Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

Good Deals” in Economy Class - Excellent Fares Between Certain City Pairs - 2020

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2020, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
2019!

Please use this thread to post or to follow Economy Fares which are 'Good Deals' but where the cost per mile is more than 3-4 cents per mile, which is the usual upper limit for what is considered a true 'MR Deal'.

A few requests for posting in the thread:
  • When posting 'Good deals' fares: please post the city pairs/airport codes and pricing in the body of the post and not just in the post title as it isn't visible for those reading it on mobile devices.
  • Note that you can subscribe to this thread: go to "Thread Tools" at the top of the thread and click on "Subscribe to this thread".
  • This is not a fare request thread. Any fare requests will be deleted.
  • This is not a how to book a fare thread.

Previous 'Good Deals' in Economy threads:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mile...rs-2019-a.html
”Good Deals” in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2018
”Good Deals” in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2017
"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2016
"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2015
"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2014
"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2013
"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2012
"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2011
"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2010

Happy travels throughout 2020 to all!

Pat89339 and the Mileage Run Moderators
Print Wikipost

Good Deals” in Economy Class - Excellent Fares Between Certain City Pairs - 2020

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2020, 12:11 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
DTW to Paris for 290-330 RT depending on Air Canada, United, and Lufthansa. Lots of availability on dates for dates in February to late April/May and starting again in September through the end of the year. This price only includes a carry on so pack light!
Old Feb 17, 2020, 12:44 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by Cthunder86
DTW to Paris for 290-330 RT depending on Air Canada, United, and Lufthansa. Lots of availability on dates for dates in February to late April/May and starting again in September through the end of the year. This price only includes a carry on so pack light!
Where are you finding this? I can't seem to find this route at that price.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 12:55 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by YYCNoob
Where are you finding this? I can't seem to find this route at that price.
yeh it wouldn’t let me find it if you searched directly with Paris
so search Detroit to Europe using one week dates over six months->then look for Paris and you should be able to see the dates. So first search destination as Europe and look for Paris

YYCNoob likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 5:48 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
If anyone gets this Paris thing to ticket, let me know. All the blogs had SEA-CDG, granted they showed like a couple months availability, I'm looking for end of Oct return early Nov. I did my searching, found LOTS of great prices, all of which skyrocketed when I went to pay. I tried looking for the DTW thing (way less appealing than SEA as I'm YVR based, but I can position) and didn't find prices anywhere close to the "advertised" rate.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by drvannostren
If anyone gets this Paris thing to ticket, let me know. All the blogs had SEA-CDG, granted they showed like a couple months availability, I'm looking for end of Oct return early Nov. I did my searching, found LOTS of great prices, all of which skyrocketed when I went to pay. I tried looking for the DTW thing (way less appealing than SEA as I'm YVR based, but I can position) and didn't find prices anywhere close to the "advertised" rate.
Can you please share what blogs you typically use to find such deals? Thanks. Per my search, it seems the aforementioned DTW-CDG deal is expired.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 8:02 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Originally Posted by wanderingtraveler
Can you please share what blogs you typically use to find such deals? Thanks. Per my search, it seems the aforementioned DTW-CDG deal is expired.
I'll send you a PM, I think they frown upon mentioning the blogs outwardly iirc
wanderingtraveler likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2020, 9:00 pm

Air North (4N) surprises me again with very specific one-off routes and deals - remember, the fare includes two pieces of checked luggage (up to 45 kg combined weight, no more than 32 kg per piece), soft drinks, a snack, and a comfortable seat pitch. No miles to be earned.

YOW Ottawa to YHZ Halifax CAD 159 on July 9, 17, and 18

YHZ Halifax to YOW Ottawa CAD 153 on July 10, 12, and 13

YHZ Halifax to YVR Vancouver (stop in YOW) CAD 337 on July 10

YVR Vancouver to YHZ Halifax (refuelling stop in YWG) CAD 334 on July 18

YXY Whitehorse to YHZ Halifax (stops in YZF and YOW) CAD 399 on July 9, 17, 18

YHZ Halifax to YXY Whitehorse (stops in YOW and YZF) CAD 429 on July 12, 13

There are also flights from YZF Yellowknife to YHZ Halifax and from YHZ Halifax to YZF Yellowknife on some of those days, but I haven't checked the prices.

July 18, you can also fly from YXY to YHZ with a plane chage in YVR, but you have to book that over the phone with Air North.

Last edited by sokolov; Mar 9, 2020 at 10:53 pm
Old Mar 10, 2020, 8:09 pm

drvannostren

can u please let me know the same information...if u don't mind...thanks in advance....
Old Mar 10, 2020, 10:24 pm

Oh, Air North unveiled another one, already departing in a few days:

March 14 YOW to YXY: CAD 370
March 22 YXY to YOW: CAD 319
These are nonstop, which is unusual for this route. Price includes 2 checked bags, a meal, softdrinks - and zero change fee!

Shorter flights:
YVR to YLW for just CAD 89!
March 22, April 19, 23

YLW to YVR for CAD 94
April 16, 23, 30

Last edited by sokolov; Mar 10, 2020 at 11:04 pm
Old Mar 11, 2020, 11:07 am

Programs: SkyMiles, United
SAN-DTW RT economy $118
Old Mar 11, 2020, 2:24 pm

Air North just added a 20% off sale got flights from April 14 to September 2, which makes some of the above-mentioned flights even cheaper. Book by Match 19.

However, I'm not sure if the current zero-change-fee offer applies to the discounted tickets.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 7:23 am

Smile Westjet - 4 one way trips to LGW for < $300US.

Use Flighthub. Neither Expedia (changes all segments to same date) or Orbitz (error on payment) work. Flights must be within a couple weeks of each other. But Flighthub charges $75 to cancel within 24 hours, so need to be sure before paying. Also, Westjet says it will now cancel flights for 30 days from March 23rd.

$40 more from Calgary:

Last edited by GeraldHouse; Mar 17, 2020 at 5:38 am Reason: Unbookable.... but Flighthub worked.
Old Apr 7, 2020, 5:41 am

Programs: TK Elite+, SPG Plat, Jetsmarter
TAP is having its oneway US-EU sale again.
Seeing SFO-(LIS)-LGW in the as low as 99USD, a bunch of other stuff available as well. Pretty wide open from SEPT till EOS, some earlier dates too.

Books into O so not really any miles.
ClassActTH14 likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2020, 3:12 pm

Programs: TK Elite+, SPG Plat, Jetsmarter
Not much going on here these days

JFK-(PTY-)AUA ow on Copa for ~65USD. Pretty wide open. ~2900 BIS and 100% on Aeroplan and SK
ClassActTH14 likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2020, 4:44 am

Programs: BA Gold, AY Gold
Originally Posted by nilsrtw
Not much going on here these days

JFK-(PTY-)AUA ow on Copa for ~65USD. Pretty wide open. ~2900 BIS and 100% on Aeroplan and SK
Even less from MIA, around 40USD/EUR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.