FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-deals-372/)
-   -   *A - NYC-LON one-way for $120... error fare alert? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-deals/1969494-nyc-lon-one-way-120-error-fare-alert.html)

Boogie711 May 13, 2019 7:54 am

*A - NYC-LON one-way for $120... error fare alert?

Hey folks - something weird is going on. I can't recreate it on Google Flights, but I'm seeing dates in the fall... one way, United Airlines, EWR to LHR, for $100, give or take a few bucks.

It appears to be only on Lufthansa Group codeshares. ie: Austrian, operated by United, October 23, $124.
Similar fares appear on a number of OTA's through March, but again, I can't find it on Google flights, just some OTA's. Some sort of error? No idea.

You can't book them with 016 ticket stock, it appears, and I suspect this would be a Basic Economy fare that accrues no miles? I have no idea if United offers basic economy on a codeshare to it's partners?

Anyway.... have at it?

flyer777lr May 13, 2019 8:06 am

i saw these Fares already 3-4 month ago from LAX to LHR on UA (Stock LH/OS/SN ) ...so these are special Tickets (Bulk) tickets no Mileage no Seats no nothing ....very cheap indeed ! Bookable on Exploretrip and Travel Merry ....

paperwastage May 13, 2019 8:15 am

KLX0ZLGT

Fare basis, issued on UA and lh, $13 RT

Whether you can actually find and book it (plus taxes/APD)

ADZ1616 May 14, 2019 1:12 am

These fares are real

These fares are not error fares and just low fares issued by United. They have availability in August 2019 still available on codeshare stock. I called united groups and was offered a group rate of $66 for a group of 10 pax on the same flights with UA stock so they are real.

Enjoy flying UA

Mrp Alert May 15, 2019 1:05 am

It is available at $95ow possibly cheaper on pure UA stock as a Bulk K fare.

UAEWR May 16, 2019 8:26 pm

I am only seeing TAP on Expedia for around $130 on October 23 and other dates. Are there any United issued or operated tickets for this price, and if so what dates?

FlyerTalker70 May 18, 2019 3:51 pm

It's an acceptable fare for a one-way, certainly nothing crazy as others may suggest. For instance, I'm flying LHR > SFO / EWR > LHR next month on UA and the fare ended up costing $300. While that may not seem as "cheap" as the fare you proposed (since the roundtrip would technically be $240) it's important to keep in mind that the UK imposes a passenger duty on flights leaving the UK for abroad of $100 so in-effect I'm paying $100 each-direction when one excludes this silly fee which I probably could have avoided have I taken the train in the opposite direction to Inverness!

Safe Travels,

James