Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Y" Fare Run on NWA

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2002, 8:15 am
Original Poster

"Y" Fare Run on NWA

I need to take a "Y" r/t fare by 12/14 to qualify for elite status on NWA. Any suggestions on how to find the lowest priced y r/t fare out of ORD, MDW or SBN?

I tried NW ticketing agents, and they were no help, and searching NW's web-site is taking forever.

Maybe there is a web-site that will let you plug in your outbound city and search for the lowest priced y fare without initially designating a destination?

Thanks
Old Dec 13, 2002, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does NW fly from MDW?

How many miles do you need? Why a Y? If it is a promotion, then you might be able to do with a B or M which are less expensive.

Do you want to do domestic or international? Need more info on your goals.

In general, though, good bets are routes that Southwest or AirTran flies.

Las Vegas is always a good possibility as LAS does not usually require a minimum stay and fares tend to be cheap.

Travelocity has a good option -- Dream Maps that you might find helpful. You can plug your city in and a maximum fare and it will show you all the cities you can go to under that fare. But these will likely be highly restricted fares, not Y fares.

Old Dec 13, 2002, 9:54 am

You're probably looking at an $800 fare no matter where you go.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.