Wiki Posts
Search

Need hotel recommendation for Paris

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2000, 5:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some
Need hotel recommendation for Paris

I am doing a weekend mileage run to Paris Dec 8-9. I am not familiar with the city. Does anyone know of an inexpensive, OK place to spend the night? I just need a cheap, clean place located in a safe area. I plan to be walking around extensively to see the city and I just need the room for crashing the night. Can I get a private room with bath for under $75? Is that reasonable to expect in Paris? I'd appreciate suggestions.
Old Nov 28, 2000, 6:25 pm

Location: Homosassa, FL & Ringwood, NJ -UA-G(Lifetime); SPG-Plat (Lifetime)
You should get a ton of responses. I stay at the 2 star Eugenie on rue de Beaux Artes in St. Germain. Clean/bathroom/TV in a nice, safe, lively, fun to walk around area at night. The most recent price is about $70US/nite. It is als about a 1 block walk from the RER train stop "St. Michel" from CDG. See http://www.123france.com/europe/fran...s/hoeugeus.htm
Old Nov 29, 2000, 12:52 am

Programs: Delta, Hertz, Hilton, Marriott
delete

Last edited by tmorse6570; Sep 13, 2007 at 5:28 am
Old Nov 29, 2000, 10:00 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
We like the hotel perreyve. 63 rue madame,
arron. 5 or 6. i can't remember. Its right smack dab next to the jardin du luxembourg.

metro stop: st. placide and across the park from the rer luxembourg stop.

It is quiet, safe and inexpensive. we paid
about 77 bucks for two last week.

There are lots of hotels around st. suplice/st. germain that are safe, clean and
comfortable.

Another place that I used to stay when I travelled by myself was the hotel pierre etoile. 17th arrond. This is a quality inn run hotel. They used to have great rates, but its like 160 bucks a night now. V. quiet and a chic neighborhood.

lala
Old Nov 29, 2000, 12:26 pm

I would recommend Hotel de Richelieu on rue de Richelieu, 1st arrondisment, literally walking distance to Louvre and Comedie Francaise, Opera. We stayed in a triple room with bath for under $75 in May, 2000. Very nice place, but parking might be a little bit tough. They have a website and e-mail. If you are interested, I can look it up.
Old Nov 29, 2000, 1:10 pm
geo1004

roza4: I am interested! Thank you.

Old Nov 29, 2000, 2:14 pm

Also try Hotel Odeon (may appear as Odeon Hotel) located on rue Odeon in St. Germain. Very quaint and friendly, a quick walk to Notre Dame and the Louvre.
Old Nov 29, 2000, 4:01 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold
satori:

Although probably a bit more expensive than what you are looking for (closer to the equivalent of $90 a night I'd guess), I can heartily recommend "Hôtel Relais Bosquet" in the Seventh Arrondissement, very near École Militaire (and the Métro stop of the same name):
http://www.relais-bosquet.com/

I have stayed there at least four times since having discovered it about two years ago. My rooms have always been very clean, comfortable and quiet and the staff has been most accommodating. Plus the location is excellent - safe and convenient to public transportation.

You might also find the RATP web site useful:
http://www.ratp.fr/index_eng.htm

Have fun in Paris...please write a trip report, won't you?

Bill

[This message has been edited by bbinchi (edited 11-29-2000).]
Old Nov 29, 2000, 4:02 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Deleted: accidental duplicate post

[This message has been edited by bbinchi (edited 11-29-2000).]
Old Nov 29, 2000, 4:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
I have stayed at the Hotel Muguet - in the 7th, right near Invalides. Very charming, tiny rooms that are lovely, bathrooms (private) are also tiny and clean, clean.

Their fax is 33 (1) 45 50 25 37
You can handle everything by fax.
Phone is 33 (1) 47 05 05 93

Rates for a single are approx. F500 incl. tax / breakfast is extra.
Old Nov 30, 2000, 6:35 am

Programs: US3, WN, UA, AA, CO
I've stayed at Hotel de l'Ile de France on rue Saint-Augustin, and Hotel de l'Opera, sister hotels near the Opera House (rue 4 septembre Metro stop). Both very cozy, with optional breakfast, I paid around $60/night for a single with private bath.

H.I.F. tel: 33-1-47-42-40-61, fax 33-1-49-27-06-06.
Old Nov 30, 2000, 7:14 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Hotel Deux-Iles, located on an Island in La Siene (correct spell?) river. Just two blocks from Notre Dame, located @ 59 Rue St. Louis-en-I'lle, phone: 43.26.13.35. The Deux-Iles is a converted 17th century mansion. GREAT, helpful, english speaking concierge. If this property is booked, just walk down the block to Hotel Lutec, run by same people. Have Fun.

Old Nov 30, 2000, 8:54 am
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
I can't give a recommendation in that price range, but have had very good luck reserving through www.hotelbook.com in Europe. You have to do lots of clicking to see what's available for the dates you want, but you can sometimes save some money if they are offering a special.
Old Nov 30, 2000, 5:03 pm
Suspended

I assume you're taking this trip to earn some needed FF points.

I would advise you take a look at some of the Holiday Inns in the city. Check out their website at http://www.basshotels.com/basshotels as loads of the hotel chains in Europe are doing winter specials at the moment with rather large discounts.

Assuming your FF program has Holiday Inn as a partner then you will also earn FF points by staying at one of their hotels.

I normally stay at the Holiday Inn Bastille which is served by 3 different Metro stations and is 5 minutes walk to the Bastille. It is good value for money and would definitely recommend it!
Old Nov 30, 2000, 6:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some
Thanks everyone. You are great. I will check out these hotels and web sites tomorrow and hopefully get something booked. I'll let people know how it goes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.