Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

LGW-SGN via ASB on T5, $326 OW and $653 RT

LGW-SGN via ASB on T5, $326 OW and $653 RT

Old May 25, 2024, 2:07 pm
  #16  
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: London
Programs: LH SEN, SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Posts: 5,195
Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton

Are you able to force a stopover of between 3-7 days on these fares?
I havenít been able to do so.
jms_uk is online now  
Old Jun 12, 2024, 9:27 am
  #17  
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: SJC / DPS
Programs: AS G100K, UA Silver
Posts: 1,781
Boarding my LGW-ASB flight now. Loads are *light*. 25pax total
SPN Lifer, jfkeze, jms_uk and 2 others like this.
pushmyredbutton is online now  
Old Jun 12, 2024, 9:32 am
  #18  
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: London
Programs: LH SEN, SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Posts: 5,195
Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton
Boarding my LGW-ASB flight now. Loads are *light*. 25pax total
Enjoy!

Ask someone in ASB if they are planning to sell tickets after October any time soon.
jms_uk is online now  
Old Jun 13, 2024, 5:42 am
  #19  
 
Join Date: Feb 2022
Posts: 18
Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton
Boarding my LGW-ASB flight now. Loads are *light*. 25pax total
Did you book via the website on this thread or another? Hard to keep track of which website is legit for T5 as heard many people have been scammed with fake agents
Ollie Hong is offline  
Old Jun 13, 2024, 7:37 pm
  #20  
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: SJC / DPS
Programs: AS G100K, UA Silver
Posts: 1,781
Wrote my first trip report over in that forum with some pics
I'm glad I did this trip, but won't do it again
SPN Lifer, mlbcard, GoBob and 5 others like this.
pushmyredbutton is online now  
Old Jun 14, 2024, 4:27 am
  #21  
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: London
Programs: LH SEN, SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Posts: 5,195
Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton
Wrote my first trip report over in that forum with some pics
I'm glad I did this trip, but won't do it again
Thank you for the well written (first) report - entertaining read!

I just hope they keep these (or similar) prices for the winter schedule... very annoying that nothing can't be booked past October.

Last edited by jms_uk; Jul 4, 2024 at 12:09 am
jms_uk is online now  
Old Jul 3, 2024, 4:04 pm
  #22  
 
Join Date: Feb 2022
Posts: 18
Going to be booking LGW - PEK for end of the month... 40 min connection time in ASB, let's hope I won't get stuck in Ashgabat for 5 days...
Ollie Hong is offline  
Old Jul 4, 2024, 2:57 am
  #23  
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Caerdydd
Posts: 1,989
Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton
Not true for Australian and US passport holders if you're connecting <24 hours and not leaving the airport.
If you can somehow force a longer layover 3-7 days, you can apply for a coveted transit visa which will allow you to explore a bit without a guide.
My reading of the Transit Visa rules is that it's a maximum of 5 days including arrival and departure.
JimmyTheJock is offline  
Old Jul 4, 2024, 3:47 am
  #24  
 
Join Date: Feb 2024
Location: Everywhere there's sport
Programs: IB+ Oro (OWS) / FB / SQ
Posts: 482
Originally Posted by Ollie Hong
Going to be booking LGW - PEK for end of the month... 40 min connection time in ASB, let's hope I won't get stuck in Ashgabat for 5 days...
With so few flights through ASB, and their reluctance at admitting people to the country, I would assume they would hold the PEK flight until you've boarded.
chacor is offline  
Old Jul 4, 2024, 6:52 am
  #25  
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: SJC / DPS
Programs: AS G100K, UA Silver
Posts: 1,781
Originally Posted by chacor
With so few flights through ASB, and their reluctance at admitting people to the country, I would assume they would hold the PEK flight until you've boarded.
I wonder what would happen if the LGW-ASB flight was delayed at departure by 1+ hours. Would they still let you board knowing you'd misconnect in a country where you wouldn't be allowed entrance, while waiting a week?
pushmyredbutton is online now  
Old Jul 5, 2024, 3:49 am
  #26  
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Programs: Starbucks Gold
Posts: 187
I am looking at BKK-FRA flight on the website. I see a banner scroll that says that for passengers travelling in transit, visa is not required. Might be a new development ? Makes this airline a little better ? BKK-FRA one way $218 with included check in baggage seems a good deal.

Bob


Last edited by Bob Saccamano; Jul 5, 2024 at 3:55 am
Bob Saccamano is offline  
Old Jul 5, 2024, 5:11 am
  #27  
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: London
Programs: LH SEN, SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Posts: 5,195
Originally Posted by Bob Saccamano
I am looking at BKK-FRA flight on the website. I see a banner scroll that says that for passengers travelling in transit, visa is not required. Might be a new development ? Makes this airline a little better ? BKK-FRA one way $218 with included check in baggage seems a good deal.

Bob
That is just for staying at the airport.
SPN Lifer likes this.
jms_uk is online now  
Old Jul 7, 2024, 6:52 am
  #28  
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: London
Programs: LH SEN, SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Posts: 5,195
Does anyone have a suggestion how to book a one way with a stopover?

@Ollie Hong does your (Manage my) booking allows changes of dates per segment?
jms_uk is online now  
Old Jul 10, 2024, 10:28 am
  #29  
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: NYC, SCQ
Posts: 107
Looks like they've loaded the schedule through the end of March

Same prices for every date I've checked:
MXP-ASB-KUL $344 ; return flight $333
MXP-ASB-SGN $229 ; return flight $337
Flies weekly on Wednesdays

To BKK on Saturdays $232 with J at $916 ; return $334 and $874 for J

dcas is online now  
Old Jul 10, 2024, 12:24 pm
  #30  
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: London
Programs: LH SEN, SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Posts: 5,195
Originally Posted by dcas
Looks like they've loaded the schedule through the end of March

Same prices for every date I've checked:
MXP-ASB-KUL $344 ; return flight $333
MXP-ASB-SGN $229 ; return flight $337
Flies weekly on Wednesdays

To BKK on Saturdays $232 with J at $916 ; return $334 and $874 for J
Just be careful if booking imminently - I think they are still loading it in.

I have seen some flights move days yesterday and the day before.

Also, it looks like the one way with a stopover is more expensive than buying two separate one ways
jms_uk is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.