Wiki Posts
Search

UA mileage run from MSP

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2001, 10:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1P, Rapid Rewards, SkyMiles
UA mileage run from MSP

Are there any sites that allow you to put in a departure city, enter an airline code and then list arrival cities and dollar amounts? I'm looking for a way to get maximum miles on UA this year for the least amount of dollars. Thanks in advance to anyone who replies. BTW I just got back from a MSP-ORD-LHR-ORD-MSP run that took 25 hours.

------------------
UA Premier
Old Jan 22, 2001, 2:15 pm

Programs: MSP raised, Elite since age 17
travelocity.com has Dream Maps-- look for "Dream maps" on the bottom left list of features. You enter an airport code and choose a price range (starting at ranges of up to $100 round trip) and it shows maps and prices for cities in the US/Canada, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, or the Caribbean. Click on the city and price, and it shows which airlines offer the fare.

[This message has been edited by Viajero Joven (edited 01-22-2001).]
Old Jan 22, 2001, 10:29 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
the dream map doesn't work for Europe, at least if you're starting at MSP.

boomerang, I did two similar runs last month, MSP-ORD-DUS-ORD-MSP. ugh. I was dead afterwards but I'm booking my F trip to SYD tomorrow with the proceeds
Old Jan 23, 2001, 2:01 pm
Original Poster

Sleepy:
It will be well worth it I can assure you as I've flown both Business Class and First Class to SYD on MP award tickets over the years. Make sure you take advantage of the Arrivals by United program when you land in Sydney. Your right the Mileage runs are tiring. We should do one together sometime on UA as we both depart from MSP.

------------------
UA Premier
Old Jan 23, 2001, 9:55 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
hey 'rangboy, you're on. probably won't be doing any runs soon as I mostly did them last year for the bonus miles precisely for the F trip to Oz, but I guess now that I'm PremExec I ought to try and keep it, which is tough when NW is the official company airline. other than the Oz trip I might do a few runs to LHR for the hell of it.
Old Jan 24, 2001, 7:33 am
Original Poster

Mr. Sleepy: Sounds good. Let's watch fares and when something truly great appears, lets go. Boom.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.