Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

AA VACATIONS: LAX - BKK or LAX - PVG $515 for Up to 57K Points, 1665 EQD, 16650 EQM

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA VACATIONS: LAX - BKK or LAX - PVG $515 for Up to 57K Points, 1665 EQD, 16650 EQM

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2018, 12:17 am

Programs: Once upon a time...
Originally Posted by The_Just
Well, for those of you in So Cal there are still some good deals before the end of the year when the special fares go away.

There is SAN-MIA-DFW-PEK-DFW-SAN available. from 11/28-12/2. $488 with free shuttle to/from airport to hotel and free breakfast. I like this one because its a redeye to Miami so you don't waste the day.

You can also make it from SAN-PVG is pretty much the same fashion on the same dates. As a Platinum you'd get over 40k RDM. Purdy good. And the flight is out of SAN. No offense to you LA folks but I'm tired of driving through that misery of traffic doom.
But who wants to go to China?!

Show me a <$500 flight to Thailand or Vietnam from SAN and I'm in!
Old Nov 8, 2018, 1:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Fool's Gold
Originally Posted by veeRob
But who wants to go to China?!

Show me a <$500 flight to Thailand or Vietnam from SAN and I'm in!
Finding Vietnam just under $700 from SAN. HOWEVER!!!! I did find that PERTH is the only city you can do a vacation to in this deal where you don't have to rent a hotel and you can rent a car instead. ha ha ha
JLK100 likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 6:54 am

Programs: UA MM, AA almost MM
The AAVacation website is severely deficient. It will show you availability but bombs out at the purchase phase after all the data have been entered. I finally call the AAV phone number and have them book the package for me and waive the fee. It appears that all the packages are on AA+JAL flights. Before you look on AAVacation website, check to be sure the route is bookable on AA.com. Google flights is a good tool for that. Even with route being bookable on AA.com, the website still bombed out. I needed an agent to book the package for me. She had to book the flight separately and add the hotel later. It took her several tries to book my package for me.
Bonaventure and JLK100 like this.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by xenole
Do these have to be credited to AA or can they be credited, probably without the bonus, to British Airways?

Got a few spare days coming up in LA and tempted by one of these (although maybe not on a 787 in economy even if it might be JAL metal should I go to, or via, Tokyo). Some flights seem to head east from LAX to DFW before changing planes for a 14hr trip west.
Data point from an AAV trip in 2017 - my flight miles were credited to BA, but the standard 1,000 mile booking bonus posted normally to AA. (No promo on that trip).

The AAV system has a separate booking number unique to their system, in addition to the normal AA flight record locator. I suspect that if your AAdvantage number is entered correctly when booking, it will remain and be processed when they run fulfillment for bonus/booking miles.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 6:54 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Plat for Life, ex BD Gld (RIP)
Originally Posted by a330300
Data point from an AAV trip in 2017 - my flight miles were credited to BA, but the standard 1,000 mile booking bonus posted normally to AA. (No promo on that trip)..
That's really interesting. Can you remember if your flights were booked on one of the * booking codes (e.g. O*) or the "normal", non star codes?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.