Where to go between SFO-ORD?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2002, 6:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Canadi>n Plus: President's Club (expired)

I plan on making an SFO-ORD-SFO trip on UA to see some friends and a concert in Chitown over the MLK Day weekend. Okay, I know it's bloody cold out there but... how can I route my trip to maximize miles in a cost efficient way? (I can use OAK or SJC instead of SFO.)

Thanks much in advance.
Old Dec 25, 2002, 8:46 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Explorist, UA 1MM
Try heading south to LAX or SAN and catch the red-eye to ORD.
Old Dec 26, 2002, 2:16 am

It depends on how wierd you want to get. Try SFO-DFW-ORD-DFW-SFO, or SFO-BOS-ORD-BOS-SFO, or any other variant. Try downloading the AA database and search alternatives to your heart's content.
Old Dec 26, 2002, 4:24 am
Used to be Sydneysider

Programs: AS MVP/Gold (and 75K aspirant)
I also use the following tool:

Go to Expedia and put in your itinerary. Choose your flights, and on one of the pages before you have to pay (the flight summary page, I believe) about halfway down down there is a link to the "Rules and Restrictions" for that particular fare basis.

At the bottom of the Rules and Restrictions page it will show all legal routings. Very helpful for creative runs!

[This message has been edited by ender83 (edited 12-26-2002).]
Old Dec 26, 2002, 4:58 pm

For those who have "all day" to fly try
SFO (opt SBA stop in between)-LAX-SEA-DEN-MSP-ORD remembering that unless you have one of the Travelocity "specials" that have no transfer restrictions you can only have a max of 5 segments (4 transfers) each way. There are many variations on this routing using MKE, DFW (as previously mentioned) STL, PDX.

------------------
JerseyJoe

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.