Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

LAX/SFO/YVR/ORD-Asia $400 (MU/ST)

LAX/SFO/YVR/ORD-Asia $400 (MU/ST)

Old May 4, 2019, 2:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ryandelmundo
Any good deals end of June? I can't wait till 2020 to travel to Asia!
high $500's to low $700's in june, unfortunately.
and even worse, Google Flights is not our friend here. have to pick dates on OTA or skyscanner to get the best prices

Google flights is showing:

but skyscanner with dates (not calendar search)

So it's kind of a pain the find these..

oh.. i should mention that AC/UA/LH/LX/OS matched on some routes
ryandelmundo likes this.
Old May 6, 2019, 10:30 am

Fare price is going lower. Air Canada LAX-HKG $385
notiflyr likes this.
Old May 6, 2019, 5:54 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Recently booked an MU flight, I don't really have a problem with them or anything, I wish they departed YVR a little later so I could still work the night before but what can you do. My bigger issue is I wish more Star Alliance ones were available...the skyteam miles don't really appeal to me, and with star I'd get my lounge access and whatnot.
Old May 7, 2019, 6:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by drvannostren
Recently booked an MU flight, I don't really have a problem with them or anything, I wish they departed YVR a little later so I could still work the night before but what can you do. My bigger issue is I wish more Star Alliance ones were available...the skyteam miles don't really appeal to me, and with star I'd get my lounge access and whatnot.

Well, if you're interested in some Air China fares C1-C3, there are deals there, just not QUITE as good as the ones above

Here are a few routes they're running in this sale.

LAX MNL
NYC SHA
WAS KHI
NYC KHI
LAX KUL
NYC ISB
LAX SEL
WAS SIN
LAX HKG

EDIT: give me a few minutes I'll post a list for you

Last edited by notiflyr; May 7, 2019 at 6:23 am
Old May 7, 2019, 6:48 am
Original Poster

Here ya go: Star Alliance Fares:

AC to HKG is be best of the lot:

Example Link: https://www.skyscanner.com/transport...f=home#results

Los Angeles (LAX) to Bangkok (BKK) for $429
Los Angeles (LAX) to Mumbai (BOM) for $555
Los Angeles (LAX) to Jeju (CJU) for $530
Los Angeles (LAX) to Chiang Mai (CNX) for $542
Los Angeles (LAX) to Fukuoka (FUK) for $535
Los Angeles (LAX) to Hiroshima (HIJ) for $540
Los Angeles (LAX) to Hong Kong (HKG) for $377
Los Angeles (LAX) to Phuket (HKT) for $470
Los Angeles (LAX) to Jakarta (JKT) for $918
Los Angeles (LAX) to Karachi (KHI) for $606
Los Angeles (LAX) to Kuala Lumpur (KUL) for $510
Los Angeles (LAX) to Macau (MFM) for $591
Los Angeles (LAX) to Manila (MNL) for $413
Los Angeles (LAX) to Nagoya (NGO) for $593
Los Angeles (LAX) to Okinawa (OKA) for $535
Los Angeles (LAX) to Osaka (OSA) for $552
Los Angeles (LAX) to Phnom Penh (PNH) for $675
Los Angeles (LAX) to Busan (PUS) for $537
Los Angeles (LAX) to Yangon (RGN) for $518
Los Angeles (LAX) to Seoul (SEL) for $514
Los Angeles (LAX) to Ho Chi Minh City (SGN) for $479
Los Angeles (LAX) to Singapore (SIN) for $528
Los Angeles (LAX) to Taipei (TPE) for $508
Los Angeles (LAX) to Tokyo (TYO) for $542

Here's a link to my blog post with these fares: https://notiflyr.com/2019/05/07/star...-air-canada-2/
Old May 7, 2019, 10:41 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
I guess I should've clarified, star alliance ex-YVR. Can't win em all, still might book another one for MU, the prices aren't insane for MU, they go on sale from YVR lots same with CZ. CA does from time to time, but it's usually non-mileage earning fares or flash sales that don't really exist.

I've got no problem flying CA at all, I was pretty happy with my economy 77W experience, but the business class was pretty lame.

Good work on the posts btw.
notiflyr likes this.
Old May 7, 2019, 11:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by drvannostren
I guess I should've clarified, star alliance ex-YVR. Can't win em all, still might book another one for MU, the prices aren't insane for MU, they go on sale from YVR lots same with CZ. CA does from time to time, but it's usually non-mileage earning fares or flash sales that don't really exist.

I've got no problem flying CA at all, I was pretty happy with my economy 77W experience, but the business class was pretty lame.

Good work on the posts btw.
Thanks

You're right about CZ & YVR though.
Here's a neat one, good deal to Shandong area.
Also check CAN/DLC/NKG, as they're fairly close behind TAO in terms of *A Pricing.
Old May 7, 2019, 2:34 pm

IAD on DL or Delta partners? Higher then coach...Comfort/Premium ....back surgery

Hi...for some reason, don’t know if it’s my computer or my knowledge....I can’t find the great fares. I’m looking for DL or any partners with high returns on MQMs please. Need 50+

I’m looking for a quick turnaround as well as a little more leg room. Had back surgery, and when I didn’t have it...coach was tough for such long haul flights, so don’t even want to imagine now 🤦🏻.♀️.

Please if someone can help me anytime from now May till August...then after August 11, I can travel from MSP airport as I will be there for a wedding...then back from IAD from mid August till October November.

Any of these flights to get a good deal with great MQMs return. Possible a flight if I pay for premium or business just a few bucks more...that would give me double the MQMs on that one flight VS doing 2 of the same flights in coach to achieve the same same MQMs if that’s possible...and understandable?

Im a delta gold, and trying to achieve platinum or diamond (I know it’s a long shot...but going to try! But for now, I’ve the waiver covered as far as MQDs go.

So please if anyone can can help me on this deal from a flight from IAD...or if not, an airport to fly into and then go from there? If it’s cheaper to buy my Iad ticket to that airport...then book that separately to these destinations?

Thank you, trying to get a hang of this...but really need some help. As even China Eastern Airlines is hard for me to navigate for pricing especially my location IAD.
Old May 7, 2019, 2:57 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by khanmin
Hi...for some reason, don’t know if it’s my computer or my knowledge....I can’t find the great fares. I’m looking for DL or any partners with high returns on MQMs please. Need 50+

I’m looking for a quick turnaround as well as a little more leg room. Had back surgery, and when I didn’t have it...coach was tough for such long haul flights, so don’t even want to imagine now 🤦🏻.♀️.

Please if someone can help me anytime from now May till August...then after August 11, I can travel from MSP airport as I will be there for a wedding...then back from IAD from mid August till October November.

Any of these flights to get a good deal with great MQMs return. Possible a flight if I pay for premium or business just a few bucks more...that would give me double the MQMs on that one flight VS doing 2 of the same flights in coach to achieve the same same MQMs if that’s possible...and understandable?

Im a delta gold, and trying to achieve platinum or diamond (I know it’s a long shot...but going to try! But for now, I’ve the waiver covered as far as MQDs go.

So please if anyone can can help me on this deal from a flight from IAD...or if not, an airport to fly into and then go from there? If it’s cheaper to buy my Iad ticket to that airport...then book that separately to these destinations?

Thank you, trying to get a hang of this...but really need some help. As even China Eastern Airlines is hard for me to navigate for pricing especially my location IAD.
It is rare for MSP to get included in these as it is a Delta fortress. When they do appear it usually on Star Alliance. I would look at ORD, DEN, or west coast and take a cheap positioning flight.
Old May 8, 2019, 6:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Exiled in Express
It is rare for MSP to get included in these as it is a Delta fortress. When they do appear it usually on Star Alliance. I would look at ORD, DEN, or west coast and take a cheap positioning flight.
Very true words. MSP is like a deal island. I'm seeing no deals from there. Unless $700 barcelona is a deal lol
Sorry.

Grab a cheap F9 flight to DEN or MCO
Old May 9, 2019, 12:13 am

Originally Posted by notiflyr
Very true words. MSP is like a deal island. I'm seeing no deals from there. Unless $700 barcelona is a deal lol
Sorry.

Grab a cheap F9 flight to DEN or MCO
Omg...I thought I was going bonkers by not seeing anything from Msp and can’t find anything from there hardly ever!!!. I’m originally from Msp, and will be there in August for wedding...so thought I can fly out from that location and kill two birds with one stone. 😩

But I’m in IAD now til August, then back here from middle of August till next year! Any help from getting something out of here (IAD)...Anytime? Don’t care if it’s weekend or weekdays, with a quick turnaround if possible? Seem to not be able to pull up this deal from here either 😕Thank you guys!
Old May 9, 2019, 7:01 am
Original Poster

Omg...I thought I was going bonkers by not seeing anything from Msp and can’t find anything from there hardly ever!!!. I’m originally from Msp, and will be there in August for wedding...so thought I can fly out from that location and kill two birds with one stone. 😩

But I’m in IAD now til August, then back here from middle of August till next year! Any help from getting something out of here (IAD)...Anytime? Don’t care if it’s weekend or weekdays, with a quick turnaround if possible? Seem to not be able to pull up this deal from here either 😕Thank you guys!
I'd suggest to hang tight and wait on more winter fares (oct-dec season), they will help you
Right now there's not a whole lot out there..
WAS-NCE/PAR low 600s (meh)
WAS-Central America $300s (meh)
WAS-Bogota low 400s (bleh)
Skyteam is involved in the Scandinavia sale i posted about last night, just prices a little higher on most routes. 4 routes from WAS there
If it were me, I'd wait and be ready to jump on the winter seasonal fares.
Old May 9, 2019, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by notiflyr
I'd suggest to hang tight and wait on more winter fares (oct-dec season), they will help you
Right now there's not a whole lot out there..
WAS-NCE/PAR low 600s (meh)
WAS-Central America $300s (meh)
WAS-Bogota low 400s (bleh)
Skyteam is involved in the Scandinavia sale i posted about last night, just prices a little higher on most routes. 4 routes from WAS there
If it were me, I'd wait and be ready to jump on the winter seasonal fares.
Awe man...it bites but I’ll definitely take your suggestion! Any idea when winter sales may start? Thank you so much for your help and insight.
Old May 9, 2019, 3:07 pm
Original Poster

Awe man...it bites but I’ll definitely take your suggestion! Any idea when winter sales may start? Thank you so much for your help and insight.
Don't take my word for it, but usually summer is the time to see the best winter fares. End of summer, in my recollection, is usually when the best ones hit.
But, be ready to book asap, because the best deals don't last..
Old May 10, 2019, 6:02 am
Original Poster

DL, KL, AF, 3U, MF just joined this sale
SEA is now a departure

These should all price in the upper 400s' low 500s

SEA-KWE (Guiyang)
SEA-SIA (Xian)
SEA-CTU (Chengdu)
SEA-SYX (Sanya)
SEA-HGH (Hangzhou)
SEA-KHN (Nanchang)
SEA-WUH (Wuhan)
SEA-CGO (Zhengzhou)
SEA-KMG (Kunming)
SEA-NKG (Nanjing)
SEA-KWL (Guilin)
SEA-NNG (Nanning)

There are even some AS segments in there..

Last edited by notiflyr; May 10, 2019 at 6:26 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.