Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

AA Europe Mileage Run - Suggestions?

Old Jan 22, 2001, 7:52 pm
Original Poster

Location: St. Louis, MO - AA PLT/2.98MM (Lifetime PLT), Delta PM, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat
Programs: TW Elite (RIP), CO OnePass

I think AA must have been reading this board lately when they came up with the $279 special fares to Europe through early March.

If you haven't read my previous posts, I have two Europe trips planned through March which count towards the EUR00 bonus. One more gets me 15,000 bonus miles plus additional bonus miles as I will be qualifying for Platinum through a challenge.

So.. I am looking for a short weekend trip either the last weekend of February or the first weekend of March -- either doing a one day roundtrip (Sat -> Sun), or flying out from STL late Friday returning on Sunday.

The schedules to Europe out of STL only provide late afternoon departures for LHR and BRU -- which happen to be where my other two trips are planned, although most of the BRU trip will be spent in France.

Any suggestions on a good place to go to maximumize mileage and minimize time/cost? I'm considering CDG (one way through DFW, the other through ORD).. any other suggestions?

Greg
Old Jan 22, 2001, 8:05 pm

Rome will get you more miles than CDG. The train will take you from the airport to Termini, the train station in Rome. There are a lot of hotels and B&B's close. Once there, just about everything is within walking distance so even a short stay is fun and interesting. The food is fabulous, the people are wonderful, the shopping is incrediblly cheap for wonderful stuff, the ruins are fascinating and if you aren't in shape now, you will be. Rome was built on seven hills. You are either walking uphill or downhill. I'd do Rome. STL-DFW-ORD-FCO (12,322 miles will get you between 6000 and 7000 Challenge Points).
Old Jan 23, 2001, 5:32 am
Original Member

Programs: AA GLD 1MM, UA PLT
I did a Zurich run on the same day, so I did not have to overnight. DFW-ZRH is a nice 777 aircraft and the same plane returns from ZRH, so if you are late getting in, the layover is just cut short a bit.
Old Jan 25, 2001, 1:50 am

CHIPPER: Looking to do the ZRH mileage run from Ord thru DFW week end of feb 10th. Understand same aircraft any difficult getting thru arrival and re booking. Thanks in advance. OK-----
Old Jan 25, 2001, 6:29 am

Programs: AA 2 MM LIfetime Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Silver, BA
There have been even cheaper net-saaver fares to Rome and a couple of other places out of ORD. With tax $270. To me a mileage run is a chance to actually travel and see something AND get miles with it. To travel JUST to get miles, to me, is a waste. I am looking for hotels in Rome for my 1 week trip Feb 13. There seem to be lots of reasonably priced ones, just not sure which one to pick yet. I picked Rome because it does have the MOST miles, AND I*'ve never been there, and I think it will be the warmest city -may take a trip to Naples as we have 6 nights. Look for those net-saaver fares, and could just go to wherever there's a cheap fare. You could leave Friday, arrive Saturday and return Monday - two nights.

------------------
DtG

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.