Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LGA-DAL/DFW-SJC-SNA-PHX-DFW-LGA

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2000, 2:54 pm
Original Poster

LGA-DAL/DFW-SJC-SNA-PHX-DFW-LGA

A three day business trip necessitated the above itinerary. The following is my report:

Nov. 15 AA#2501 LGA-DAL...After a pleasant 30 minute stop in the weathered Admirals Club, I entered the promised land of Executive Class Service to Dallas-Love. Enjoyed scrambled eggs cooked with cream cheese (terrific) and French Toast and Bagels. Hope Legend stays in business forever,forcing AA to continue this service.
Flights to DAL are the best AA product I've experienced, including Domestic First Class. BTW, arrived in DAL 20 minutes early.

Nov. 16 AA#2443 DFW-SJC...Upgraded to First Class, seat 4A on M80. Decent omelette, and as usual, very pleasant service (I never have problems with AA FAs). Flight left from the nomadic Terminal B, so I got to experience the Admirals Club there, (clean, but lacking character)...Flight landed 10 minutes late at SJC, then on to a meeting for two hours.
SJC Admirals Club was jam packed with Narita-bound passengers. Q: Are they building another runway at SJC?

Nov. 16 AA#2883 SJC-SNA...Grabbed the last available seat on this flight (last row on an M80) as a standby. Uneventful, except for the lunatic sitting next to me who: 1) complimented me on my tie; complimented me on my PANTS; and asked the FA for grape juice!! I guess he had never flown before, but he was very quick to tell me he was an IBM exec. Anyway, we land on Runway 19 at SNA and hit the brakes hard for a typical John Wayne landing. It took 20 minutes to taxi to the gate due to ground traffic, but this was nothing compared to my last segment, which you'll read about.

Nov. 17 HP#2750 SNA-PHX..First time on America West in 13 years. Flew a 733, taking off towards the north. Flight was smooth, nothing out-of-the-ordinary for a 50 minute trip. Just beverage service. Their magazine was OK. While reading their mag, did notice that FlightFund is light on partners. On to a 2 pm meeting in downtown Phoenix.

Nov. 17 AA#1770 PHX-DFW...No upgrade available, took seat 10A on packed M80...Bistro service, with a barbecued chicken burrito that wasn't bad. Flight was only 1:48 in length. Called AA reservations (*044) on Airphone to check onward flight to LGA. Arrived at C28 on time. Took TRAAIN to A18 for final leg to LGA.

Nov. 17 AA#778 DFW-LGA...Where the wheels fell off. Those of you who have read my previous postings know my intense dislike for LGA. It just got worse.

First class on a 757 to LGA. Comfortable flight. Decent sandwich. Even got to watch the entire version of The Perfect Storm. Arrival time was scheduled for 1:15 am. Landed on Runway 31 at 1:05 am. We had to wait for a gate for 75 minutes. At one in the morning. 75 minutes at one in the morning. No gate available. This was ludicrous. How can an airline 1) not have a gate available at 1 am) and 2) make passengers wait 75 minutes for a gate to open up. Fortunately, the passengers were too tired to express their anger or frustration.

But now it's my turn. What is so great about LaGuardia? Why does the industry love it so, but dis JFK, which has longer runways, more gates, and more reliable operations? And why does AA have 15 daily flights from LGA to DFW, but just one from JFK, and none from JFK to ORD, while there is hourly service from LGA? Who are the lunatics who like LaGuardia? I'd like to hear from you.

Anyway, that's my report. Hope you found it informative.

BTW--Very competent Admirals Club staffs at SNA and PHX, though each club was a little tight on seating.

Glenn
Old Nov 21, 2000, 9:44 pm

A: SJC is extending the current general aviation runway 30R from 4400 ft to 11,050 so that it can be used for passenger and cargo jets.
Old Nov 22, 2000, 2:00 pm

It's because of business travelers like you that Legend will most likely go under.

As a frequent Legend flyer, it annoys me how business travelers will not support Legend for fear of losing their precious AA frequent flyer miles. Are the frequent flyer miles worth causing the demise of a wonderful airline product? It you like a product, you should support the product or it will not be around much longer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.