Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

Frontier "99% off" thru 11/25 (book by 11/11) ex: ATL-LAS $72 RT 2.1 cents per EQM

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Frontier "99% off" thru 11/25 (book by 11/11) ex: ATL-LAS $72 RT 2.1 cents per EQM

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2019, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.

I know that Frontier sales aren't unusual, but as a frequent watcher of those and bottom-fisher I can attest that the current 99% BOOKNOW one is likely at or near a year's-best on deals it produces. Link to T&C page.

It appears to apply to most routes for flights between now and 11/25 with a 3-day advance. Not only are the fares on the non-stops near rock-bottom for what they'll do, but I also see Fridays and Sundays available.

As an example, I booked ATL-LAS leaving Fri. Nov. 22 and coming back late Sun. Nov. 24 (technically the Monday red-eye) at $72.36 RT a-i. While the $72 might be possible at other times of the year, getting it for a Friday-Sunday (they also had Thursday-Sunday) is very unusual, and most of their sales have one or both of those days excluded. ATL-SFO-ATL was also available for the same price on different days.

On mileage, Frontier still has a distance-based program and the elite status at 20K annually is a good deal if you fly them much, as you get a free carry-on and a chance at the stretch seats. Awards start at 10K one-way. Expiration is too aggressive, though worst-case you can buy magazine subscriptions.

I'm also hoping they bring back the "No-Stresstivus" deal from last year where you could register for 3X miles for the super-slow days outside the Thanksgiving and Christmas rush. The bonus miles also counted toward status and sales were plentiful, so you could get status on just 2 long transcons. I used it to get 50K status.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 7:37 pm

Programs: Skyteam
Originally Posted by RustyC
I know that Frontier sales aren't unusual, but as a frequent watcher of those and bottom-fisher I can attest that the current 99% BOOKNOW one is likely at or near a year's-best on deals it produces. Link to T&C page.

It appears to apply to most routes for flights between now and 11/25 with a 3-day advance. Not only are the fares on the non-stops near rock-bottom for what they'll do, but I also see Fridays and Sundays available.

As an example, I booked ATL-LAS leaving Fri. Nov. 22 and coming back late Sun. Nov. 24 (technically the Monday red-eye) at $72.36 RT a-i. While the $72 might be possible at other times of the year, getting it for a Friday-Sunday (they also had Thursday-Sunday) is very unusual, and most of their sales have one or both of those days excluded. ATL-SFO-ATL was also available for the same price on different days.

On mileage, Frontier still has a distance-based program and the elite status at 20K annually is a good deal if you fly them much, as you get a free carry-on and a chance at the stretch seats. Awards start at 10K one-way. Expiration is too aggressive, though worst-case you can buy magazine subscriptions.

I'm also hoping they bring back the "No-Stresstivus" deal from last year where you could register for 3X miles for the super-slow days outside the Thanksgiving and Christmas rush. The bonus miles also counted toward status and sales were plentiful, so you could get status on just 2 long transcons. I used it to get 50K status.
The 3X promotion is back for flights until Dec 19th. Must be booked by Dec 14th.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 11:53 pm

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K
Huh - I never knew Frontier even had a FF program. Learn something new everyday on FT
Old Dec 11, 2019, 12:08 am

Programs: BA, JAL
Wow sounds amazing. Good luck everyone. Not something I can use it but it sounds great!
Old Dec 11, 2019, 4:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
Originally Posted by RollAnotherFatOne
Wow sounds amazing. Good luck everyone. Not something I can use it but it sounds great!
There's a thread over in the Frontier forum but maybe I should have put one here as well. The 3x miles that also count toward status IS a tremendous deal...you can get 20K status on just two transcons, and the fares are often low as well because their goal is to fill seats during the early December slow period. There's a link to the registration page in the thread on the Frontier forum.

I had about 27K EQMs before the promotion and am on track to requalify the 50K status (25% mileage bonus, half off DD and the biggie, ability to reserve stretch seats at time of booking, plus all the 20K perks like the free carry-on). Did a LAS RT with 26 hours on the ground last weekend and will do a rare (for me) "pure" MR to SFO this weekend to go over the top. Wish I could stay but work is too busy. The LAS and SFO tickets were each about $90 RT a-i when bought on sale.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 5:16 am

There's a thread over in the Frontier forum but maybe I should have put one here as well. The 3x miles that also count toward status IS a tremendous deal...you can get 20K status on just two transcons, and the fares are often low as well because their goal is to fill seats during the early December slow period. There's a link to the registration page in the thread on the Frontier forum.

I had about 27K EQMs before the promotion and am on track to requalify the 50K status (25% mileage bonus, half off DD and the biggie, ability to reserve stretch seats at time of booking, plus all the 20K perks like the free carry-on). Did a LAS RT with 26 hours on the ground last weekend and will do a rare (for me) "pure" MR to SFO this weekend to go over the top. Wish I could stay but work is too busy. The LAS and SFO tickets were each about $90 RT a-i when bought on sale.
I've read, if you buy tickets at the airport, you'll be avoiding the passenger usage service fee similar to spirit. Could potentially bring down costs.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by VBoogie
I've read, if you buy tickets at the airport, you'll be avoiding the passenger usage service fee similar to spirit. Could potentially bring down costs.
I'm not sure it stacks with all the online sales, though (especially any requiring the entering of a discount code). Maybe someone can speak to that. In my own case I'm about 35 miles from the airport, traffic in Atlanta can be brutal and they're not well set up to handle ticket sales there. In a smaller city like Greenville or Birmingham it's probably much less hassle
Old Dec 11, 2019, 11:12 am

I'm not sure it stacks with all the online sales, though (especially any requiring the entering of a discount code). Maybe someone can speak to that. In my own case I'm about 35 miles from the airport, traffic in Atlanta can be brutal and they're not well set up to handle ticket sales there. In a smaller city like Greenville or Birmingham it's probably much less hassle
Nope, online sale does not stack up. I am closer to the airport so buying at airport works out cheaper than online sales most times.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.