Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

Qf SIN-SYD-LAX/SFO $753 RT all-in

Old Jun 22, 19, 2:21 am
Original Poster

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones

OK, so way too much time in coach, but maybe there will be an opportunity to bid for an UPG? O fare still gets 100% on AS: 22792 EQM's (also BIS) and 51282 RDM's as MVPG75k. I've only found it on Cheapoair.com. If you're a MR junkie, looks like you could just about do a turnaround. SYD and LAX QF FC lounges (I'm also AA EXP,) with some combinations giving a decent amount of time on the ground, especially SFO flights outbound. OJ for about $790. Also got $4 back from eBates aka Rakutan and Cheapoair had another $10 off with their promo codes that keep changing.
Old Jun 22, 19, 4:36 am

Programs: HH Diamond, OZ Club Diamond, *A Gold, QFF Gold, BAEC Gold, OW Emerald
Would you be able to share an example link of this fare? I'm seeing it on Google Flights for around the same price, but nothing with a short turnaround. I didn't have much luck with CheapOair either.
Old Jun 22, 19, 7:58 am
Original Poster

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Originally Posted by rybylee View Post
Would you be able to share an example link of this fare? I'm seeing it on Google Flights for around the same price, but nothing with a short turnaround. I didn't have much luck with CheapOair either.
Need to play with the dates as Cheapoair is, well, cheap...

Last edited by rbAA; Jun 22, 19 at 4:49 pm
Old Jun 22, 19, 8:59 am

Programs: Starbucks Gold
Break in syd possible

In case you want a break from the long legs, you can take a break in syd for about $140 more. For just under $900 you can do two continent trip and get miles.

Bob
Old Sep 4, 19, 10:16 pm
Original Poster

Now as low as US$683 RT. Outbound via SYD return via MEL. I'll need to do another one in January so I can try the QF FC at MEL before my AA EXP expires.
Old Sep 4, 19, 10:33 pm

Programs: QF WP
Closest I can get through google flights is about $814 US

https://www.google.com/flights#flt=S...p:2.AUD.108060
Old Sep 5, 19, 1:12 am

Programs: Alaska
https://www.google.com/flights#flt=S...22*2.USD.68722

very good mileage run for Alaska with MVP gold and above.
pushmyredbutton likes this.
Old Sep 5, 19, 4:48 am

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Booked one of these for SIN-SYD-SFO-SYD-SIN at around $680. Priced at $730 on Google Flights, but you can use one of the sketchy Momondo OTAs to drop it by another $50.

Here's a few facts for the trip:

SIN-SFO (via SYD): 22,650 miles
Fare Class: O
Credits 100% to Alaska
MVP75k 125% Bonus: 28,313 miles
Total RDM: 50,963

I value AS miles at $0.015, so this is $764 worth of RDM for a $680 ticket, plus the 22,650 EQM at strictly 3cpm.

-AND-

If you were lucky enough to register for the Qantas Double Mile promotion earlier this year, you'd net 73,613 miles worth $1104 as a MVP75K at my above valuation.
Old Sep 5, 19, 5:07 am

Programs: Alaska
Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton View Post
Booked one of these for SIN-SYD-SFO-SYD-SIN at around $680. Priced at $730 on Google Flights, but you can use one of the sketchy Momondo OTAs to drop it by another $50.

Credits 100% to Alaska

I value AS miles at $0.015, so this is $764 worth of RDM for a $680 ticket, plus the 22,650 EQM at strictly 3cpm.

-AND-

If you were lucky enough to register for the Qantas Double Mile promotion earlier this year, you'd net 73,613 miles worth $1104 as a MVP75K at my above valuation.
not correct about Qantas double mile, only US-Australia R/T counts, Singapore - Australia does not have double mile
Old Sep 5, 19, 5:15 am

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by freed0m View Post
not correct about Qantas double mile, only US-Australia R/T counts, Singapore - Australia does not have double mile
I'm not sure that's entirely correct either, though. I just combed through the terms, and there's no provision for a roundtrip. Just that you have to be ticketed on a nonstop QF departure from SFO/LAX/DFW/JFK to SYD/MEL/BNE. With that said, it appears at the very least, you'd get double miles for the outbound US-Australia flight. Since the terms say double miles TO Australia, I'm less certain about any return flights, even if booked as a US-Australia roundtrip.

Oddly, since there's no nonstop flights between JFK and any Australian cities, there's a direct contradiction in the terms right there.

Has anyone registered for this promotion received credit yet?
Old Sep 5, 19, 8:48 pm

Programs: Qantas Frequent Flyer, KrisFlyer, Bonvoy (ugh), Mileage Plan
Pricing as low as $1000AUD on QF website but only for selected dates. ex via SYD rtn via MEL
Old Sep 6, 19, 3:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nancypants View Post
Closest I can get through google flights is about $814 US

https://www.google.com/flights#flt=S...p:2.AUD.108060
Click thru and look for the return price:

https://www.google.com/flights?hl=en...57*2.USD.68757
Old Sep 6, 19, 3:31 am

Programs: QF WP
Originally Posted by rbAA View Post
Click thru and look for the return price:

https://www.google.com/flights?hl=en...57*2.USD.68757
i wondered if it might be more of a point of sale or currency conversion issue, I mean itís still a pretty decent price
Old Sep 6, 19, 3:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton View Post

Credits 100% to Alaska

-AND-

I used CheapOAir and Priceline. SIN-SYD-LAX was 51302 RDM's and 22798 EQM's for AS MVPG75k. Plus it requalified me so got the additional 50k.
Old Sep 6, 19, 3:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nancypants View Post
i wondered if it might be more of a point of sale or currency conversion issue, I mean itís still a pretty decent price
There are any number of low fares ex-SIN. Can't seem to duplicate it out of BKK, where I'm located. Since I'm in BKK and there are no non-stops to the US, so I always have to stop some place, SIN looks good and SYD has a great QF FC lounge. Don't mind going the long way and there's usually my favorite coach seat available with recline like PE and unlimited legroom.
nancypants likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: