FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-deals-372/)
-   -   United/Air Canada $366-$396 SFO to Copenhagen (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-deals/1908125-united-air-canada-366-396-sfo-copenhagen.html)

honores41 May 7, 2018 9:03 am

chrisphx May 14, 2018 8:53 am

Currently $421 on the dates shown in the link, Nov. 10-18. LAX is just a few dollars more, though, for anyone in S. Cal.

sfsouthbay May 14, 2018 5:53 pm

Fare is still a good one, except UA no longer flies into CPH, so you'll have to take AC. Just remember even as a *G you won't be able to select seats (nor get preferred ones) on AC unless you pay.

dhammer53 May 14, 2018 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by sfsouthbay (Post 29753917)
Fare is still a good one, except UA no longer flies into CPH, so you'll have to take AC. Just remember even as a *G you won't be able to select seats (nor get preferred ones) on AC unless you pay.

Correct. You can pick your seats for free at the 24 hour mark, which is what I did. When I checked in a few weeks ago for my flight, I asked the check in agent if I could get the exit row as a * Gold. My wife and I both got lucky.

FYI, Copenhagen is expensive. Think $5.00 USD for a Coke. Hamburgers $16, and nothing special chicken salad for USD $24. Other than that, it's a beautiful city.

dh

SK AAR May 15, 2018 8:40 am

Originally Posted by dhammer53 (Post 29754270)

FYI, Copenhagen is expensive. Think $5.00 USD for a Coke. Hamburgers $16, and nothing special chicken salad for USD $24. Other than that, it's a beautiful city.

As a native Dane and a seasoned travellor I'm able to confirm this. Price level here is higher than in Sweden and most other European countries (except for Switzerland) - even Norway may be cheaper due to current exchange rates. So you may get a cheap fare but expenses during you stay may be considerably higher than you are used to from home or other European countries. Anyway, enjoy your stay in Copenhagen; always worth a visit during the summer.

sfsouthbay May 15, 2018 10:33 am

Originally Posted by SK AAR (Post 29756090)
As a native Dane and a seasoned travellor I'm able to confirm this. Price level here is higher than in Sweden and most other European countries (except for Switzerland) - even Norway may be cheaper due to current exchange rates. So you may get a cheap fare but expenses during you stay may be considerably higher than you are used to from home or other European countries. Anyway, enjoy your stay in Copenhagen; always worth a visit during the summer.

Wow even Norway, then that has to be bad now. I've been to CPH a few times in my life, and yes it is expensive but I haven't taken a look at the exchange rates in a long time. Denmark is a wonderful country. Just watch for the bikes - they do ride them fast like cars (and beware if you're stepping into a bike lane)!

SK AAR May 15, 2018 1:19 pm

Norway has become cheaper for int. visitors at the exchange rate for Norw. crowns shrank in recent years.

Scott Kiwi May 22, 2018 6:48 am

Copenhagen in the spring, when all of the parks are in full bloom. It made for a beautiful visit.

CEB May 22, 2018 10:24 am

Premium Fare?

I'm sorry, but how does this fit into a premium fare notice?

Repooc17 May 22, 2018 11:27 am

Originally Posted by CEB (Post 29781922)
I'm sorry, but how does this fit into a premium fare notice?

It's not, and as far as I know, the thread has been posted to the MR (non premium) deals section of the forum.

The premium fares section has its own sub-forum. Where you are posting is not the premium fares sub-forum.

On topic, the fare is great, but the min. stay (7 days) make it to pull the trigger for a MR.

Brucemcdou May 22, 2018 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by Repooc17 (Post 29782149)
On topic, the fare is great, but the min. stay (7 days) make it to pull the trigger for a MR.

Agreed; this is a very good fare for a vacation, but is not a Mileage Run. To me, a MR fare should be available for as little as a same-day turn, but certainly for 2, 3, or 4 day round trip. Looks like this fare jumps up to $600 - 700 when you shorten it down to that length. Not bad, but not great.