Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

What is this TRIPLE AA milage to Europe you speak of?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2001, 1:31 pm
Original Poster

Just wondering where you register for the 3X milage to Europe on AA?
Would like to do a DFW -Anywhere soon!

Bob

------------------
AA..just plain old Platinum
AOL Instant Messenger# bobcharlap
[email protected]
Old Jan 25, 2001, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
I'm not entirely certain what you're referring to. AA has a few promotions going on now. The most generally useful is EUR00. (The two things at the end are digit zeroes, not letter ohs.) It gets you 5,000 miles for your first economy round trip, more for subsequent ones and/or higher classes of service.

You may have seen a reference to exchanging upgrade "sticker" credits for miles. You get 2,500 miles per sticker. Since you earn four stickers per 10,000 miles flown, this is effectively another 100 percent bonus. That gives the 3x if you're Platinum or EP, as long as you don't want the domestic US upgrades.

If you call about this exchange, it's supposed to be an accommodation for people who can't use upgrade credits at all - usually because almost all their travel is international. It's not a right or a documented part of the program. There have been reports of friendly agents who converted for people who didn't meet this criterion, but that's a favor you can't necessarily count on.
Old Jan 25, 2001, 6:00 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG GLD, PC PLT SPIRE
Originally posted by BobCharlap:
Just wondering where you register for the 3X milage to Europe on AA?
Would like to do a DFW -Anywhere soon!

Bob

I am not sure what 3x milage you are referring to, but are you thinking about the following:

actual mileage credit
100% bonus for PLT or EXP elite level
100% bonus for TTBNS

The TTBNS was a milage bonus special instituted last year and ended in December in response to 100% bonus offered by UA because of the flight woes of the summer.

Plus, for Europe tirps remember that with the EUR00 bonus miles (through April 15, 2001?), you receive 5k bonus for your first trip, 10K for your second trip, and 15K for your third trip. For example, LAX-LHR earns about 12K miles. So if I am making my third trip under the EUR00 special, I could be effectively earning 3x miles. If I had done three trips while TTBNS was still in effect, my 3rd trip could have been effectively earning me 4x mileage

[This message has been edited by onedog (edited 01-25-2001).]
Old Jan 25, 2001, 6:11 pm
Suspended

5X miles to Europe

base
plt+
sticker
TTBNS
EUR00 (ave 10K:3trips)

Life was good in 2000.
Old Jan 25, 2001, 6:11 pm

Originally posted by onedog:
If I had done three trips while TTBNS was still in effect, my 3rd trip could have been effectively earning me 4x mileage.
Actually, counting additional 10,000 miles that you could get by exchanging your 4 500-miles upgrades earned on that trip, your 3rd trip would've earned you about 5x mileage.
Old Jan 25, 2001, 6:13 pm

drtravels -- It looks like we are in sync dreaming about good ol' Y2K
Old Jan 25, 2001, 7:21 pm
Suspended

Eugene: Great timing.

If I just knew how to do those quotes and links to other threads.

Knowing bold, italics, spelling, grammer, would be nice too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.