Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mileage Run for Charity - Indian Earthquake Relief

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2001, 6:57 pm
Original Poster

Mileage Run for Charity - Indian Earthquake Relief

I was sitting here in Atlanta, bored to death, and planning fictitious travels thanks to AirTran's latest fare sale (which has been matched by all the majors), when suddenly the idea hit me.
WHY NOT DO IT FOR REAL?

Now, being the procrastinator that I am, I decided to leave the decision making to my dear friends here at flyertalk.com (as well as those at airliners.net and trip.com). I have NW vouchers for more value than I can ever use before they expire, so cost is not an issue.

YOU GET TO DECIDE WHERE I GO!
http://pub39.bravenet.com/vote/stats...num=3333855255

Vote at that URL before 11am EST on Friday, and I will fly the trip sometime in the next 10 days. As a bonus, I will be donating 50c to the Indian Earthquake Relief fund for every vote cast! So VOTE EARLY and VOTE OFTEN!

Disclaimer : No purchase neccesary. Postcards are dependant on the US Postal Service. Offer void where prohibited by law. FL residents must take care to choose only one destination. Canadian residents must answer a skill question to qualify. Odds for each destination are 1 in 7. All travel will be provided on Northwest Airlines or partner airlines.

[This message has been edited by B747-437B (edited 02-02-2001).]
Old Feb 2, 2001, 9:21 am
Original Poster

The polls are now closed.

The final tally is :

BUF - 32
MSY - 30
VPS - 14
TOL - 12
GPT - 12
PIT - 8
DAY - 4

Looks like I will be off to Buffalo. Thanks to all who voted! A total of $56 has been raised for earthquake relief.

Old Feb 2, 2001, 9:57 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Curious choice! Bring a sled for sure!

BTW, I voted but not for Buffalo! Football is over up there!
Old Feb 2, 2001, 10:32 am
Original Poster

Originally posted by doc:
Curious choice! Bring a sled for sure!

BTW, I voted but not for Buffalo! Football is over up there!
I think the vote was skewed a bit by my cousin up in Toronto who forwarded it to all his college buddies!

However, since it is for a good cause, I will brave the ice and snow and thank my lucky stars that I don't have any earthquake related problems.
Old Feb 2, 2001, 3:00 pm

Buffalo is great... go to Niagara Falls, visit Canada. Go visit Toronto and meet your cousin.
Old Feb 2, 2001, 5:27 pm

Location: controlling the internets from an underground bunker
Programs: So l33t that I don't need a wallet full of cards to prove it. Black is the new Gold.
Originally posted by MoreMiles:
Buffalo is great... go to Niagara Falls, visit Canada. Go visit Toronto and meet your cousin.
Actually, due to current legal troubles, I don't think B747 is ALLOWED in Canada (See his recent trip recent for more details)
Old Feb 3, 2001, 7:30 pm
Original Poster

The NW staff at ATL were very helpful when I went to ticket this trip and helped me get an ATL-MEM-IND-DTW-BUF-DTW-BNA-MEM-ATL itinerary for just $171. I told them why I was doing it, and Shirley (the supervisor) actually offered to find me an extra segment or two, but the times wouldn't work out.

I'm not banned from Canada (yet), but rest assured that I'm gonna use a different rental company this time. No more Daewoo Lanos for me!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.