Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

Skyteam: Milan (LIN) to RIO 187

Skyteam: Milan (LIN) to RIO 187

Old Apr 21, 20, 11:30 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: LHR
Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG PLT (LT Gold), TK Gold, M&M S, BA Silver, Hyatt Dia
Posts: 4,651
Skyteam: Milan (LIN) to RIO 187

Seems wide availability:

https://www.skyscanner.net/transport...electediday=27
ExpatSomchai is offline  
Old Apr 21, 20, 11:50 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: BUD
Programs: DL Gold, AS MVP Gold, TK Elite Plus
Posts: 85
Its an error fare. I have booked it, fare structure shows no fuel surcharge, despite according to ita matrix, it should have 200EUR fuel surcharge. I booked through german OTA, on the ticket, the point of sale is Norway. There is a chance of cancellation, don't book positioning flights or non-refundable hotel stays yet.
e30st is offline  
Old Apr 21, 20, 11:59 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: FCO
Posts: 419
Originally Posted by e30st View Post
Its an error fare. I have booked it, fare structure shows no fuel surcharge, despite according to ita matrix, it should have 200EUR fuel surcharge. I booked through german OTA, on the ticket, the point of sale is Norway. There is a chance of cancellation, don't book positioning flights or non-refundable hotel stays yet.
Exactly because of what you say it's not an error far but simply a sharp ota group that "accidentally" forgot to charge the fuel surcharge. On which stock is ticketed? Should be AF...
Sciamano is offline  
Old Apr 21, 20, 12:10 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: BUD
Programs: DL Gold, AS MVP Gold, TK Elite Plus
Posts: 85
Originally Posted by Sciamano View Post
On which stock is ticketed? Should be AF...
Good question, sorry I missed that: 045, LATAM ticket.

Technically yeah, an OTA glitch, which is still sort of an error fare, so there is a significant chance that these will be cancelled. What I meant is just that its not a promo fare, or special discount, it really should be twice the price.
e30st is offline  
Old Apr 21, 20, 12:13 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Aarhus, DK
Posts: 277
Originally Posted by Sciamano View Post
Exactly because of what you say it's not an error far but simply a sharp ota group that "accidentally" forgot to charge the fuel surcharge. On which stock is ticketed? Should be AF...
Yeah that is how it looks but Priceline is also pricing it out. For some dates Expedia also prices it.

Last edited by NextWhiteDeath; Apr 21, 20 at 12:17 pm Reason: Made a mistake
NextWhiteDeath is offline  
Old Apr 21, 20, 12:20 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Aarhus, DK
Posts: 277
So looking into the booking classes and such. It is a good price if you want to go to south America. Not the best for millage running as it books into deep discounted tickets and such earn very little miles. (25% by the looks of it)
NextWhiteDeath is offline  
Old Apr 21, 20, 12:29 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: FCO
Posts: 419
Originally Posted by NextWhiteDeath View Post
Yeah that is how it looks but Priceline is also pricing it out. For some dates Expedia also prices it.
That's interesting
Sciamano is offline  
Old Apr 21, 20, 12:30 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: BUD
Programs: DL Gold, AS MVP Gold, TK Elite Plus
Posts: 85
Originally Posted by NextWhiteDeath View Post
So looking into the booking classes and such. It is a good price if you want to go to south America. Not the best for millage running as it books into deep discounted tickets and such earn very little miles. (25% by the looks of it)
However its a great status run for DL. Every segment earns 100% MQM.
e30st is offline  
Old Apr 21, 20, 12:53 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Aarhus, DK
Posts: 277
Originally Posted by e30st View Post
However its a great status run for DL. Every segment earns 100% MQM.
Ok I was looking at wheretocredit and it showed only 3k miles for the round trip. I have some miles with Delta but not much so have not been looking into getting the statues and best partners. I personally wont be taking this deal. I currently don't want to go to Brazil and only doing it for the MQM feel like too much time in economy. If there where redeemable mile to earn as well I would have flown it.
NextWhiteDeath is offline  
Old Apr 21, 20, 1:28 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Programs: Star Alliance Gold, AS MVP
Posts: 638
Originally Posted by e30st View Post
Its an error fare. I have booked it, fare structure shows no fuel surcharge, despite according to ita matrix, it should have 200EUR fuel surcharge. I booked through german OTA, on the ticket, the point of sale is Norway. There is a chance of cancellation, don't book positioning flights or non-refundable hotel stays yet.

Why charge fuel surcharges anyway when there is a negative price
Granite64 is offline  
Old Apr 21, 20, 2:32 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: FCO
Posts: 419
Originally Posted by e30st View Post
Its an error fare. I have booked it, fare structure shows no fuel surcharge, despite according to ita matrix, it should have 200EUR fuel surcharge. I booked through german OTA, on the ticket, the point of sale is Norway. There is a chance of cancellation, don't book positioning flights or non-refundable hotel stays yet.
Is on the reservation/ticket (issued?) the name of the fare?
Sciamano is offline  
Old Apr 21, 20, 2:41 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: BUD
Programs: DL Gold, AS MVP Gold, TK Elite Plus
Posts: 85
Originally Posted by Sciamano View Post
Is on the reservation/ticket (issued?) the name of the fare?
What do you mean by the name of the fare? The fare basis code is XS53MML7, but its also visible if you look through matrix.
etix is issued, confirmed, all operators see it, i was able to choose seats (for free because of status)
e30st is offline  
Old Apr 21, 20, 2:48 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Aarhus, DK
Posts: 277
Originally Posted by Granite64 View Post
Why charge fuel surcharges anyway when there is a negative price
That assume they have ever truly been connected with fuel prices hahahaha
NextWhiteDeath is offline  
Old Apr 21, 20, 2:53 pm
  #14  
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: FCO
Posts: 419
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by e30st View Post
What do you mean by the name of the fare? The fare basis code is XS53MML7, but its also visible if you look through matrix.
etix is issued, confirmed, all operators see it, i was able to choose seats (for free because of status)
I mean if the fare is the one you see on matrix and suppose to be that one or if it's clearly stated on your ticket.

Last edited by Sciamano; Apr 21, 20 at 2:58 pm
Sciamano is offline  
Old Apr 21, 20, 3:24 pm
  #15  
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Programs: aegean gold , klm explorer
Posts: 175
And remeber, you wouldnt actualy need to go to Milan.
Yreal is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: