Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Skyteam: Milan (LIN) to RIO €187

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2020, 11:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver

Seems wide availability:

https://www.skyscanner.net/transport...electediday=27
Old Apr 21, 2020, 11:50 am

Programs: DL Gold, AS MVP Gold
Its an error fare. I have booked it, fare structure shows no fuel surcharge, despite according to ita matrix, it should have 200EUR fuel surcharge. I booked through german OTA, on the ticket, the point of sale is Norway. There is a chance of cancellation, don't book positioning flights or non-refundable hotel stays yet.
Old Apr 21, 2020, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by e30st
Its an error fare. I have booked it, fare structure shows no fuel surcharge, despite according to ita matrix, it should have 200EUR fuel surcharge. I booked through german OTA, on the ticket, the point of sale is Norway. There is a chance of cancellation, don't book positioning flights or non-refundable hotel stays yet.
Exactly because of what you say it's not an error far but simply a sharp ota group that "accidentally" forgot to charge the fuel surcharge. On which stock is ticketed? Should be AF...
Old Apr 21, 2020, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by Sciamano
On which stock is ticketed? Should be AF...
Good question, sorry I missed that: 045, LATAM ticket.

Technically yeah, an OTA glitch, which is still sort of an error fare, so there is a significant chance that these will be cancelled. What I meant is just that its not a promo fare, or special discount, it really should be twice the price.
Old Apr 21, 2020, 12:13 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Exactly because of what you say it's not an error far but simply a sharp ota group that "accidentally" forgot to charge the fuel surcharge. On which stock is ticketed? Should be AF...
Yeah that is how it looks but Priceline is also pricing it out. For some dates Expedia also prices it.

Last edited by NextWhiteDeath; Apr 21, 2020 at 12:17 pm Reason: Made a mistake
Old Apr 21, 2020, 12:20 pm

So looking into the booking classes and such. It is a good price if you want to go to south America. Not the best for millage running as it books into deep discounted tickets and such earn very little miles. (25% by the looks of it)
Old Apr 21, 2020, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by NextWhiteDeath
Yeah that is how it looks but Priceline is also pricing it out. For some dates Expedia also prices it.
That's interesting
Old Apr 21, 2020, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by NextWhiteDeath
So looking into the booking classes and such. It is a good price if you want to go to south America. Not the best for millage running as it books into deep discounted tickets and such earn very little miles. (25% by the looks of it)
However its a great status run for DL. Every segment earns 100% MQM.
Old Apr 21, 2020, 12:53 pm

However its a great status run for DL. Every segment earns 100% MQM.
Ok I was looking at wheretocredit and it showed only 3k miles for the round trip. I have some miles with Delta but not much so have not been looking into getting the statues and best partners. I personally wont be taking this deal. I currently don't want to go to Brazil and only doing it for the MQM feel like too much time in economy. If there where redeemable mile to earn as well I would have flown it.
Old Apr 21, 2020, 1:28 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, AS MVP

Why charge fuel surcharges anyway when there is a negative price
Old Apr 21, 2020, 2:32 pm

Is on the reservation/ticket (issued?) the name of the fare?
Old Apr 21, 2020, 2:41 pm

Is on the reservation/ticket (issued?) the name of the fare?
What do you mean by the name of the fare? The fare basis code is XS53MML7, but its also visible if you look through matrix.
etix is issued, confirmed, all operators see it, i was able to choose seats (for free because of status)
Old Apr 21, 2020, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by Granite64
Why charge fuel surcharges anyway when there is a negative price
That assume they have ever truly been connected with fuel prices hahahaha
Old Apr 21, 2020, 2:53 pm

Thumbs up

What do you mean by the name of the fare? The fare basis code is XS53MML7, but its also visible if you look through matrix.
etix is issued, confirmed, all operators see it, i was able to choose seats (for free because of status)
I mean if the fare is the one you see on matrix and suppose to be that one or if it's clearly stated on your ticket.

Last edited by Sciamano; Apr 21, 2020 at 2:58 pm
Old Apr 21, 2020, 3:24 pm

Programs: aegean gold , klm explorer
And remeber, you wouldnt actualy need to go to Milan.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.