Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page > United/Air Canada $366-$396 SFO to Copenhagen

United/Air Canada $366-$396 SFO to Copenhagen

Reply

Old May 7, 18, 9:03 am
  #1  
Suspended
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: TPA
Programs: British, United,SW, Delta,Iberia,KLM, Qatar, IHG, Hilton, Marriott, Starwood, Radisson, Wyndham,
Posts: 200

Last edited by Pat89339; May 8, 18 at 1:48 pm
honores41 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 18, 8:53 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Programs: AA lifetime Gold, United Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Spire, Hertz Gold
Posts: 400
Currently $421 on the dates shown in the link, Nov. 10-18. LAX is just a few dollars more, though, for anyone in S. Cal.
chrisphx is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 18, 5:53 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: SFO/SJC/OAK
Programs: UA 1K2MM, SPG Plat/Lifetime Gold, WN A-List, Hyatt Platinum
Posts: 138
Fare is still a good one, except UA no longer flies into CPH, so you'll have to take AC. Just remember even as a *G you won't be able to select seats (nor get preferred ones) on AC unless you pay.
sfsouthbay is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 18, 8:13 pm
  #4  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Posts: 14,164
Originally Posted by sfsouthbay View Post
Fare is still a good one, except UA no longer flies into CPH, so you'll have to take AC. Just remember even as a *G you won't be able to select seats (nor get preferred ones) on AC unless you pay.
Correct. You can pick your seats for free at the 24 hour mark, which is what I did. When I checked in a few weeks ago for my flight, I asked the check in agent if I could get the exit row as a * Gold. My wife and I both got lucky.

FYI, Copenhagen is expensive. Think $5.00 USD for a Coke. Hamburgers $16, and nothing special chicken salad for USD $24. Other than that, it's a beautiful city.

dh
dhammer53 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 18, 8:40 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Denmark
Programs: TK Elite, HH G
Posts: 4,220
Originally Posted by dhammer53 View Post

FYI, Copenhagen is expensive. Think $5.00 USD for a Coke. Hamburgers $16, and nothing special chicken salad for USD $24. Other than that, it's a beautiful city.
As a native Dane and a seasoned travellor I'm able to confirm this. Price level here is higher than in Sweden and most other European countries (except for Switzerland) - even Norway may be cheaper due to current exchange rates. So you may get a cheap fare but expenses during you stay may be considerably higher than you are used to from home or other European countries. Anyway, enjoy your stay in Copenhagen; always worth a visit during the summer.
SK AAR is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 18, 10:33 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: SFO/SJC/OAK
Programs: UA 1K2MM, SPG Plat/Lifetime Gold, WN A-List, Hyatt Platinum
Posts: 138
Originally Posted by SK AAR View Post
As a native Dane and a seasoned travellor I'm able to confirm this. Price level here is higher than in Sweden and most other European countries (except for Switzerland) - even Norway may be cheaper due to current exchange rates. So you may get a cheap fare but expenses during you stay may be considerably higher than you are used to from home or other European countries. Anyway, enjoy your stay in Copenhagen; always worth a visit during the summer.
Wow even Norway, then that has to be bad now. I've been to CPH a few times in my life, and yes it is expensive but I haven't taken a look at the exchange rates in a long time. Denmark is a wonderful country. Just watch for the bikes - they do ride them fast like cars (and beware if you're stepping into a bike lane)!
dhammer53 likes this.
sfsouthbay is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 18, 1:19 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Denmark
Programs: TK Elite, HH G
Posts: 4,220
Norway has become cheaper for int. visitors at the exchange rate for Norw. crowns shrank in recent years.
SK AAR is offline  
Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread