Search

Ua: Yyz-tpe - $575 ca$ ($0.03 cpm ca$)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2018, 3:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MileagePlus Premier Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Ua: Yyz-tpe - $575 ca$ ($0.03 cpm ca$)

I just got in on this action.

YYZ-TPE via SFO on outbound and return via SFO-DEN.

I saw prices via Google Flights for Oct'18/Nov'18 and then Jan'19 through to April'19.

YYZ-TPE has been good to me for the last 5 years. The city is safe, excellent transit, food is good and a great 3-4 day getaway. Really like spending time in Taiwan - food, sights and very friendly people.

If you go - be sure to check out the night markets, Keelung, Pingxi and even Beitou for hotsprings.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 6:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by rjp123
I just got in on this action.

YYZ-TPE via SFO on outbound and return via SFO-DEN.

I saw prices via Google Flights for Oct'18/Nov'18 and then Jan'19 through to April'19.

YYZ-TPE has been good to me for the last 5 years. The city is safe, excellent transit, food is good and a great 3-4 day getaway. Really like spending time in Taiwan - food, sights and very friendly people.

If you go - be sure to check out the night markets, Keelung, Pingxi and even Beitou for hotsprings.
Thanks for posting this. I'm seeing this with the YYZ-SFO segment operated by AC. Does that yield full PQM if credited to UA? Thanks.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 6:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by joe_miami
Thanks for posting this. I'm seeing this with the YYZ-SFO segment operated by AC. Does that yield full PQM if credited to UA? Thanks.
Yes.

Moot as the ticket would be plated on 016 (UA) anyway.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 1:28 am

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Thanks for this! I can't find the exact same fare though, lowest I see is about 680 CAD all in. Do you have sample dates or a link?
Old Oct 13, 2018, 1:37 am

Programs: UA
Its available from LAX on certain days, all AC metal.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 6:40 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Repooc17
Yes.

Moot as the ticket would be plated on 016 (UA) anyway.
Not at all Moot - ticket stock has no impact whatsoever on PQM.
In this PARTICULAR case, though - it does fully credit to UA, so no worries.
Ticket stock does impact PQD, but not PQM.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by Boogie711
Not at all Moot - ticket stock has no impact whatsoever on PQM.
In this PARTICULAR case, though - it does fully credit to UA, so no worries.
Ticket stock does impact PQD, but not PQM.
Other than basic economy N fares, I can't recall the last time PQM is less than the flying distance on 016 tickets.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 7:18 am

Other than basic economy N fares, I can't recall the last time PQM is less than the flying distance on 016 tickets.
PQM is calculated solely by the metal you fly butt-in-seat. Period.

It's been that way across Star Alliance for literally decades.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Boogie711
PQM is calculated solely by the metal you fly butt-in-seat. Period.

It's been that way across Star Alliance for literally decades.
Not always. I have received 50% PQM on partner flights crediting to UA.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 7:46 am

When you purchase 016 ticket stock, you may tend to be buying fares that earn 100% mileage, but the two are completely coincidental. For example, K fare on Air Canada between Toronto and Vancouver - earns 25% PQM on MileagePlus. But - that would be solely an Air Canada ticket, and United isn't allowed to even sell it.

The minute you have 016 ticket stock, that's an Air Canada flight coming into the USA, and therefore, even if it WERE ticketed with Air Canada, it would earn 100% PQM on MileagePlus.

If you even COULD buy an ultra cheapy low fare with 016 ticket stock on, for example, Egyptair - it would earn less than 100% mileage. The company that sells the ticket has nothing to do with earning rates for PQM.
Repooc17 likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 7:49 am

Not always. I have received 50% PQM on partner flights crediting to UA.
Absolutely you would have. That's not my point - if you buy a cheap fare with South Africa or Ethiopian or just about anyone else, you're going to get less than 100% PQM. But you'd have gotten less than 100% PQM even if you had purchased that fare with 016 ticket stock.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 8:09 am

Here's an example of someone who received less than 100% PQM on a cheap partner fare, even though it was 016 ticket stock.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 12:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium
Ive booked trips to TPE from YEG in past, on UA ticket stock, and for sure only get the 25% PQM for the canada to canada segments (YEG-YVR in my case) Rest was all 100% as it was all UA flights
Old Oct 13, 2018, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by whitethunder
Ive booked trips to TPE from YEG in past, on UA ticket stock, and for sure only get the 25% PQM for the canada to canada segments (YEG-YVR in my case) Rest was all 100% as it was all UA flights
You're gonna not get what you want in terms of PQM earnings on 016-ticket stock for AC canada-canada flights unless you purchase high enough fare class: UA mileage earning on AC (Air Canada) operated flights

David
Old Oct 13, 2018, 2:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by DELee
You're gonna not get what you want in terms of PQM earnings on 016-ticket stock for AC canada-canada flights unless you purchase high enough fare class: UA mileage earning on AC (Air Canada) operated flights
But an AC YYZ-SFO yields 100% PQM — e.g., the YYZ-SFO segment of a YYZ-SFO-TPE itinerary booked on United and with SFO-TPE on United metal? Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.