Booking the cheap seats: A process of repeated punishment

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booking the cheap seats: A process of repeated punishment

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2003, 11:55 pm

Programs: All over the place now.
keithguy, thanks so much for the links to the class availability!! I always wondered how people knew the class availability. My mind always kind of glazes over when the posts start going into fare class, etc.

Also, when people start talking about "That's bookable in T." or "Well, those upgrades come from U..." I just kind of ignored it since I didn't know a way to find out which class was available w/o calling and asking. I could see them getting frustrated by the 10th flight I asked fare availability.

So, when I book a ticket on AS and there is no Gold Diamond indicating upgrade space for Golds, I always just guess and hope that I pick a flight with a lot of regular F seats so that I'll get bumped. Now, I'll be able to better my chances!

Anyway, thanks again!! I'm off to learn the AS fare classes.
Old Jan 17, 2003, 4:33 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
Think of the power we had with the old Eaasy Sabre on Prodigy back in 1992 or so. All the fares for a given day, fare charts for a given route etc. We have much less functionality now than we used to have back then. I still miss Eaasy Sabre and wonder why they didn't simply become a suscription product.
Old Jan 17, 2003, 7:32 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by RobertS975:
Think of the power we had with the old Eaasy Sabre on Prodigy back in 1992 or so. All the fares for a given day, fare charts for a given route etc. We have much less functionality now than we used to have back then. I still miss Eaasy Sabre and wonder why they didn't simply become a suscription product. </font>
Yeah, I loved Eaasy Sabre. I can remember using that on Prodigy, back in the day. Guess that shows my age...

Old Jan 21, 2003, 9:52 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond USAirways CP Hertz Pres Cir
If only alanw's Christmas Wish were real:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum35/HTML/004799.html

The US website sells you the cheapest fare available (regardless of booking code) -- no option to buy a higher-priced, upgradeable seat!!! I just learned this the hard way.

When I called and complained about the site a Chairman's Preferred agent, he just said, "You can't expect computers to do everything a human mind can do." Obviously he was forgetting that it was a human mind that put together the website!

Old Dec 6, 2003, 10:47 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by doglover:

I am trying expedia's fare calendar for the first time. Is this new or is this something I haven't seen before.

</font>
How do I find this? I checked all over the website and couldn't locate it.
Old Dec 6, 2003, 11:09 am
Val

Programs: AA Platinum, 2 Million Miles
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by doug 2205:
How do I find this? I checked all over the website and couldn't locate it.</font>
That's because they have removed the link

http://www.expedia.com/pub/agent.dll...1064367776692&

Combine Expedia with the route parser for a powerful combination to get the best fare/maximum miles:

http://www.mileagetools.com/routeparser.jsp

Edited to add RouteParser info

[This message has been edited by Val (edited Dec 06, 2003).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.