Wiki Posts
Search

9500 needed for plat on NW, from SEA

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2000, 12:06 am
MBO
Original Poster

9500 needed for plat on NW, from SEA

My wife is trying to figure out the best way to pull in 9500 miles to make plat. Her schedule does not have to many open days thru Dec. Not oppossed to international flights. Thought about SEA to AMS return via DTW, MSP, SEA.

Ideas ?

Old Nov 23, 2000, 3:50 am

Welcome to FlyerTalk MBO.

For a mileage run, how about SEA/FLL (via EWR) on Continental? This will get her 6,986 base World Perks miles and it is a valid CO routing. The price may be right, too.
[*]SEA/EWR 2,401 miles[*]EWR/FLL 1,092 miles[*]FLL/EWR 1,092 miles[*]EWR/SEA 2,401 miles
Total Base Miles = 6,986

And since she is Gold, I believe she will earn an additional 6,986 miles, although the bonus miles will not count toward Platinum status. Then she'll only need another 2,500 mile trip for that top Platinum tier.

Here is Travelocity's Dream Maps link that may help with fares.
http://dps1.travelocity.com/dreamMap...p_arp_name=SEA
To check from another city, change the last three letters in the link with the airport code of your choice.

Good luck and I hope this helps for starters.

[This message has been edited by MRLIMO (edited 11-23-2000).]
Old Nov 23, 2000, 9:52 pm

Look at the dream maps from SEA to Western Europe. You'll see many cities in Germany available for a cheap fare (under $400 plus taxes).

However, to fly out on Saturday and back on Sunday, to minimize time, the fare goes up about $40. No biggie.

Check it out:
9/09 SEA-DTW NW430 0845-1551
9/09 DTW-FRA NW052 1710-0720(next day)
9/10 FRA-AMS NW8466 1100-1220
9/10 AMS-SEA NW33 1420-1545

Total cost: $504.56
Total miles: 11,168

Like I said, other German cities seem to be available, as do every Sat/Sun through the end of the year.

A domestic RT that gets 9,500 miles may be possible, though I doubt it, and it would take considerable time to find one, It may even have to be 2 domestic RTs, which probably would raise the cost above this int'l trip and likely involve more travel headaches.

Hope this helps.
Old Nov 26, 2000, 2:31 am
MBO
Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestions. Now, she is trying to figure out how she can fit it into here schedule.

Mike
Old Nov 27, 2000, 2:31 pm

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic, WN A List Preferred, Hyatt Globalest, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
Mike,
The question of how to fit it into your schedule, I find, is often a harder question than figuring out the mileage run itself. Plus when she gets back from this, especially a Europe trip in coach, she'll likely be very tired. Perhaps she could take either a Friday or Monday off from work, and do this during the given weekend.
Old Nov 29, 2000, 5:14 pm

Location: 3A - most likey <> BKK <--> EZE; TACA 3A nobody, but GP million miler; Hilton Gold sometimes. Successfully divorced from CO PLAT.
My 2 cents worth wont even get U a piece of gum from the gum drop machine, but:

9500 miles is alot to try and pull off off one domestic ticket... but it can be done.

Mr. Limos suggestion to Fla. is probably ur most economical bet and it might save you a several hundred over Europe. Have U seen the $ 198.00 fares?

Have your travel agent check the permissible routing on whatever fare ur able to get and DO IT NOW, B/4 the X-MAS rush.

Try to find a fare permiting something like SEA-PDX-IAH-CLE-EWR-TPA-MCO-FLL (double connect in Fla. for the 500 minimum).

I know, I know... but if ur looking for convenience... CO BC to Europe will put U right there too!

Old Nov 30, 2000, 1:49 pm

Location: Homosassa, FL & Ringwood, NJ -UA-G(Lifetime); SPG-Plat (Lifetime)
How about SEA-NRT RT for $515 on NW. Leave 12/8 return 12/11. My wife just did a JFK-NRT-TPE mileage run and had a ball to get to Platinum. The mileage SEA-NRT is 9,552 RT.
Good luck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.