Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Split" Fares

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2004, 4:39 pm
Community Director Emerita

See May/June National Geographic Traveler

The May/June 2004 issue of National Geographic Traveler has come out with this article. Fred was named and his example opened the article; my Borneo example made it to the list of 5 shown and was the biggest savings.

Originally Posted by fredmartens
I recently booked a SEA-ORD-LHR-ORD-SEA on AA for $333.50, then tacked on an LHR-BCN-LHR (also on AA's site, but on BA/IB metal) for another $146. At the time, SEA-BCN-SEA on one ticket was running around $700.00 with the taxes.
Old May 11, 2004, 1:04 am

This sort of thing is extremely easy and commonplace now that there are so many low-cost carriers in Europe. Just look for the cheapest entry point, look at the cost of low-cost tickets to/from that point to another destination, and add them up. London is often the cheapest entry point, and Ryanair or EasyJet are often the cheapest low-cost carriers, but there are a million other possible combinations too. It also helps, obviously, if you have an interest in visiting the city that serves as your entry point.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.