Wiki Posts
Search

Need 1800 miles on NW out of SEA

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2002, 11:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: US CP, NW Plt, HH Dia, SPG Plt, Mar Slv, Hertz Prez
Need 1800 miles on NW out of SEA

Anyone have any good ideas for routes to get the needed miles. Can use Alaska, Continental, or NorthWest. I guess other NW partners would work also.

Thanks

PS - usually can only fly Friday through Sun, but I do have more time off during the week of and after Christmas.
Old Dec 11, 2002, 12:17 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by gkits:
Anyone have any good ideas for routes to get the needed miles. Can use Alaska, Continental, or NorthWest. I guess other NW partners would work also.
</font>
Two roundtrips this coming Saturday on AS should do the trick. Part of this weekend's AS Web Specials is a $59+tax SEA-CLM, which can be done as a same-day return on Saturday:

AS2084 SEA 9:56am CLM 10:31am
AS2061 CLM 10:51am SEA 11:29am

AS2132 SEA 12:55pm CLM 1:35 pm
AS2229 CLM 1:55pm SEA 2:30 pm

Each ticket is $77.50 with tax - this will net you 2000 miles for $155 and just over four hours of your time.

Mike
Old Dec 11, 2002, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
You've already gotten a good response.

However, in general, your best bet would be to post this question in the Mileage Run forum. Folks there are really attuned to answering this kind of question.

And following the old "if you teach a man to fish" addage, let me suggest...

For low fares..
Digital City's Seattle Airfare Deals
Travelocity's Dream Maps for Seattle
SmarterLiving's Seattle Air Deals

See also:
The Mileage Run Primer
The Great Circle Mapper for calculating distances
Ben Edelman's Galileo Interface for searching fare class availability
Biddingfortravel.com in case you need a hotel while overnighting during your Mileage Run

------------------
More Room Throughout Coach: the Website of Free Miles and Free Markets
Old Dec 11, 2002, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Oh, and Welcome to Flyertalk!
Old Dec 11, 2002, 1:41 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by gleff:
You've already gotten a good response.

However, in general, your best bet would be to post this question in the Mileage Run forum. Folks there are really attuned to answering this kind of question.
</font>
Heh - silly me. For some reason, I thought I *was* posting to Mileage Run, too.

Mike

Old Dec 11, 2002, 3:48 pm
Moderator: Avianca, Travel Photography, Travel Technology & USA

Programs: Emeritus VIP Fromins Deli Encino grandfathered successor program - UA MM & HH Diamond
Mileage run is a much better home for this, I agree.

------------------
Craig6z
Buzz & United Moderator
[email protected]
Old Dec 11, 2002, 4:53 pm

Programs: NW Plat (now they call it DL Diamond) 1MM, soon to be DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Dusit Gold
This kind of a rehash of old posts, but rather than search for the posts, I'll post the suggestion.

If you can find a cheap fare from Bellingham on Horizon to anywhere connecting, of course, thru SEA, you get your 2000 miles for the 4 segments. Flight numbers must be different
The web specials, to cities such as PSC, EUG, MED, North Bend, Pendleton connecting thru PDX give you the same result. The whole idea is to get four 500 minimum mile segments on AS/Horizon credited to your WorldPerks account. With luck, you can get the miles for less than $100, including lunch and parking with one out and back connection.

Otherwise find a Florida fare and do it for about $250 and two travel days on NW or CO.

Good luck.
Old Dec 11, 2002, 5:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US CP, NW Plt, HH Dia, SPG Plt, Mar Slv, Hertz Prez
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by nako:
Heh - silly me. For some reason, I thought I *was* posting to Mileage Run, too.

Mike

</font>
No, Seriously, the string on my PC says I am in the Mileage Run Forum. Nako, do you think the others are accessing this message in a different way?

Thanks for all the great suggestions, let me go shopping for a fare now.

Greg
Old Dec 11, 2002, 10:31 pm
In Memoriam

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by gkits:
No, Seriously, the string on my PC says I am in the Mileage Run Forum. Nako, do you think the others are accessing this message in a different way?

Thanks for all the great suggestions, let me go shopping for a fare now.

Greg
</font>
This message was originally posted in MilesBuzz, closed there, and moved here. Would that explain the confusion?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.