Need Delta mileage

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need Delta mileage

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2000, 8:50 pm

Location: KEWR / SPG Plat, HH Diamond, DL Plat, ZE 5*, AA Plat, UA Nobody
My run to PM will be two consecutive Saturday's RDU-CVG-IAD-CVG-RDU. Leave 6:20a and return like 8:00p. Get to spend 6 hours both Saturdays at the model airplane shop at IAD and buy some Gemini Jets in DL colors! 4 segments for both trips at a cost of $120 RT. What really sucks is I scheduled 2 business trips for December after I bought the RDU-IAD tix. No need for that now...oh well....I'll have fun anyway. Just can't tell myself that I could drive RDU-IAD quicker than connecting in CVG!
Old Dec 29, 2000, 9:37 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA- Lifetime Platinum; Marriott - Lifetime Platinum: Starwood - Gold; IHG - Platinum
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Spiff:

You cannot buy status miles on Delta from Delta. You can receive base miles (status miles) from American Express on Delta by getting the AMEX SkyMiles Platinum card (and perhaps the Gold card as well).

I just reread this post. Is what Spiff is saying is that I can gain elite just by using the AmX Delta Skymiles Platinum card? I was under the impression that miles charged to it were for those which would not qualify for status. I thought the only way to achieve elite was to fly. I have this card and put thousands per month on it. Would someone clarify please?
Old Dec 30, 2000, 5:50 am

paradocs, the AmEx Platinum deal is for new cardholders. There is a sign-up bonus of 15K miles; 10K regular miles & 5K 'base' miles which count toward status. Bonus is posted about 6 weeks after card is used for the first time.

Another part of the deal is...charge $15K in the first 6 months & get 15K more miles, but only bonus miles, none towards status.
Old Dec 31, 2000, 2:53 pm

Programs: UA Premier, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
For those who signed up early (1st 10,000) for the Amex card, the deal had another bonus. Spend $10K in the first six months and have 50K in any other FF program (at time of application) and they will give you an additional 50K Skymiles. I don't fly Delta, but I should net ~80K Skymiles which will be converted to ~ 160K HHonors points. All for just using a different Amex card for 6 months.

Thank you FlyerTalk!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.