Community
Wiki Posts
Search

little ot....how many crewmembers work the ewr-hkk flight

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2003, 10:43 pm
Original Poster

little ot....how many crewmembers work the ewr-hkk flight

Hi all, CO has a 15 hour flight from ewr to hkk....Anyone know how many Flight attendants and pilots work this flight? The crew probably needs rest breaks, and there needs to be someone to fill in for them while they rest....15 hours is a LONG time...
Old Oct 3, 2003, 1:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
Hello, this question might be better suited for the CO forum. Perhaps a moderator could...
Old Oct 3, 2003, 7:24 am

Location: Homosassa, FL & Ringwood, NJ -UA-G(Lifetime); SPG-Plat (Lifetime)
4 seats in the last row of BusinessFirst are reserved for crew rest. They don't even show up on the seat map when selecting a seat.
Old Oct 3, 2003, 7:32 am

Location: Homosassa, FL & Ringwood, NJ -UA-G(Lifetime); SPG-Plat (Lifetime)
4 seats in the last row of BusinessFirst are reserved for crew rest. They do not even appear on the the seat map when selecting seats
Old Oct 3, 2003, 6:34 pm

To make this not-just-CO-related...

United does ORD-HKG, also 15 hours (which I happen to be taking in March... is this doable in E- btw??). How is the story here?
Old Oct 5, 2003, 6:41 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, AA LTP 2MM
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ec336:
To make this not-just-CO-related...

United does ORD-HKG, also 15 hours (which I happen to be taking in March... is this doable in E- btw??).
</font>
IMHO, NO. Having done that flight (UA895) several times, is just barely tolerable in C or F. And, at least when I was flying to HKG regularly several years ago, this was one of the highest load factor flights UA operated and all the cabins were often full to the gills, unless the flight was weight restricted.

Do whatever it takes to get upgraded!
Old Oct 5, 2003, 3:26 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by UAL_Rulez:
Do whatever it takes to get upgraded!</font>
Can't do it. :-( I bought this through United Vacations, so I get MP miles credit, but the flights are non-upgradeable. Maybe a double dosage of sleeping pills will be in order...
Old Oct 6, 2003, 6:20 pm

Programs: AA PLT->GLD|HH Gold|SPG PLT->GOLD|HGP Gold|MR Silver
Okay, since this is no longer just CO, but it still has absolutely nothing to do with a Mileage Run, and it seems to have run it's course, I'm going to close it. Feel free to start a new thread specific to the airline you're interested in at the appropriate airline forum. Thanks!

Dave, a.k.a. dmfriedman
Moderator, Mileage run
Old Jun 23, 2015, 6:45 am

Programs: AF Plat a vie, EK Gold, SQ PPS
I can't specifically answer your question but I can say they are a posse who have bidded and travelled together for a long time. There are also a couple young, token FAs who got the bid for the flt because of their language skills and are usually ignored by all the others working the flight. I hate to sound so cynical but I got so frustrated by them on a flt once.
Old Jun 23, 2015, 6:48 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Is there some thread cross-pollination here?.....
Old Jun 23, 2015, 7:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Catusa
I can't specifically answer your question
Well, the question is 12 years old, and the OP hasn't logged in since 2006...
Old Jun 23, 2015, 8:12 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by dmfriedman
Okay, since this is no longer just CO, but it still has absolutely nothing to do with a Mileage Run, and it seems to have run it's course, I'm going to close it. Feel free to start a new thread specific to the airline you're interested in at the appropriate airline forum. Thanks!

Dave, a.k.a. dmfriedman
Moderator, Mileage run
Ditto. I don't know if the thread lock never happened or if this 12 year old thread became unlocked, but I'm returning it to the archives again. It is not a MR deal.

Pat89339
Moderator, Mileage Run Forum

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.