Wiki Posts
Search

Trip.Com Backing out on BA fares!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2002, 6:56 am
Original Poster

Location: California, AA EXP,HH Gold,Hyatt Diamond, *wood PLT, Amex PLT,
Trip.Com Backing out on BA fares!

Just got an email from trip.com asking me to call them regarding my reserved/confirmed seats from LAX-ROM. When I called, CSR told me British Air was not going to honor this fare and that the seats were not confirmed. She also informed me that all those who showed up to the airport would not be allowed to board the plane unless they paid the regular fare of 2000+++ ( I didn't really focus on the number).
I told her that I had an email from BAir with confirmed seats etc and she asked me to have a 3-way conversation with British Air which at this point I declined...Sooo I don't know what the status of all these reservations is going to be..I have 25 family and friends booked on this trip!
Oh and my charge card has not been charged for anything yet-Neither Expedia nor trip.com
Let's keep each other posted on the developments on this
kelly786
Old Nov 30, 2002, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Pardon the duplication, but I just posted this on the Air Canada forum and under the initial thread here, but...

Received the following email from TRAVELOCITY this morning:

Thank you for booking your travel reservations with Travelocity.com.

We are unable to complete the processing of the reservation you
made on our system, until we can obtain some additional information from you.

We are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Please call us at 888-709-5983 and give the agent your 12 digit Trip ID 748568807470.

Your reservation has not been ticketed, so please remember that no fare is guaranteed until it is ticketed.

Thank you,

Travelocity.com

The agent I spoke with said that because this was not an American address and credit card, it needed verification and thus the ticket was not issued last night. As the ticket was not issued, the fare cannot be honoured, and the best fare now available is about US$600.

I guess I will have to settle taking my friend for a nice dinner on the Danforth instead of Athens.

Curious to find out how EXPEDIA handles this.
Old Nov 30, 2002, 7:53 am

Within 2 hours after booking the fare I recieved an e-mail from Expedia that included my FedEx tracking #. I called Expedia and they confirmed that I was already ticketed. They had my ticket numbers.

I called BA this am, I asked the agent if they were going to honor the fare. After being placed on hold for 5 minutes the agent returned and said that BA would honor the fare and for me to enjoy my trip. I will indeed!!!

[This message has been edited by dfwbob (edited 11-30-2002).]
Old Nov 30, 2002, 7:54 am

Programs: UA 1PMM,AAG; usedtobeelite
Did those of you getting notice that the tix won't be honored actually have copies of confirming notices with ticket numbers?
Old Nov 30, 2002, 7:56 am
Original Poster

Location: California, AA EXP,HH Gold,Hyatt Diamond, *wood PLT, Amex PLT,
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by dfwbob:
Within 2 hours after booking the fare I recieved an e-mail from Expedia that included my FedEx tracking #. I called Expedia and they confirmed that I was already ticketed. They had my ticket numbers.

I called BA this am, I asked the agent if they were going to honor the fare. After being placed on hold for 5 minutes the agent returned and said that BA would honor the fare and for me to enjoy my trip. I will indeed!!!

[This message has been edited by dfwbob (edited 11-30-2002).]
</font>
What number did you call for British Airways-?? They have quite a few
Thanks
kelly786

Old Nov 30, 2002, 7:58 am

Programs: airline independent; HHonors Diamond/Marriott Titanium
I called BA last night and I was confirmed through BA .. the number was 1-800-247-9297

Let me know what happens
Old Nov 30, 2002, 7:59 am

My credit card was authorized right away, by Expedia.ca

Shareholder, I couldn't get one initially with Orbitz or Expedia.com because they could not verify my Canadian address. So I went to Expedia.CA and it worked... or at least, they confirmed it with a charge sent to my credit card.
Old Nov 30, 2002, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Remember, this appears to be related to the inability of US-based web sites -- i.e. those ending in ".com" -- processing Canadian-based credit cards and addresses. Those in the US, or using US-issued credit cards with Canadian addresses should be alright. Those in Canada who booked on the ".ca" versions of these same web sites should also be okay.

I think it was dumb luck that EXPEDIA.CA was loaded with these fares, since that is not always the case. Some of us faced the same problem with that LH fare earlier in the year ex-DEN. It was not a match for a BA fare, but a similar mis-load into some res systems.

To all who benefited, enjoy your trip(s). I bear no emnity, nothing ventured/nothing gained. But do continue to post your experiences here though the day.
Old Nov 30, 2002, 8:12 am

I used a Canadian CC on trip.com... just got off the phone with a rep and she said all four itineraries I created have been ticketed. My CC was docked immediately after purchase.
Old Nov 30, 2002, 8:14 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Shareholder:
I think it was dumb luck that EXPEDIA.CA was loaded with these fares, since that is not always the case. Some of us faced the same problem with that LH fare earlier in the year ex-DEN. It was not a match for a BA fare, but a similar mis-load into some res systems.</font>
Not dumb luck. These $20 US BA fares were loaded into Apollo, Sabre, Worldspan and others. It was a published fare. You would have found it on expedia.com, expedia.ca, expedia.co.uk, or your local travel agent.

The DEN-FRA fare was not a published fare, only loaded into Orbitz - Expedia also had access to those fares.
Old Nov 30, 2002, 8:20 am

I was confirmed thru BA as well...got my FedEx tracking #'s, seat assignments and record locators. Called BA to make sure and they told me to enjoy my trip as well...and that it was a mistake but they would indeed honor it.... BTW..I booked on Expedia.

[This message has been edited by IM4Travel (edited 11-30-2002).]
Old Nov 30, 2002, 8:34 am

Any word on if trip.com is honoring these? I'm on hold with them now about the email they sent me.

I also bought a ticket on expedia and that has been ticketed. I asked for an e-ticket, but is there anyway to go to a British Air office or the airport and pick up paper ones?
Old Nov 30, 2002, 8:38 am

To answer my own question, I just spoke with Trip.com regarding the "more information" email they sent me. Any booking that resulted in one of these emails will not be honored. The fare was pulled before the ticket was ticketed.

The good news is any tickets that resulted in a confirmation email will be honored. So 2 of my 3 booked through trip.com are real trips (I miss out on HEL, but got FCO and MAD).
Old Nov 30, 2002, 8:47 am

Cool to hear the confirmed reservations are going to be honored.. I'm so happy I got a JFK-CAI on trip.com..

So far, I have 3 trips and BA has confirmed all my bookings.
Old Nov 30, 2002, 8:51 am

Programs: AA PLT UA GLD
i just got off the phone with trip.com regarding the 4 reservations I made last night. Believe it or not, the reservation I made first was not ticketed, while the next 3 I made were ticketed. Any ideas on how to get a ticket issued on the originally quoted fare, whether by trip.com, or by BA?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.