Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

TP : ex NYC/BOS to Europe $130 USD OW in Y

TP : ex NYC/BOS to Europe $130 USD OW in Y

Old Feb 26, 2019, 4:30 am

Also good prices from EU back to US on TP. Even in the high season.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 4:47 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Just bagged a weekend trip in April EWR-MAD for $243 all in. Probably the cheapest MAD flight I've ever bought.
Cthunder86 likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by j2simpso
The cheapest fares (cited above) book into O class which earns 0% PQM and RDM. However, it's possible to pay $30-$50 more OW to get a fare which will earn valuable PQM. In addition, not everyone cares about earning PQMs on such flights if the end goal is to position yourself to a UA HUB like, say, LHR where you can purchase a ton of K fares and do a bunch of MRs ex-Europe to get off the PQM treadmill early this year.

-James
Any idea what booking class a "Classic" fare books into?
Old Feb 26, 2019, 9:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by srodr
Just bagged a weekend trip in April EWR-MAD for $243 all in. Probably the cheapest MAD flight I've ever bought.
Just thought I'd point out that there's a train that'll take you direct from Philly to EWR (guessing you're already aware of it but just in case):
Amtrak Northeast Regional

Originally Posted by Xaroco
Any idea what booking class a "Classic" fare books into?
From what I'm reading on FT, I would assume that you'll always be booked into O. TP seems to be opaque in how they determine fare codes with some reporting a Classic fare being credited in the O fare class. Apparently, if you belong to their FFP it wouldn't matter what fare you choose you'll always earn some miles.

Safe Travels,

James
Old Feb 26, 2019, 10:19 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
I just wanna fly TP to cross it off my list. But the closest they fly is SFO and the prices don't seem to go nearly as low from there
Old Feb 26, 2019, 10:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
There is a lot of confusion about how these earn on various programs, see a post here for example:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29147689-post43.html

I would hope that a "classic" earns at least 50% in various programs. It seems to earn 100% on TAP.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 10:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by drvannostren
I just wanna fly TP to cross it off my list. But the closest they fly is SFO and the prices don't seem to go nearly as low from there
**cough** SFO>BCN for $360 USD roundtrip **cough**
kthomas and Brandinho1 like this.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 12:18 pm

So, I was considering buying this with the upgrade to 2 bags with the hopes of at least 50% A3 miles. I take it I shouldn't?
Old Feb 27, 2019, 12:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PRoth59
So, I was considering buying this with the upgrade to 2 bags with the hopes of at least 50% A3 miles. I take it I shouldn't?
Unless you can see the booking code in writing and the code is one that earns said miles I wouldn't expect anything from them in terms of milage accrual.

However, as a fare it is a great deal even with these limitations. Whereas Norwegian and Wow want to nickle and dime you for everything TP will include many of these things even in their cheapest fare!

-James
Old Feb 28, 2019, 4:14 am
Suspended

Programs: AF/KL FB Gold (E+) TK Elite (*G) QR Gold (OW Sapphire) IHG Platinum, B&W Diamont, Ascott Gold
OW JFK-CPH. MAY 7th 129$...….
My trip to YUL is turning out great! KLM Business (new) CPH-AMS-YUL for 26500 FB points (FB promo reward. 50% discount). I get the opportunity to ride The Amtrak Adirondack between Montreal and Penn Station NYC to catch this (crazy cheap) flight that has a fine stop in LIS
Thanks OP!
Pocatello likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Landry's President's Club, Marriott Silver, Awesomeness EXPLT
Anyone able to price a "Free" stopover in LIS/OPO? Everytime I try to do so the prices double..
Old Feb 28, 2019, 12:22 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by stockmanjr
Anyone able to price a "Free" stopover in LIS/OPO? Everytime I try to do so the prices double..
Same question here. Been trying to ticket Bos-Dub but prices double as soon as I add stopover for any length of time.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
I was doing a bit of research through EF on the fare codes for these fares. To me it appears they all book into "O". Even the classic fare when booked for something like JFK-BCN matches the fare rules exactly as shown on EF. The base fare jumps about $80, the change fee becomes $145 and you still earn zero miles in programs like UA.

The cheapest "U" fare (that would earn 50% in UA) has a base fare of $132. However, I have no idea how to force book that fare.

So bottom line...I believe these all book as "O" fares and will earn miles accordingly in the *A programs.

-RM
Xaroco likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 12:41 pm

Programs: 1K - UAL, Platinum DL, Marriott, Hilton, SPG
FROM /TO FLIGHT CL DATE DEP FARE BASIS NVB NVA BAG ST

xxxxx TP xxxx O xxxxx xxxxx OESDSI0D 0PC OK
TERMINAL:#
LISBON AIRPORT ARRIVAL TIME: #### ARRIVAL DATE: ####
TERMINAL:1 LATEST CHECK-IN:####

LISBON AIRPORT TP xxxx O xxMAR xxxx OESDSI0D 0PC OK
TERMINAL:1
Final Destination ARRIVAL TIME: #### ARRIVAL DATE: ####
LATEST CHECK-IN:####

The above confirms it is booking class O and if you book directly on TapP they offer free stopover in either Lisbon or Porto (1-3 nts).
Old Mar 1, 2019, 2:31 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
You must book directly through the Tap Portugal website. I was able to get a stopover for 4 days with no extra charge on a flight in August.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.