Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

AA VACATIONS: LAX - BKK or LAX - PVG $515 for Up to 57K Points, 1665 EQD, 16650 EQM

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA VACATIONS: LAX - BKK or LAX - PVG $515 for Up to 57K Points, 1665 EQD, 16650 EQM

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2018, 9:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Alaska MVP 75k, IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by The_Just
You just gotta dig up a vacation in Asia that is flight plus car instead of flight plus hotel. I can't find a single Asian destination that offers rental car as part of the package.
I don’t think that will work. The terms and conditions of deal specifically says hotel must match length of stay. So car does not qualify
Old Oct 24, 2018, 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by The_Just
You just gotta dig up a vacation in Asia that is flight plus car instead of flight plus hotel. I can't find a single Asian destination that offers rental car as part of the package.
Oh I meant carpool from San Diego to LAX. btw, I can't replicate your BKK deal. What date did you put in?
Old Oct 24, 2018, 9:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Fool's Gold
Originally Posted by eltoddo22

I don’t think that will work. The terms and conditions of deal specifically says hotel must match length of stay. So car does not qualify
Yup. You are correct sir. I may as well enjoy Thailand and stay a few days! I am just gonna torture myself and do SAN-JFK-SFO-HND-BKK and back. It will cost me an extra $250 for SAN-JFK RT but the overall haul is justifiable for a peasant such as myself with nothing else to do. I should earn enough total points to fly in Business to Europe from SAN upstairs on the BA 747 one way (in my favorite rear facing corner pod!) and in Y the other.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 10:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by courtesy9711
Oh I meant carpool from San Diego to LAX. btw, I can't replicate your BKK deal. What date did you put in?
Try 3/6-3/10. It will price out at $619. As pointed out, unless you want to grab the $130 discount instead of the 21K miles, this seems to be the general pricing of BKK from LAX. If anyone finds one lower, please post. I'm digging from JFK at this point.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 10:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Alaska MVP 75k, IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist
I must admit that my sad new hobby has become searching AAvacations for the best EQD per $$$ return. We should create a secret group to share these deals. It really takes some crowd sourcing to find these deals as many of these fares are unpublished and require better fare classes (V, L,M,K, H are the best).
The_Just likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 11:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Something-ist, Bombay Sapphire
Originally Posted by Karl
Is there a cheap fare with this package offered if you want to go in business class?
Booked a PHX-DFW-PEK-LAX-PHX in J (I fare) for $2,500 in mid-March. Seemed cheap enough (after a couple glasses of wine)? Then I nested a PEK-LAX in J for $1,189.
The_Just and eltoddo22 like this.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 12:11 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Some locations have hostels which are very cheap and you can "burn" (not show upto hotel) and still earn promo. Also, you can call AAvacations to book hotels for different locations in Asia.
What city has the cheapest hotel to burn?
Old Oct 25, 2018, 2:34 am

Programs: Jose Cuervo Gold, Bud Light Platinum, Schwab 401K, VW Bug 2MM
Not getting the math for lax-bkk. 16800 miles x 0.5 x 1.0(no status) + 21000 bonus = 29900miles earned. How do you get min 35k?
Old Oct 25, 2018, 3:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by exmike
Not getting the math for lax-bkk. 16800 miles x 0.5 x 1.0(no status) + 21000 bonus = 29900miles earned. How do you get min 35k?
You can route LAX-DFW-HKG-BKK and also via ORD from LAX
Old Oct 25, 2018, 3:42 am
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by hw711
What city has the cheapest hotel to burn?
Hotels in Bangkok are very cheap. VERY nice hotels can be had for $50 and less, but may be more once high season starts in December.

Would this credit to AS as well?
Old Oct 25, 2018, 4:17 am

Programs: Once upon a time...
Trying to wrap my head all of this.

I see flights from SAN to PVG for under $500 on ITA. I can pull these up on AA Vacations but without the necessary HKG stop to make no visa necessary. How would one book a more complex itinerary?
Old Oct 25, 2018, 4:18 am

Programs: Once upon a time...
Originally Posted by EmailKid
Would this credit to AS as well?
Yes, but it would kind of be missing the point as you wouldn't get the 20k bonus.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 9:16 am

Programs: AA Exp, United Silver, Delta Platinum, Marriott Platinum
is this price just flight or flight + hotel ?
Old Oct 25, 2018, 9:49 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium.;UA 1.5MM; UA Lifetime Gold (whoppee); DL Plat
I must admit that my sad new hobby has become searching AAvacations for the best EQD per $$$ return. We should create a secret group to share these deals. It really takes some crowd sourcing to find these deals as many of these fares are unpublished and require better fare classes (V, L,M,K, H are the best).
I do too! Worse than a drug addiction!
Old Oct 25, 2018, 11:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fnuhenry
is this price just flight or flight + hotel ?
Hotel is included. Actually, its required.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.