FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-deals-372/)
-   -   DL: eze-tyo $890 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-deals/1931745-dl-eze-tyo-890-a.html)

tomasdev Sep 21, 2018 10:22 am

DL: eze-tyo $890

Dates available in October.

Sample https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...1bb04f4372.png
https://goo.gl/flights/1vULV

Repooc17 Sep 21, 2018 10:31 am

I hope you are teasing us because this is a business class fare :p

I was able to find a fare in Y for $920

tomasdev Sep 21, 2018 11:39 am

Originally Posted by Repooc17 (Post 30229780)
I hope you are teasing us because this is a business class fare :p

I was able to find a fare in Y for $920

Either this was already moved or you were mistaken

Fare class is V, economy.

Repooc17 Sep 21, 2018 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by tomasdev (Post 30230076)
Either this was already moved or you were mistaken

Fare class is V, economy.

I was being facetious. You had posted initially details to come.

ilcannone Sep 21, 2018 3:27 pm

Who would even want to spend that long a) on Delta and b) in Atlanta?!

WillSkiGT Oct 2, 2018 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by ilcannone (Post 30230900)
Who would even want to spend that long a) on Delta and b) in Atlanta?!

It's a 6 hour layover is all. Not bad. Total travel time is 30 hr 15 min.

You get 23,680 MQMs, which is 1/3 of the way to Platinum Medallion, for $890. Do this trip 3 times and spend $25k on the Delta AMEX credit card in a year, and you have Platinum status.

Although, if you live in EZE, Platinum status doesn't do much.

tomasdev Oct 2, 2018 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by WillSkiGT (Post 30271627)

You get 23,680 MQMs, which is 1/3 of the way to Platinum Medallion, for $890. Do this trip 3 times and spend $25k on the Delta AMEX credit card in a year, and you have Platinum status.

Lies.

I'm argentine. Platinum status on Delta does more than top tier status on Aerolineas Argentinas (national airline, Skyteam) - i.e., when flying to Mexico, Europe and US, you get more benefits than any status in AR. Also you get more miles, and better miles. Yes, "SkyPesos" are way more valuable than AR "Plus Millas".

WillSkiGT Oct 2, 2018 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by tomasdev (Post 30271653)
Lies.

I'm argentine. Platinum status on Delta does more than top tier status on Aerolineas Argentinas (national airline, Skyteam) - i.e., when flying to Mexico, Europe and US, you get more benefits than any status in AR. Also you get more miles, and better miles. Yes, "SkyPesos" are way more valuable than AR "Plus Millas".

Interesting. I figured it was mostly worthless, since you don't get domestic upgrades and platinum RUCs are useless on international flights. To me, those are the two biggest/best "perks" and are basically only for US customers. But I am an ATL based and an American, so my perspective is certainly different.

tomasdev Oct 2, 2018 4:21 pm

You're partially correct. The Platinum choice benefit is also an extra that AR Plus does not have.
And now with lowcosts doing regional in Argentina, there's even less reason to have AR Plus status. They treat you like sh*t on the phone and in person, no benefits, etc.

Remember that with Delta Platinum you get free upgrades on AeroMexico within South America (so having DL PM and flying AM is pretty good)

Anyway, Argentines usually travel to (my personal order and my friends'):
- Brazil (covered by GOL)
- Europe (AirEuropa, KLM and AirFrance all have direct flights from AR, and you get better leg spacing for free and get to choose your seats with Platinum)
- USA (covered by Delta and AeroMexico)
- Mexico/Central America (covered by AeroMexico)
- Asia (covered by Delta, China Eastern, KLM, AirFrance)

Comparing that with Aerolineas Argentinas, it's a no brainer. My girlfriend still lives in Argentina, and since I convinced her to switch to Delta, she now has Gold status (access to lounges!) with the same amount of travel that AR Plus gave her nothing.

-- But of course, if you live in Argentina, American status may make more sense if you travel often within South America/US (LATAM/LAN/TAM/AA has way more coverage and better flights and service than AM/AR)

ilcannone Oct 3, 2018 1:41 pm

This literally means nothing to me I'm afraid :/

Repooc17 Oct 3, 2018 3:18 pm

There are better ways to get to Plat. For example, I got 42K DL MQM and $8K MQD for spending $1,500 or so out of pocket in two J AM sale fares.

Mama Oct 30, 2018 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by Repooc17 (Post 30275726)
There are better ways to get to Plat. For example, I got 42K DL MQM and $8K MQD for spending $1,500 or so out of pocket in two J AM sale fares.

I know you get DL MQD as a percentage of the flight distance and it also factors in fare class, when you flight Skyteam partners. However, I have been searching up and down on Delta website for the complete list/rules. What fare class give you what percentage from what Skyteam partner? Do you have a link? It is impossible to make any plan without such list.

Repooc17 Oct 30, 2018 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by Mama (Post 30374837)
I know you get DL MQD as a percentage of the flight distance and it also factors in fare class, when you flight Skyteam partners. However, I have been searching up and down on Delta website for the complete list/rules. What fare class give you what percentage from what Skyteam partner? Do you have a link? It is impossible to make any plan without such list.

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en_US/skymiles/how-to-earn-miles/airline-partners.html

ULDB65 Oct 30, 2018 6:57 pm

Regardless of whether you need the miles, this is a great fare. Best fare EZE to the U.S. is normally about $900, so the freebie to TYO is a bonus.

Mama Nov 17, 2018 1:31 am

Originally Posted by Repooc17 (Post 30374848)
https://www.delta.com/content/www/en_US/skymiles/how-to-earn-miles/airline-partners.html

thanks. But this link does not spell out what fare class get what percentage of flight distance as MQD. How do people plan mileage run on ST partners to earn DL's MQD and MQM? Do people just do it by experience or by guessing?