Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

UA Mileage Run - WAS/DEN $91 round trip

Old Dec 3, 19, 1:41 pm
Original Poster

I've just realized I needs 4 United segments in order to retain my status with United as I've been using other Stars Alliance partner airlines to credit to United. Time was short as I only have few weeks, but found interesting mileage run from Washington DC to Denver. Can be same day turn as well for $161 in Economy ($91 for basic economy). For the ticket I will accrual of 1,040 miles, 2,904 PQM | 2 PQS | 130 PQD

Available most days in December: https://www.google.com/flights/?gl=u...100*2.USD.9100

Other options is from Washington to Clarksburg or Staunton which requires over night stays, for 30 mins flights with the same $ amount but much less accrual mileage.
Ew/oQ likes this.
Old Dec 5, 19, 4:53 pm

Programs: FB, UA 1k, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold
Does a flight in basic economy counts for 1 flight of the 4 minimum or 1/2 a flight (like segments?).
thanks

follow up: I just called premier desk and they confirmed itís 1/2 a flight credit in BE. Thatís important to know!

Last edited by gman67; Dec 5, 19 at 5:04 pm
Old Dec 5, 19, 6:54 pm
Original Poster

I donít think so. Basic economy is not count toward eligibility segment
Old Dec 5, 19, 8:26 pm

Programs: Skyteam
Originally Posted by gman67 View Post
Does a flight in basic economy counts for 1 flight of the 4 minimum or 1/2 a flight (like segments?).
thanks

follow up: I just called premier desk and they confirmed itís 1/2 a flight credit in BE. Thatís important to know!
You're right, it's 0.5 segment per flight for BE
Old Dec 8, 19, 1:18 pm

An idea would be to buy direct flight and same day change to flights with connection and that would help to increase the segments needed. To do that you would need to make sure that you don't buy the basic economy ticket.
Old Dec 9, 19, 7:18 am
Original Poster

Just a report back from the run. It was quiet night, both flights were on time. Security in IAD was with empty lines at 6.30 pm. DEN was so empty at 9.30 and most of restaurant were closed, no Priority Pass lounge at this airport.

I got upgrade both flights to first class, but nothing worth to note except a welcome drink before the flight.

Mission accomplished.
junglematt, af fp and ccna101 like this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: