Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sabena vs. Swissair? Any thoughts??

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2000, 12:35 pm
Original Poster

Sabena vs. Swissair? Any thoughts??

We are going to Austria and have a choice between flying on Sabena or Swissair from Boston. I know that Swiss owns the majority of Sabena but have also heard that Swiss is the better overall airline. We are flying business class and the airline rep told me that Swissair's business class is superior to Sabena's. Anyone got an opinion?? THANKS!
Old Dec 19, 2000, 1:03 pm
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

SwissAir!
Old Dec 19, 2000, 1:44 pm

Sabena...no way! There is absolutely no comparison.

------------------
speedbird001
Old Dec 19, 2000, 2:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally posted by speedbird001:
Sabena...no way! There is absolutely no comparison.
Speedbird...why is Sabena so awful?
Old Dec 19, 2000, 2:42 pm

To begin, Sabena has lost money for years which is one of the reasons Swissair took it over. In fact they recently announced that they would eliminate approximately 500 jobs and cut various long haul routes. This, during a time when most other airlines are making tons of money.

Service...not particulary friendly. Food, many notches below Swissair. Having said all of this, search the Qualiflyer section and you will find some recent, more favorable comments about their long haul business class.

------------------
speedbird001
Old Dec 19, 2000, 4:38 pm
Original Member

Programs: BA Gold, ex-BD Gold, SPG Gold, HH Gold
I've flown both SR and SN from Boston (coach). SN was certainly decent, at least as good as a US airline in coach. SR IMHO is the best long-haul coach service I've found--comfortable, attentive service (very frequent beverage service!), good food, etc. Go with SR!
Old Dec 20, 2000, 1:20 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for everyone's opinion! Sorry that I originally posted this topic incorrectly on the "Mileage run" bulletin board. I moved it to "The Buzz" after I realized the error. This was my first posted topic on FlyerTalk and I really appreciate all of the great input. We made our reservation today on SR thanks to everyone's enthusiastic comments about it. (and NYC1's funny acronym--S uch A B ad E xperience N ever A gain)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.