Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

Aeromexico Y+: LAX to NRT from $881 and earn 4279 MQDs!

Old Feb 18, 2022, 6:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold

This is a Mileage Run in the purest sense, it's in Aeromexico AM Plus which is basically regular Economy with additional leg-room, the seats seem to be regular Y seats but sold as some form of Premium Economy, which makes this attractive. They book into W class which is a Full Economy fare and earns 125% of Distance as MQMs and 25% of Distance as MQDs. So if willing to risk a flight that may or may not operate MEX-NRT, a country that may or may not be open in November Japan and then of course just fly in a Coach seat but for a massive number of MQDs at a great rate then this deal is for you...

LAX-NRT would earn 25671 MQMs 4279 MQDs 4.86 MQD Ratio while Delta Diamond members would obtain 41929 RDMs, Platinum 35084 RDMs, Gold 31661 RDMs, Silver 28238 RDMs, Base 21393 RDMs

Book Flights Here!

Aeromexico AM Plus Boeing 737/787

The following link is a blog/website/social media page in which I have a financial interest. If you click on this link, cookies will be added to your device for an extended period of time and I may gain monetary returns if you follow this link or any other link on the blog/website/social media page. Source: My site PremiumCabin.Deals
Pocatello likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 8:42 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Unobtainium, Delta Diamond
thanks for posting this deal.

It's a great price and a great MQD ration for those of us needing the MQDs with Delta. Thanks! I'm going to pass this one up... but it does get me dreaming.
DeltaGoldLass likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 9:35 pm

If you don't want to spend a week in Tokyo, it's 872 for a two day trip. Also btw Aeromexico W on Delta is 150% MQM, but I guess in your calculation you included that

Either way if you are going for Delta, this deal is better than LAX-JNB with less time on a plane

Last edited by uporito; Feb 18, 2022 at 9:47 pm
Old Feb 19, 2022, 5:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by uporito
If you don't want to spend a week in Tokyo, it's 872 for a two day trip. Also btw Aeromexico W on Delta is 150% MQM, but I guess in your calculation you included that

Either way if you are going for Delta, this deal is better than LAX-JNB with less time on a plane
yeap you can be back in under 60 hours... Although you need Japan to be open since you wouldn't be allowed on board if the country is closed...

WiFi onboard so you are not away from the world...

Wednesday Nov 23 to Friday 25

Also if the fare is around in a few weeks we can see what available around MLK Day for quick turns and 2023 MQDs.
Pocatello and DeltaGoldLass like this.
Old Feb 19, 2022, 4:52 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Just be aware that you have to go through passport control to enter Mexico in order to change planes at MEX. Which according to many posters can be less than pleasant.
Markie likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2022, 7:58 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, AS 100K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by EmailKid
Just be aware that you have to go through passport control to enter Mexico in order to change planes at MEX. Which according to many posters can be less than pleasant.
I just went through passport control a few weeks ago in MEX, no issues, they were extremely friendly.
jjmiller69 and jjbiv like this.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 8:41 am

Programs: Frontier 100k; AA ExPlat; LATAM Black; *A Gold ; SkyTeam Elite+
Same, no issues with passport control twice in the past two months. Line moves at a decent pace (or no line for one of my trips). I guess it helps if you can speak some Spanish.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 10:45 am
Original Poster

From my understanding, Int2Int transfers work similar to that of the US, pass immigration, collect bags, customs (do they still have the Traffic light Red/Green for full customs button?), security, etc... So not that different than an I2I in the USA, also if someone booked the same-day turn in NRT doubt they would have more than a carry-on.

From an airport perspective, both boarding passes should be printed either online or at the airport (Covid checks, etc), so at MEX it's a matter of following signs (Conexin or Transito Internacional,etc), would I schedule a 60 min connection (not sure what MCT is off the top my head) probably not, but 120 would probably be enough and as in most airports if a flight is running behind you can always ask nicely and sometimes move towards the front of the line, etc (with or without MEX airport staff)

The real question is whether Japan will be open in October/November (sidebar: technically this fare is available in Dec/Jan but at 2500+ versus 900), Australia opened today, Singapore is starting to open up, one could argue that if there isn't another massive spike (Omicron v3?) we could see non-China markets (that's a whole different ball game - mainland and HKG) start to be open by late 2022...
jjmiller69 and Pocatello like this.
Old Mar 9, 2022, 7:20 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond
English speaking traveler here. Made the trek twice late last year. Very smooth process. Granted it wasn't terribly busy at the time, but overall nothing stood out as unpleasant.
DeltaGoldLass likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2022, 5:13 pm

Did anyone purchase this fare? I bought this far earlier this year, and I still have it, but when I go to look at flights from LAX to NRT on AM I'm not seeing anything pop up on ITA-Matrix, Google Flights, or even AM.
Old Oct 4, 2022, 8:51 pm

AM just cancelled this flight for 11/13-11/15.
Old Dec 6, 2022, 1:14 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion, Marriot Platinum Elite
How did you find that routing in Google Flights? When I search LAX-NRT round trip it does not give me an option for AeroMexico. I can only do this if I book it as multi-day.
Old Dec 6, 2022, 5:11 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by Day2Daze
How did you find that routing in Google Flights? When I search LAX-NRT round trip it does not give me an option for AeroMexico. I can only do this if I book it as multi-day.
This was originally posted in February.

Things change .......
Old Dec 7, 2022, 5:41 am

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion, Marriot Platinum Elite
Saw that but then was curious if it was possible.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.