AA Paris Mileage Run advice...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2001, 10:56 pm
Original Poster

Location: St. Louis, MO - AA PLT/2.98MM (Lifetime PLT), Delta PM, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat
Programs: TW Elite (RIP), CO OnePass

Since I'm already taking two trips to Europe this spring on AA and I'm in possession of a $200 voucher, I'm planning on making a one day round trip from St. Louis to Paris to qualify for the 15,000 mile EUR00 bonus.
The trip will end up costing me just about $300 and net me about 32,000 miles.

Two questions:

1) Do I need to go through immigration and customs then back in security? Or can I do this all without going through immigration? If so, how?

2) I'm planning on arriving in Paris at 8:05am from Chicago and catching a 10:25am flight back to Dallas. Is 2:20 enough time between flights?

Thanks for all your help,

Greg
Old Jan 18, 2001, 6:47 am
Suspended

Greg:

I'm doing the same sort of thing in March.

One hour is required for a legal connection or so I was told. There are 4 later flights via JFK/MIA/ORD if you miss that one.

I'm off to CDG today so I'll keep an eye out for flight connections before the immigration area and let you know next week. I suspect like most other airports you can just go through connections.

DR
Old Jan 18, 2001, 10:15 am
Suspended

the prob lies with checking in.Since this is on the other side of Customs,it would seem that unless you can get a boarding card before leaving the states for your return or call AA to see if theres a club that can issue the bc air side-or if the gate area can. I image since your aircraft is the same as the return flights that the gate area should be manned. But why not spend the day,I recently switched from landing at 8am & returning @ 10am to spending the night was well worth it.Also it'll probably be the same crew on the way back and boy did I get spoiled.
Old Jan 18, 2001, 5:27 pm
Original Poster

Location: St. Louis, MO - AA PLT/2.98MM (Lifetime PLT), Delta PM, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat
DrTravels:

Thanks for the info. Please post or email me on what you found and what happens when you take your trip.

Greg
Old Jan 18, 2001, 5:28 pm
Original Poster

craz:

I'd love to spend an extra day there, but due to the timing of the trips that would require an extra day off work -- and two weeks of vacation only goes so far!

Greg
Old Jan 19, 2001, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
Congrats on a great way to pick up the bonus! I'm in the middle of my second trip at the moment and would do something similar for the third if it doesn't pan out in the normal course of events.

However, I question your reducing the cost of the trip by the amount of your voucher. Unless you'll toss it in the trash if you don't use it now, if you use it now you'll have to pay $200 more for your next trip. At most, the voucher is worth the interest on the $200 from keeping the money in the bank from now until then.
Old Jan 23, 2001, 6:06 am
Suspended

Greg:

I didn't see a "flight connections" sign but may have missed it. C & I was very smooth and check-in at the main desks went great (no lines at check-in 2 hours before the LGW flight). I'd say it was no more than 15 minutes from check-in, passport control and the walk to the Admirals club.

I'm not worried about a 2 hour turn around.

Dick

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.