Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Forum posting suggestion/request

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2000, 1:42 am
Original Poster

Forum posting suggestion/request

I'm pleased as punch that this Forum has been added. I hope it's not too presumptuous of me to suggest that it would be improved and of greater value to the community if posters generally got in the habit of putting the originating city and airline of interest in the subject of their mileage run request/suggesttion. It seems it would make scanning for relevance and interest much easier.

For example:

"186,201 mi. from Seattle on NWA in 24 hours"

versus

"Lotsa miles!"

Just my $.02. And thanks to the many of you who are already posting this way.

Happy Landings,
Chucka.......

PS And if this has already been discussed (to death) somewhere else and I missed it, a thousand pardons.
Old Nov 26, 2000, 6:10 am

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic, WN A List Preferred, Hyatt Globalest, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
I think this is a suggestion that would be well taken across all of the FT forums. I've been thinking of adding it to one of those threads in The Buzz, Gen Travel Talk, etc.

It is absolutely essential that posters write a subject line (or a headline) if you will that describes the nature of the post, who should read it, etc. It's like writing a news headline, you want to try to get the attention of your desired audience. This way, in looking at hundreds of threads, we'll know which one's are of interest and which one's to click on.

I even wish the moderaters would update the subjects on some posts. Well, I guess I'm a stickler for organization.

Examples:

Difficult to understand subject line;
Improved subject line.

Need Help
Need 10 Segments on CO Out Of DEN to Quallify For Silver

Great Offer
US/DL Shuttle Offers $79-$99 Fares For Weekend Travel Through 12/17/2000

New Web Site
New Web Site That Will Calculate Best Mileage Run Strategies

When I start a new topic, in many cases, I try out two or so subjects, and try to pick the one that would explain the post best, etc. I belive this adds value to the board, and makes the entire system more useful and efficient. I also consider, when people are doing searches, what key words they might plug into a search.

Sometimes a writer might want to have a sort of mystery headline, in order to temp readers to click on a link as well.
Old Nov 26, 2000, 2:17 pm

Location: 3A - most likey <> BKK <--> EZE; TACA 3A nobody, but GP million miler; Hilton Gold sometimes. Successfully divorced from CO PLAT.
Above points well taken...

Stating origin, carrier, and exactly what is needed in title should "grab the attention" of other FTers having the requested information.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.