Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

LAX origin in UAL

LAX origin in UAL

Old Jan 1, 2001, 11:32 pm
Original Poster

LAX origin in UAL

I've been looking around for good deals on UAL. They're allegedly matching the $198 coast to coast deals, but I've seen no evidence of this to BOS, PWM, or MIA.

About the best value I see is $520 to CDG.

I'd really prefer to go to Melbourne, but fares there are over $1K.

Any ideas originating from LAX?
Old Jan 2, 2001, 12:31 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
They're not matching the cities you listed because they do not compete against Southwest on those routes. Look at Baltimore and Tampa, for instance, where they do compete.

There are also some very good winter fares to Europe that must be booked on the UA web site in the $400 range.
Old Jan 2, 2001, 12:34 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
I priced two sample routes on the UA web site in February. LAX to CDG (Paris)priced out at $449 including all taxes, and LAX to LHR (London Heathrow) priced out at $414, including all taxes.
Old Jan 2, 2001, 7:50 am
fparker1

also try origination from SNA, ONT, and BUR. Southwest has almost 1/2 the gates at ONT

------------------
f

Old Jan 2, 2001, 12:30 pm

LAX-EWR is running $266 r/t on ual.com (try dates in feb or mar)
Old Jan 2, 2001, 5:00 pm

JohnJohn,

What's your goal, max segments per dollar or max miles per dollar, or...??? In general, the long hauls would be good for max miles but if you are going for segments, then domestic USA's.
Old Jan 3, 2001, 2:30 am
Original Poster

Originally posted by crankyusi:
JohnJohn,

What's your goal, max segments per dollar or max miles per dollar, or...??? In general, the long hauls would be good for max miles but if you are going for segments, then domestic USA's.
My goal is max miles per dollar. I have an upcoming LAX-LHR rt in July which I'm looking for a deal on. I qualified as Premiere for the fist time in late 2000, with all of my flights in November and December (quite a marathon) mile runs to LHR, CDG, IAD, and OGG.

I'm looking at doing things a bit smarter, like going to the furthest destinations I can, internationally. While keeping miles per dollar in mind. I guess that means SIN or DEL. DEL is over 19K miles rt. LAX-SIN is 17.5K rt.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.