Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

6Kmile UA PremExec run from MSP

Old Nov 21, 2000, 9:18 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.

(note: be nice to the newbie)

subject sorta says it all. I need ~6,000 miles to make PremExec (with the new 42k min) this year. just made Premier last month, but with my thanksgiving trip thursday getting me 4k actual, not trying for PremExec needing only 6,000 miles seems sorta lame. I was on the UA site for hours last night but everything was really expensive. maybe I'm going about it the wrong way.

any suggestions?
Old Nov 21, 2000, 9:37 pm
In memoriam

Have you checked routes where Vanguard, Sun Country and Airtran compete out of MSP? That's usually the best place to start, i.e. routes that are low fare compete. Maybe a double connect from MSP to Florida.
Old Nov 22, 2000, 6:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
Originally posted by Sheryl:
Have you checked routes where Vanguard, Sun Country and Airtran compete out of MSP? That's usually the best place to start, i.e. routes that are low fare compete. Maybe a double connect from MSP to Florida.
well, I tried several variations on that theme. turns out it's only slight more expensive to go to Frankfurt Dec 24 and return the 25th, $213 each way. that solves my problem in one shot. problem is, when I try to book this flight, the total is well over $2,000! I'm on hold with UA's web desk to try and see if there's something wrong. I'm having the same problem looking at total fares to CDG, LHR and MUC. they all come up cheap in the flight selection list, but when I hit the "price this selection" button these huge fares come up. just talked to a rep who said those fares in the selection list are "guidelines" and if it doesn't come up then it's not available for that trip.

grrr...
Old Nov 22, 2000, 7:32 pm
Original Poster

OK, found one, MSP-DUS-MSP on 12/30-12/31 for $477, 13138 miles (plus some of that might go 100% bonus when I click over to PremExec; that's with the 25% premier bonus) for $0.036 per mile. oh wait, I forgot about the kiss-... bonus. if I make PremExec I get an even bigger kiss-... bonus! I think (correct me if nec) as PremExec I get a 100% bonus on all travel from 1 May to 31 Dec instead of the 25% bonus I'd get as Premier.

woohoo! Sydney here I come! First class, even!
Old Nov 22, 2000, 7:33 pm

According to travelocity, there is a Sat night stay requirement for that fare. Fly out on Fri, return on Sun, and it doesn't have to ruin your holiday.

Old Nov 22, 2000, 8:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally posted by Darren:
According to travelocity, there is a Sat night stay requirement for that fare. Fly out on Fri, return on Sun, and it doesn't have to ruin your holiday.

well, I leave Saturday and come back Sunday. I guess that counts, because the UA site is letting me book it. might try for the weekend before in case weather screws it up and there's not much chance to do it over on the last weekend of the year.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.