am

Programs: Bonvoy Amb; AA EXP
Originally Posted by worldbanker
Any good segment runs from LGA on US??
I looked into a couple of MR's from LGA ending up in FLL. I don't have the exact Itin, but it included LGA-PHL-CLT-FLL. The price was still pretty close to the $98 RT's offered. Don't remember what the required stay was though.

M
Old Aug 9, 04, 12:37 pm

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic, WN A List Preferred, Hyatt Globalest, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
IAD-BOS For $130 + Around The World/2500 Miles + US Fares

UA has a fare match to Indy Air for either BOS-IAD or IAD-BOS. Using the UA 5% off (see the UA FAQ thread) the ticket costs $130.80. Besides miles you receive credit in the Around The World promo as well as a 2,500 IAD UA offer. It is not a great cents per mile value, and again only two segments. But I find it is very doable without having to take full days off work, etc. Similarly right now US is publishing a 14 day adv purch BOS-DCA or vice versa $118+tax roundtrip. You can get at least 4 segments like BOS-PHL-DCA (3x Go Fare miles BOS-PHL). You can also do BOS>LGA>DCA or BOS>HPN>DCA. I have not tried to get 6 segments but I think I will try like BOS>LGA>PHL>DCA and see if it prices.
Old Aug 9, 04, 6:52 pm

UA has a fare of $98.00 RT (7 day advance purchase required) from WAS to FLL, which allows routing through ORD. DCA-ORD-FLL-ORD-DCA earns 3588 EQM for under $130.00 all inc.

If you want to qualify for the RTW promo, there is a no advance purchase fare of $118.00 (comes to $ 147.91 all in) for the same routing. This just barely qualifies, as the base fare is $101.40.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: