FedEX from trip.com has arrived

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FedEX from trip.com has arrived

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2002, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
fly co to see the yanks

I'll admit there're alot of posts regarding this BA deal and I suppose it'd be nice if they were all consolidated but then again, it takes mere seconds to scan over the newer topics and see what interests you and what doesn't.

If this particular topic is so annoying to you, why not just ignore it and find something that's more to your interests? In the meantime, have a beer or two and, as they say in NY, "fageddaboudit!"

Edited to try and spell "fuhgeddabout it!"

[This message has been edited by Seat 2A (edited 12-04-2002).]
Old Dec 4, 2002, 4:50 pm
In memoriam

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Starwood Platinum, a nothing in several others
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by gfowler-ord-1k:
3 out of 4 of mine arrived a few minutes ago.Still waiting for the 4th one... </font>
4th ticket arrived today (Wed 4 Dec.). I had not used trip.com before for booking but after this I probably will in the future. Their engine seems to price multisegment mileage runs better that others (e.g ual.com)

------------------
gfowler-ord-1k
Living in SIN
Old Dec 4, 2002, 5:35 pm

Programs: United 1K 2MM / Marriott LTP
Two tickets confirmed at 10:43 PM PST for SFO-LHR-CDG-LHR-SFO arrived today for both passengers on the PNR.
Old Dec 4, 2002, 9:17 pm

Programs: AA Life time Platinum, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
I got my ticket from trip.com yesterday. But the one I booked via cheapairlines.com has been cancelled even after being assigned seat numbers on BA. Well, atleast I got a ticket and I am happy about it.

Thanks Altaflyer.
Old Dec 5, 2002, 7:11 am
Suspended

bump
Old Dec 5, 2002, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My tickets arrived via USPS-Express Mail this morning. I had called Trip.com and they gave me a tracking number to check online for the last couple of days. My only concern is that the credit card charge has not appeared yet--I do want them to get paid!

[This message has been edited by ChaseTheMiles (edited 12-05-2002).]
Old Dec 9, 2002, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
I received 10 tickets by Fedex last week and 6 of them were in a same Fedex envelope ($100 savings in Fedex fees).

Do you think that we will eventually get billed for these tickets? They still haven't charged my American Express.
Old Dec 9, 2002, 9:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
AmEx shows all my charges - have patience
Old Dec 9, 2002, 11:42 am

Do you think that we will eventually get billed for these tickets? They still haven't charged my American Express.[/B][/QUOTE]

It took about 48 hours for the charges to appear on my AmEx. Check that your AmEx number and correct expiration date appears on the tickets. If they do, you will be charged.
Old Dec 9, 2002, 1:46 pm
Suspended

i was hoping some of these $20 BA threads would come back to the top of the list. i didn't want to have to bump them.
Old Dec 9, 2002, 6:18 pm

mine came and it did take almost 72 hours for my credit card to be billed. i too am glad to see this tread back to the top.
Old Dec 9, 2002, 7:12 pm

Programs: HH Silver, SPG Gold, PC Plat, IC Royal Ambassador, UA 1K, Founder www.SeatExpert.com , CO Platinum
Now that most of us have our tickets, what is the best strategy to deposit your miles? I was able to get tickets for my family of 3 for SFO-BCN for Christmas, and SFO-FCO in March.

Keeping in mind that the trans-Atlantic portion cannot earn miles on AA; and assuming that earning miles are allowed on this fare, that options I am considering are:

- America West, was told that T fare on BA are eligible for HP accural, but no elite bonus. Although the cheerful CSR volunteered that I can earn 10K bonus for trips completed by 1/31/03. For the three of us, about 25K base miles plus 10K bonus, 35K each for the two trips. Since my wife and I are HP Platinum, and my son is HP Gold, it would be pretty easy to add to our existing miles for F tickets.

- British Airways itself. We are not EC member. Including 10% WT+ class of service bonus, around 29K miles per person, total of 87K miles in a family account. We are unlikely to fly BA again before next year. Perhaps one BA Club World Biz ticket to Europe, or CX Biz to Asia.

- Qantas. Not a current member, and couldn't find any bonus incentive to join their program.

Ideas for other options?

Edited to add redemption options for BA.

[This message has been edited by Jet2K (edited 12-10-2002).]
Old Dec 9, 2002, 7:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jet2K:
- America West, was told that T fare on BA are eligible for HP accural, but no elite bonus. Although the cheerful CSR volunteered that I can earn 10K bonus for trips completed by 1/31/03. For the three of us, about 25K base miles plus 10K bonus, 35K each for the two trips. Since my wife and I are HP Platinum, and my son is HP Gold, it would be pretty easy to add to our existing miles for F tickets.

Please check the HP website- last I looked this were elite qualifying miles
Old Dec 9, 2002, 8:31 pm

Programs: HH Silver, SPG Gold, PC Plat, IC Royal Ambassador, UA 1K, Founder www.SeatExpert.com , CO Platinum
AmericaWest web site indicated that only WW and TW class of service for WT+ earns Elite qualifying miles. I believe our tickets are either TLXSALE8 or TLWSALE8 class of service courtesy of Pacha.

My original statement is regarding earning elite BONUS miles, which I was told would not. Although I am curious whether there are partner airlines that would award HP elite bonus miles in addition to the base miles according to my status on HP?

Edited for spelling.

[quote]<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jan_az:
Originally posted by Jet2K:

Please check the HP website- last I looked this were elite qualifying miles
</font>

[This message has been edited by Jet2K (edited 12-09-2002).]
Old Dec 9, 2002, 10:17 pm

Programs: OnePass
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by fly co to see the yanks:
i was hoping some of these $20 BA threads would come back to the top of the list. i didn't want to have to bump them. </font>
never mind...

[This message has been edited by anthonyanthony (edited 12-09-2002).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.