Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LAX based SWU run--any advice

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2001, 6:10 pm
Original Poster

LAX based SWU run--any advice

(Oops, forgot to put DELTA in the subject line. Sorry.)

I am roughly 1800 miles away from my next (and most likely) final set of Systemwide Upgrades from DL. I have until February 28, 2001. My current scheduled travel will leave me the 1800 miles short and I cannot toss more segments into the current plans.

The best thought I've come up with so far is two LAX-LAS-LAXs.

I'm looking to do something where I don't have to hotel it and can hopefully get it over in one day--doesn't have to be a saturday.

I'm having trouble coming up with those great multi-segment trips that I read about CO and UA flyers taking.

Any thoughts for using DL out of LAX for this? Thanks in advance!

[This message has been edited by the scribbler (edited 01-15-2001).]
Old Jan 16, 2001, 10:58 am
Suspended

the lax-las is the only one i thought of especially when its $65 EACH WAY.Check out the FAN FARES but then hotels again. If the LAX-LAS are full fares why must you overnight it? Should beable to go and come the same day. Also you say you are 1800 miles short to the next SWU, I thought the clock started at '0' on 1/1. Have you flown 18,200 miles since 1/1? or you have plans for that many miles by 2/28 and will be 1800 short? What I understood where one stood on 12/31 is of no help for that 20,000 by 2/28 or did I get misimformed?
Old Jan 16, 2001, 9:34 pm

craz.. when i've spoken with delta they told me that the mileage clock carries over.. call them up and ask how many miles you need until your next set.. they're usually more than happy to tell you..

jesse
Old Jan 16, 2001, 10:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
scribbler, don't you ever get tired of LAS? What hotel do you prefer?

Do you have time for one of the web specials to Brussels, Milan or Rome?

[This message has been edited by Rssrsvp (edited 01-16-2001).]
Old Jan 17, 2001, 11:39 am
Original Poster

I'm rarely in LAS, except to save money on LAX-JFK. I'm trying to work out a trip to PRG and CDG, but it looks like that will most likely happen after 2/28/01.

Your clock does not reset until 2/28/01--or at least mine hasn't. That said, it's still wrong.

I'd do a milage run to Europe, but who wants to sit in coach LAX-JFK-BRU/MXP/ETC.? Not me. I'd really have to need the miles.
Old Jan 17, 2001, 12:18 pm

Scribbler, If you are willing to spend the day on the plane, you could try LAX-SLC-SFO-SLC-LAX in one day. It prices out at $320.00 and is upgradeable. Also, if you want to spend a bit more, you could fly to BWI for $467.00 (also upgradeable). You can take the overnight to BWI and return the next day.

These 2 options will put you over the 1800 miles you need.

I too am looking for about 14,000 more miles for my LAST set of SWU. I will most likely torture myself in coach and fly to Europe on one of DL's great winter fares.

I hope this helps...

[This message has been edited by orix (edited 01-17-2001).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.