Programs: AA2MM
AA to FRA or FCO in Feb

Anyone up for FRA or FCO in Feb?

PHL-DFW-FRA r/t is pricing $530 or $447 via ORD

PHL-ORD-FCO r/t is $504

Any interest?
Old Dec 20, 2000, 9:29 pm
In memoriam

I think those fares will come down. Historically, U.S.-Europe fare sales are announced in January, for late Jan-late April/early May travel. Those fares seem a little high to me.
Old Dec 21, 2000, 3:53 am

Programs: UA 1PMM,AAG; usedtobeelite
Yes, they are high. But you can book them if you are sure the fares allow you to reticket when fares drop and get a voucher for the difference. Or reuse the full amount without penalty on a future ticket. The $99 each way fares are yet to be announced. Last year some of the $99EW fares were Tues/Wed only. In January I lucked out and found the $198RT+tax fares for Friday and Sunday travel.
Old Dec 21, 2000, 7:11 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AA2MM
Exactly, plus the web fares won't (probably) be upgradeable. And free hotel nights come into play as well.
Old Dec 21, 2000, 3:35 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Originally posted by burkey:
Exactly, plus the web fares won't (probably) be upgradeable...
If you do get a "web fare" and want to upgrade, you are likely to get differing opinions on whether or not it is permitted. I did a ORD-NRT run a few weekends ago on a "Web Special - Weekly Focus FAAre" and was initially told the fare could not be upgraded with miles. A couple of days later I called back and found that I could use miles to upgrade. The Platinum Desk agent I spoke with on the second call asked her Help Desk, who contacted the Tariff Center, and the ruling was "yes" (which made me very happy). Good luck!

[This message has been edited by bbinchi (edited 12-21-2000).]
Old Dec 21, 2000, 5:03 pm
SST

Good sign that the fares will in fact be coming down: check out the prices for Europe-to-the-states fares. Right now, I was trying to book a ticket from SFO-Lyon (LYS), in France. US flights price out about $600 with taxes and ripoff "fees" added. You can book the same ****ed flights from LYS-SFO-LYS (in other words, the other direction, only the dates differ) for under $480, fees included.

Airlines, are you listening? We know the score! Out with those January fare sales! (And I'll bite at anything under $500, fees included). But not until.
Old Dec 21, 2000, 5:27 pm
In memoriam

Originally posted by SST:
I was trying to book a ticket from SFO-Lyon (LYS), in France. US flights price out about $600 with taxes and ripoff "fees" added. You can book the same ****ed flights from LYS-SFO-LYS (in other words, the other direction, only the dates differ) for under $480, fees included.
Calm down. That's the case with all international fares. They're seasonal. There are just as many times that the situation is reversed; i.e., from overseas (Atlantic and Pacific) to the U.S., fares can be double what they are from the U.S. to that destination.

Old Dec 21, 2000, 7:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Burkey, it's a shame you are not a US flyer. PHL-FRA in Jan. is pricing at $290 (+charges) and $358 in Feb.

cheap to MUC as well http://usairways.com/promotions/specials/fra_muc.htm

[This message has been edited by chexfan (edited 12-21-2000).]
Old Dec 22, 2000, 3:30 am

Programs: UA 1PMM,AAG; usedtobeelite
Sheryl, regardless of season I've never seen US to Europe fares be lower than the Europe to US fares. Seems they are always at least $100US less. In what season do the US to Europe prices fall below the reverse?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.