Ua: Yyz-tpe - $575 ca$ ($0.03 cpm ca$)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ua: Yyz-tpe - $575 ca$ ($0.03 cpm ca$)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2018, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by joe_miami
But an AC YYZ-SFO yields 100% PQM — e.g., the YYZ-SFO segment of a YYZ-SFO-TPE itinerary booked on United and with SFO-TPE on United metal? Thanks.
It will yield 100% PQM. YYZ-SFO (or vice versa) is transborder; wherewas YEG-YVR is (Canadian) domestic.

Try applying transborder flights to AC on these types of fares, and see how many (AQM - AC's PQM lingo) you'd get - hint: not 100%.
joe_miami likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 5:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Not to get greedy, but has anyone been able to book a one-day stopover in SFO (or LAX) without seeing the fare almost double? I thought I was able to do this yesterday but I can't seem to replicate it today. Thanks.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 8:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Not to get greedy, but has anyone been able to book a one-day stopover in SFO (or LAX) without seeing the fare almost double? I thought I was able to do this yesterday but I can't seem to replicate it today. Thanks.
You're not going to get a full day without breaking the fare. You may be able to swing something like get in to SFO around 9:30pm and take the 1:30pm flight the next day, but that's merely adding an overnight hotel stay to your trip cost, really, since you'd have to be at the airport before noon. You're not going to get a lot of sightseeing done between 9am and 11am.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 4:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium
I was able to get an overnight in YVR on this but only 12 hours nothing in SFO/LAX but I would assume it would be the same...
Old Oct 14, 2018, 6:10 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Boogie711
You're not going to get a full day without breaking the fare. You may be able to swing something like get in to SFO around 9:30pm and take the 1:30pm flight the next day, but that's merely adding an overnight hotel stay to your trip cost, really, since you'd have to be at the airport before noon. You're not going to get a lot of sightseeing done between 9am and 11am.
Thanks. For about $10 more, I was able to find an all-United return via SFO and DEN, which potentially brings SDC into play for buying an extra 12 to 24 hours in SFO. Not a huge deal, but always nice to see a few things as opposed to a pure MR.

For the MR vets, would you prefer spending 1-2 days on the ground in TPE or SIN? Looks like SIN is also a possibility on a few dates. (I know SIN yields an extra ~3,000 PQM.) Thanks.

Last edited by joe_miami; Oct 14, 2018 at 6:16 pm
Old Oct 14, 2018, 6:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MileagePlus Premier Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Gnopps
Thanks for this! I can't find the exact same fare though, lowest I see is about 680 CAD all in. Do you have sample dates or a link?
There are many - even quite soon November.

Old Oct 14, 2018, 7:20 pm

For the MR vets, would you prefer spending 1-2 days on the ground in TPE or SIN? Looks like SIN is also a possibility on a few dates. (I know SIN yields an extra ~3,000 PQM.) Thanks.
LOVE Singapore. Tons of Asia, with weird foods, fun activities and unique things to see and do...

But everyone speaks English, the streets are RIDICULOUSLY safe and clean, and laughably simple to get around. It really is the best of both worlds. And the Changi airport is consistently voted best in the world.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 8:00 pm
Suspended

LOVE Singapore. Tons of Asia, with weird foods, fun activities and unique things to see and do...

But everyone speaks English, the streets are RIDICULOUSLY safe and clean, and laughably simple to get around. It really is the best of both worlds. And the Changi airport is consistently voted best in the world.
Thanks. Don't want to threadjack, but would staying only two nights be crazy (i.e., physically tough, plus not enough time to see much of Singapore)? I'm looking at an early Saturday morning arrival and then a Monday morning departure. Thanks.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 8:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I would think TPE is much cheaper than SIN and Taiwan has more to see as it is bigger. SIN weather is hot and humid year round. TPE actually has seasons.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 9:54 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by username
I would think TPE is much cheaper than SIN and Taiwan has more to see as it is bigger. SIN weather is hot and humid year round. TPE actually has seasons.
TPE definitely looks cheaper — I can use Hyatt free nights in TPE but not in SIN, as the latter is a category or two higher — but SIN is appealing because it's ~3,000 more PQM plus I'd arrive at 6:30 am instead of 6:30 pm, which would give me two full days on the ground in SIN as opposed to less than 36 hours in TPE.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 8:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA MileagePlus Premier Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Thanks. Don't want to threadjack, but would staying only two nights be crazy (i.e., physically tough, plus not enough time to see much of Singapore)? I'm looking at an early Saturday morning arrival and then a Monday morning departure. Thanks.
I do SIN at least once per year. I do TPE at least twice per year.

Both cities are great - I tend to lean towards TPE as there is more to do in the general area, it is less expensive and not as blazing hot all the time. That said, I visit both every year.
joe_miami likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 4:55 pm
Suspended

Ended up choosing SIN, from a western New York airport rather than YYZ. ~23,000 PQM for about $700.

Anyone ever see any interesting SDC options on the way back? I assume not, but figured I'd ask. I'm a first-timer coming back from Asia. Thanks again.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 2:43 pm
Suspended

This is more of a general mileage-run question than specific to this particular deal, but for people who do these quick Asia trips, would you rather do East Coast—1-2 days in San Fran—2 days in Asia—East Coast or East Coast—2 days in Asia (via SFO)—1-2 days in San Fran—East Coast?

It looks like I'll be able to break the trip up, but I'm not sure which end is better. Thanks again for all feedback.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 6:07 pm

This is more of a general mileage-run question than specific to this particular deal, but for people who do these quick Asia trips, would you rather do East Coast—1-2 days in San Fran—2 days in Asia—East Coast or East Coast—2 days in Asia (via SFO)—1-2 days in San Fran—East Coast?

It looks like I'll be able to break the trip up, but I'm not sure which end is better. Thanks again for all feedback.
That's not a mileage run question. Mileage runs go straight out, straight back, and ideally, occur over a weekend.

I once flew to Bahrain, got lunch in the airport, got back on the plane and flew home.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 7:12 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
That's not a mileage run question. Mileage runs go straight out, straight back, and ideally, occur over a weekend.

I once flew to Bahrain, got lunch in the airport, got back on the plane and flew home.
Everyone has his/her own opinion. Each’s opinion is neither right or wrong.

My definition of a mileage run is accrue the most miles with least amount of time and money.
joe_miami and Flying for Fun like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.