Reload this Page >

THANK YOU Altaflyer!

THANK YOU Altaflyer!

Old Nov 30, 2002, 8:44 am

Let me add my thanks Altaflyer...

Your a real star!
Old Nov 30, 2002, 10:44 am
Original Member

Location: The shape-shifting urban sprawl that is El Lay. FT member #71.
Programs: UA Gold & MM; DL & AA credit card dirt status; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Fool's Gold
All hail the mighty Altaflyer.
Old Nov 30, 2002, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
WOW! When I logged off yesterday I thought that only a few people were able to snag these - boy was I wrong!! Awesome that so many were able to take advantage and I sincerely hope you all have great trips and that all goes well. While I did not take advantage myself I would hope that some folks will report back on their experiences! Happy travels to all!

[This message has been edited by Altaflyer (edited 11-30-2002).]
Old Nov 30, 2002, 11:18 am

Thanks Altaflyer! I was struggling with my parents incredibly slow internet connection on a 15 year old Mac, but I saw your post just in time. Bought tickets for 9 family members SFO to Rome. This is a dream trip for them. Much thanks!
Old Nov 30, 2002, 11:35 am

My wife say "thank you" We are going for dinner in Madrid for valintine day.
Old Nov 30, 2002, 1:07 pm
pdb

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Altaflyer:
WOW! When I logged off yesterday I thought that only a few people were able to snag these - boy was I wrong!! Awesome that so many were able to take advantage and I sincerely hope you all have great trips and that all goes well. While I did not take advantage myself I would hope that some folks will report back on their experiences! Happy travels to all!

</font>
Altaflyer, I would like to add my thanks and appreciation. How did you come across this?

[This message has been edited by pdb (edited 11-30-2002).]
Old Nov 30, 2002, 6:30 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Altaflyer:

</font>

Wow! I'm surprised you didn't buy any yourself? Why not? I also am curious as to how you jumped across this?

Also, a word of advice - make sure the airlines never find out your real name :-)
Old Nov 30, 2002, 8:48 pm

Programs: All over the place now.
Add my Thanks... Thank you so much!

I bought myself and a sick friend tickets to Vienna. Then I bought my dad and his wife tickets to Rome.
Old Nov 30, 2002, 9:31 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Pudding Guy:
Thanks Altaflyer! I was struggling with my parents incredibly slow internet connection on a 15 year old Mac, but I saw your post just in time. Bought tickets for 9 family members SFO to Rome. This is a dream trip for them. Much thanks!</font>
I guess there is a point where $20 tickets are more cost-effective than using pudding miles.

Mike
Old Dec 1, 2002, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I was looking at SEA fares and stumbled across this fare!! Did a dummy booking, it priced (to ensure it was not a phantom fare) and then posted it.

I did not buy one as its a 14 hour drive to SEA but now that its in WT Plus I sorta wish I had bought a ticket - oh well.

As far as airlines finding out who I am - go for it - I have nothing to worry about legally - I just posted a published fare on flyertalk! Now, practically speaking, I won't be calling up BA to let them in on my identity

As an aside and in retrospect I wonder if BA would have offered any "gifts" to let them in on the secret before they sold 4000 tickets!
Old Dec 1, 2002, 2:14 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Hertz 5 star, Priceline Hotel bidder. AA PLT, 1MM.
A big thank you for posting this fare. Although I wasn't able to take advantage of it due to being on a flight from New Zealand to Los Angeles when the sale took place, I am thankful to you for all of the other FTers that snagged this bargain. Oh well, there is next time. Again, thank you Altaflyer!
Old Dec 1, 2002, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott Contributor Badge

As far as airlines finding out who I am - go for it - I have nothing to worry about legally - I just posted a published fare on flyertalk! Now, practically speaking, I won't be calling up BA to let them in on my identity

As an aside and in retrospect I wonder if BA would have offered any "gifts" to let them in on the secret before they sold 4000 tickets!
</font>
Altaflyer, I think you will be contacted by e-mails soon by the media. I remember when I found that $0 rate at Mexico City Hilton, there was also a rush towards booking at that hotel. In my opinion, that discovery was no way near the 'size' of your find yet it was a Buzz at that time and I was contacted by the Wall Street Journal. Maybe because it was arguably the first major glitch that we found since the existence of Flyertalk. Of course, since then, there have been several others leading up to this one by BA.
Old Dec 1, 2002, 2:51 pm

</font>

Probably not. The times where I've seen mistakes and they weren't as big - 14,000 miles RTW and 25,000 miles to India/Africa, I called the airlines and asked them to honor it. I also told them they should be rewarding me for TELLING THEM rather than telling others. They really didn't care altough in the end they did honor the mistakes, they did take their time (a few hours) in correcting it. (This was all before I knew about Flyertalk)

However my advice - If BA really wants to try to get some of the seats back, they should offer something like "Yeah, it was a mistake and we'll honor it but if anyone wants to cancel, we will refund you your money but please do so by **/** date. Also since this was a mistake and we are honoring it, any date changes will result in a repricing of the ticket." I believe United did that for the $100 tickets they sold to India. Some people who actually bought a lot of tickets realised they or their family weren't gonna go every month and actually cancelled some.

[This message has been edited by arawal (edited 12-01-2002).]

[This message has been edited by arawal (edited 12-01-2002).]
Old Dec 1, 2002, 3:11 pm

Location: California, AA EXP,HH Gold,Hyatt Diamond, *wood PLT, Amex PLT,
Just wanted to let u know that as a result of your find, a group of young people from varied walks of life (who otherwise never would have gotten to Rome) are all going around still pinching themselves to make sure they are not dreaming. They were high school/college friends many bonded together by their common alliance for gay and minority rights. All but one of them (trip.com casualty) are going to fly out of LAX to Rome in February and they are each putting in xx dollars to buy a ticket for the one who didn't get his. So thank you Altaflyer for bringing a lot of sunshine into these kids lives!
kelly786
Not to mention mine too!
Old Dec 1, 2002, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ChaseTheMiles:

TO all who wish to thank Altaflyer for this fantastic deal, why don't we chip in to buy Altaflyer a ticket?
</font>
Yeah, they only cost $1600

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.