Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MR from DTW

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2002, 7:31 pm
Original Poster

MR from DTW

I am a newbie in this topic and need some help on where to start on for an MR on NW from DTW.

Mrs. Bear will just have enough miles this year (50,200)to earn Gold status on NW this year.

I am tired of riding in the rear while she enjoys First Class with her upgrades. I know that I would be eligible for an upgrade with her as Gold, but I do travel mostly by myself.

Any suggestions on what I can do to get 13,000 before the end of the year on NW?
Old Nov 21, 2002, 8:17 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by RowBear:
Any suggestions on what I can do to get 13,000 before the end of the year on NW?</font>
For that you're gonna have to do a weekend run to NRT, but get it in before 12/15 coz thats when the fares skyrocket! Possible routings through MSP and SEA or SFO to get extra miles. Check Dream Maps on yahoo travel for some ideas.

Old Nov 22, 2002, 8:34 am

Programs: MSP raised, Elite since age 17
2 round trips to Oakland would work, too:

Book through CO and route on CO/NW DTW -- EWR -- IAH -- OAK.

Fares are in the neighborhood of $200 round trip.

Good luck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.