Wiki Posts
Search

Weather in Venice and Paris

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2000, 11:02 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Weather in Venice and Paris

Need to take a run to either CDG or VCE in the coming weeks,anyone know what the weather is like in either city this time of year.Looking to go for 1,2 days at max.If the weather is bad then I'll try to get off the flight and get back on 2 hrs later
Old Nov 29, 2000, 11:12 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
weather in Paris and Venice in average compares with Seatlle - Vancouver for the same time of year.

But Paris and Venice is worth every minute despite any bad weather conditions!
Old Nov 29, 2000, 11:30 am

Location: AA Plat, US Gold, HHonors Gold, Starwood Gold, LP Mile-ionaire
Just came from CDG and I'd have to agree with Rudi. The weather was mostly wet, grey and cool-to-cold, but worth every minute. Bring an umbrella, raincoat, scarf, waterproof shoes and have a great time.
Old Nov 29, 2000, 1:08 pm
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
The weather may be a bit wet and cold, but it's perfect to take advantage of the lack of crowds. Although Paris shopping areas tend to be quite crowded in December.
Old Nov 29, 2000, 3:57 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
I think that the Seattle analogy is quite right. I was in Paris week before last and it was rather lovely. Cool, but not rainy. I did fine in a cashmere sweater and a light raincoat.

Venice can really suck if its: rainy (terrible drainage in some squares and really slippery) or cold and raw. On the other hand, I was there this time last year and it was sunny and warmish for Venice.

lala
Old Nov 30, 2000, 8:59 am
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
I was just in Paris this weekend, Friday was sunny and beautiful, it rained a bit during the day for 10 minute periods on Saturday, poured like hell Saturday night, and was quite nice on Sunday. The temperatures were about mid 50's for the highs, 40's for the lows.

Weather.com was incredibly off for the forecasts, their temperatures were OK, but the rain sun mix wasn't even close.

You won't be going to the beach, and there is more then enough to keep you busy no matter what the weather is, so go and enjoy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.