Search

EWR - SLC WE14NQ3 $120

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2001, 6:58 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
EWR - SLC WE14NQ3 $120

Not as exciting as SFO-CDG but does give around $0.03 per status mile.

Fare is WE14NQ3.
Old Feb 5, 2001, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Nice fare. Thats a lot of miles for $120!
Old Feb 5, 2001, 12:33 pm
EPS

Programs: UA 1P; HHonors Silver
Having been to both Newark and Salt Lake City in the past few weeks, I've got to disagree about the "not as exciting part." Paris and San Francisco are "world-class" cities. Salt Lake City is beautiful, people are nice, prices are reasonable, the food is OK. Great airport, too. Newark has, well, nothing much going for it. This one's easy, kids. Get the ---- out of New Jersey!

Need Hilton stays? The Hilton Salt Lake City Airport has a $59 "Park Sleep Fly Weekend" rate, for Friday-Sunday arrivals; Monday-Thursday is only $10 more.
Old Feb 5, 2001, 1:11 pm

On which airline and dates is this fare available? I tried CO and got $469-$750!
Thanks.
Old Feb 5, 2001, 2:15 pm

One of the nice things about this deal is it helped me lower an upcoming flight from OAK-NYC...

Kept trying to find reasonable fares on UAL, but the lowest I could find in April was $600!

When I changed it to OAK-LAX-SLC-DEN-EWR-DEN-SLC-LAX-OAK, the fare came down to a reasonable $343 with taxes...

Not exactly the most direct route, but why would I want that anyway?

KevinB
Old Feb 5, 2001, 4:08 pm

Thanks for posting this Seawolf. It is great bang for the buck.
Old Feb 5, 2001, 9:33 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Originally posted by writetorich:
On which airline and dates is this fare available? I tried CO and got $469-$750!
Thanks.
My apologies. It is on UA. I booked one for a May weekend. Travelling on the 777 to DEN and then the Shuttle to SLC.

The good thing about being a 1K is that I had a $79 LGA-DFW ticket for April 7 which was made back in early January.

I had forgotten about the exact dates I was going to do this run when I booked my HKG mileage run/vacation. It turns out I'll be in HKG on the weekend of the 7th.

I was expecting the $79 ticket to be sunk cost. As luck would have it, this fare came out. I called the 1K desk and they were nice enough to apply the $79 (LGA-DFW) ticket on to this $143 (EWR-SLC) ticket without the nasty change fee.
Old Feb 5, 2001, 9:36 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Originally posted by EPS:
Having been to both Newark and Salt Lake City in the past few weeks, I've got to disagree about the "not as exciting part." Paris and San Francisco are "world-class" cities. Salt Lake City is beautiful, people are nice, prices are reasonable, the food is OK. Great airport, too. Newark has, well, nothing much going for it. This one's easy, kids. Get the ---- out of New Jersey!

Need Hilton stays? The Hilton Salt Lake City Airport has a $59 "Park Sleep Fly Weekend" rate, for Friday-Sunday arrivals; Monday-Thursday is only $10 more.
Thanks for the tip on the Hilton. As for "not as exciting" I wasn't really referring to the cities than much. In reality, I was referring to the price/mile ratio for EWR-SLC vs. SFO-CDG. $120 for EWR-SLC is outright highway robbery compared to $30 for SFO-CDG!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.